Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Had 1st art treatment today

Posted by Sherrie M. on 12/12/01 at 10:56 (066830)

Hi everyone, I had my first art treatment today and it wasn't bad at all. First I had electric stim, then ultrasound, the normal pt stuff and then the chiro took his thumb and slowly moved down the pf and it hurt a little and while he was doing it he told me that I was very tight and that I had scar tissue that needed to be broke up and that art does just that. He also told me that is stimulated circulation and blood to these areas and that is what speeds healing( I sure hope so ).After he did the bottoms of my feet he did the areas that I have tendonitis (post-tibial and peroneal), he used his thumb again in those areas and that didn't bother me at all, it actually felt good! Then ofcoarse he did the top of my one foot where my big toe and second toe have been killing me and across the top of my foot,(I guess I'm gonna keep him very busy).He asked me to get up and walk afterwards and I hesitated but I did and I could hardly feel the pain, it actually relieved me a little and the chiro said this usually happens right after the treatment, that's a good sign,huh.Well I'm home now resting as usual and the bottoms of my feet itch, I guess thats circulation which can't hurt. I will be filling all of you in on my new chiro adventure, thanks for all of your support and well wishes. Sherrie

Re: Had 1st art treatment today

Suzanne D on 12/12/01 at 11:57 (066838)

I am glad to hear that you had good results, Sherrie!! I wish for you continued healing. :-)

CatherineL on 12/12/01 at 12:25 (066840)

I started ART last month and had a similar experience. discomfort during, better movement after w/less pain. I went for a few visits, but for the couple of weeks I couldn't go, be feet were back to balled-up and painful. I've started back at laser and will probably go for a few more ART during the same time.

CL

PatC on 12/12/01 at 21:15 (066864)

Your experience sounds encouraging. Hope it works.

Julie on 12/13/01 at 06:58 (066871)

Sherrie, that sounds like a good start. Thanks for telling us. I hope further treatments will help. Keep us posted.

nancy w on 12/17/01 at 19:11 (067253)

Excuse my ignorance, but what is ART treatment? Sounds a lot like the physical therapy that i had.

Suzanne D on 12/12/01 at 11:57 (066838)

I am glad to hear that you had good results, Sherrie!! I wish for you continued healing. :-)

CatherineL on 12/12/01 at 12:25 (066840)

I started ART last month and had a similar experience. discomfort during, better movement after w/less pain. I went for a few visits, but for the couple of weeks I couldn't go, be feet were back to balled-up and painful. I've started back at laser and will probably go for a few more ART during the same time.

CL

PatC on 12/12/01 at 21:15 (066864)

Your experience sounds encouraging. Hope it works.

Julie on 12/13/01 at 06:58 (066871)

Sherrie, that sounds like a good start. Thanks for telling us. I hope further treatments will help. Keep us posted.

nancy w on 12/17/01 at 19:11 (067253)

Excuse my ignorance, but what is ART treatment? Sounds a lot like the physical therapy that i had.