Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

looking for a foot surgeon

Posted by Jean M on 12/13/01 at 16:31 (066904)

I just came from the office of my Ortho. I have posterior tibial tendonitis. I have been working with him on conservative treatment for this off an on over the last year, with the most recent flare up in the last few months. Today as he felt along the tendon he said that it felt lumpy along the tendon. I did have an MRI last May and it only showed a fluid build up on the tendon. Well to get on with this, today he said that he felt I should see a foot surgeon since the tendon may need to be cleaned or possibly replaced if it is to thin? He does not do this type of surgery. He was not sure who to does this in our area as the last surgeon he worked with recently moved, unless, I want to go about three hours away to Milwaukee, and that would be difficult at best. I live about an hour from Green Bay, Wisconsin and was wondering if you knew of anyone in this area that you might reccomend. I will also post this on the other boards to see if anyone has a reccomendation. I have done some reading on this board about this type of tendonitis and a lot of what I have read sounds familiar. In addition, would it be wise to have another MRI at this point? I think I read somewher that they may be inconclusive anyway? Thank you for your help.

Re: looking for a foot surgeon

A Manoli MD on 12/19/01 at 09:30 (067392)

Richard Marks, MD in Milwaukee is quite good.

am2

Re: looking for a foot surgeon

A Manoli MD on 12/19/01 at 09:30 (067392)

Richard Marks, MD in Milwaukee is quite good.

am2