Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Suzanne D's picture is up

Posted by Scott R on 12/11/01 at 17:14 (066754)

nm

Re: Suzanne D's picture is up

Necee on 12/11/01 at 18:31 (066767)

Cute picture Suzanne!! Your students are blessed to have you as their teacher. Thanks for sharing the picture with us.
Happy Trails.....
Necee

Suzanne D on 12/11/01 at 19:06 (066769)

Thank you, Necee! The picture was made in our library last month during Children's Book Week. My students were wearing their Arthur masks they had made. Of course, had I not been in the picture, I surely would have seen that one little boy had his mask on upside down! :-)

Scott R on 12/11/01 at 19:08 (066770)

For those not using the email option....it's a pretty nice option to have replies sent to my email box as soon as they occur. It's stored in a cookie so you only have to type it once

Julie on 12/12/01 at 02:52 (066798)

Hi Suzanne

Thanks for posting this wonderful picture which I had the privilege of seeing when you e-mailed it to me! It's really lovely. How is my friend little mister up-side-down-mask doing?

Suzanne D on 12/12/01 at 11:51 (066836)

Thanks, Julie! Little mister upside-down-mask is doing well since his appendectomy. He is back at school and, with the exception of taking P.E., is able to participate in everything we are doing. It is a busy, exciting time with Christmas approaching!

By the way, the children enjoyed hearing from you about Christmas in England! Thank you again for writing to us. They now can locate England on the map and know that is where the Pilgrims came from. We made a little book about The Twelve Days of Christmas song and ate pudding which they helped me make to remember that you all have Christmas pudding. Of course it is not like yours, but they will associate pudding with England's Christmas, anyway.

Today we are learning about Christmas in France. I had to stifle a chuckle as one of the students solemnly told us he had been to Paris not long ago. You see, there is a Paris, KY! Of course when they see the Eiffel Tower pictured, many think they have been there as they have been to King's Island Amusement Park, and there is a smaller replica there.

Have a good day!

Re: thank you suzanne ! i too dream of going to paris .

linda A on 12/13/01 at 19:06 (066909)

hello suzanne ! it took one of your first graders to allow me to enjoy my trip to paris ,Ky of course it might not had been the well known city paris , france . i got a chuckle being i am from louisville ,ky and always dreamed of flying over to france to see the Eiffel Tower . i have yet to see Kings Island ( not much amusement goer ) , but iam sure that is to change when my nephews and nieces become much bigger (ages 7- 5 ). how many kids do you teach ?

Suzanne D on 12/13/01 at 19:43 (066910)

Glad my little story made you smile, Linda!! That's one of the things I love about first graders: even on some of the roughest days, they can always make me smile...

I've never traveled much, but I sure do enjoy reading about places and sharing that with my students. I tell them we can go anywhere in books!

I'm not much of an amusement park lover myself, either; I get 'seasick' on wild rides, but I have been with church groups to King's Island - actually I think it has a new name now; it's been awhile since I've been. Now I don't think I could walk such a place, but I enjoyed seeing the replica of the Eiffel Tower there when I went.

You take care, Linda! Nice hearing from you.

Necee on 12/11/01 at 18:31 (066767)

Cute picture Suzanne!! Your students are blessed to have you as their teacher. Thanks for sharing the picture with us.
Happy Trails.....
Necee

Suzanne D on 12/11/01 at 19:06 (066769)

Thank you, Necee! The picture was made in our library last month during Children's Book Week. My students were wearing their Arthur masks they had made. Of course, had I not been in the picture, I surely would have seen that one little boy had his mask on upside down! :-)

Scott R on 12/11/01 at 19:08 (066770)

For those not using the email option....it's a pretty nice option to have replies sent to my email box as soon as they occur. It's stored in a cookie so you only have to type it once

Julie on 12/12/01 at 02:52 (066798)

Hi Suzanne

Thanks for posting this wonderful picture which I had the privilege of seeing when you e-mailed it to me! It's really lovely. How is my friend little mister up-side-down-mask doing?

Suzanne D on 12/12/01 at 11:51 (066836)

Thanks, Julie! Little mister upside-down-mask is doing well since his appendectomy. He is back at school and, with the exception of taking P.E., is able to participate in everything we are doing. It is a busy, exciting time with Christmas approaching!

By the way, the children enjoyed hearing from you about Christmas in England! Thank you again for writing to us. They now can locate England on the map and know that is where the Pilgrims came from. We made a little book about The Twelve Days of Christmas song and ate pudding which they helped me make to remember that you all have Christmas pudding. Of course it is not like yours, but they will associate pudding with England's Christmas, anyway.

Today we are learning about Christmas in France. I had to stifle a chuckle as one of the students solemnly told us he had been to Paris not long ago. You see, there is a Paris, KY! Of course when they see the Eiffel Tower pictured, many think they have been there as they have been to King's Island Amusement Park, and there is a smaller replica there.

Have a good day!

linda A on 12/13/01 at 19:06 (066909)

hello suzanne ! it took one of your first graders to allow me to enjoy my trip to paris ,Ky of course it might not had been the well known city paris , france . i got a chuckle being i am from louisville ,ky and always dreamed of flying over to france to see the Eiffel Tower . i have yet to see Kings Island ( not much amusement goer ) , but iam sure that is to change when my nephews and nieces become much bigger (ages 7- 5 ). how many kids do you teach ?

Suzanne D on 12/13/01 at 19:43 (066910)

Glad my little story made you smile, Linda!! That's one of the things I love about first graders: even on some of the roughest days, they can always make me smile...

I've never traveled much, but I sure do enjoy reading about places and sharing that with my students. I tell them we can go anywhere in books!

I'm not much of an amusement park lover myself, either; I get 'seasick' on wild rides, but I have been with church groups to King's Island - actually I think it has a new name now; it's been awhile since I've been. Now I don't think I could walk such a place, but I enjoyed seeing the replica of the Eiffel Tower there when I went.

You take care, Linda! Nice hearing from you.