Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Hersey Shoes

Posted by D.Thomas on 12/14/01 at 09:45 (066943)

Well I told someone here that I would write about the custom shoes I ordered from Hersey over the Internet. All I can say is wow these are the best fitting running shoes I have ever worn. They are a little expensive but in my book, very much worth it. Just to note that I haven't been able to where my other shoes without inflamation for more than a couple of hours, I have worn these for four hours now and my feet feel the best they have in awhile. Plus, I have my new orthotics with them. I really think these are going to do the trick. I would highly recommend Hersey if you have trouble finding shoes that fit. It takes three months to recieve them but worth every penny in my book.

Re: Hersey Shoes

Julie on 12/14/01 at 16:25 (066983)

I was intrigued by your post and went to their website. The shoes look wonderful, and the website is very good - others may want to have a look. http://www.herseycustomshoe.com/ The explanation of how they construct the shoes is detailed and interesting and pretty confidence-inspiring.

Let us know how you get on with your Herseys after you've had them for awhile.

Re: Nancy S

Julie on 12/14/01 at 16:28 (066984)

PS Nancy, Hersey live in Farmington, Maine. Is that near you?

nancy s. on 12/15/01 at 07:44 (067023)

hi julie, farmington is several hours away from me, but i'm going to study that website and see if it might be worth the trip. i looked briefly at the site yesterday after doing a search, but couldn't stay online long enough to study it. will do, and if i go for it, i'll post. (and an email will be on its way to england v e r y soon! i'm hopelessly behind; i'm probably not the only one, this time of year... at least that's what i tell myself).
nancy

Re: Nancy S: Correction

Julie on 12/16/01 at 04:36 (067108)

Nancy, Herseys live in WILTON, Maine, not Farmington. Farmington is where their website designers live.

Ed Davis, DPM on 12/19/01 at 22:22 (067435)

Holy smokes! I had no idea that Bart Hersey was still making custom running shoes--it has been at least 15 years since I had a patient who had ordered a pair of his shoes. I definitely will check out his services and start using them again!
Ed

Julie on 12/20/01 at 02:47 (067449)

Ed, I'm really glad you said this. I've been wondering if you knew Hersey shoes and what you think of them.

The website got me so interested in them that I e-mailed Bart Hersey to tell me before I got too enthusiastic if he could supply shoes to England, and he e-mailed back that he has several good customers here.

DThomas, I wonder if Herseys are really so expensive. Once the last is made it never needs to be remade unless your feet change radically, and the shoes can be re-soled several times for a fraction of the cost of new shoes. When you consider that off-the-peg shoes need to be replaced frequently (more frequently than most of us replace them) the overall cost of Herseys - which according to the testimonials last for years with re-soling - could well be lower.

Julie on 12/14/01 at 16:25 (066983)

I was intrigued by your post and went to their website. The shoes look wonderful, and the website is very good - others may want to have a look. http://www.herseycustomshoe.com/ The explanation of how they construct the shoes is detailed and interesting and pretty confidence-inspiring.

Let us know how you get on with your Herseys after you've had them for awhile.

Julie on 12/14/01 at 16:28 (066984)

PS Nancy, Hersey live in Farmington, Maine. Is that near you?

nancy s. on 12/15/01 at 07:44 (067023)

hi julie, farmington is several hours away from me, but i'm going to study that website and see if it might be worth the trip. i looked briefly at the site yesterday after doing a search, but couldn't stay online long enough to study it. will do, and if i go for it, i'll post. (and an email will be on its way to england v e r y soon! i'm hopelessly behind; i'm probably not the only one, this time of year... at least that's what i tell myself).
nancy

Re: Nancy S: Correction

Julie on 12/16/01 at 04:36 (067108)

Nancy, Herseys live in WILTON, Maine, not Farmington. Farmington is where their website designers live.

Ed Davis, DPM on 12/19/01 at 22:22 (067435)

Holy smokes! I had no idea that Bart Hersey was still making custom running shoes--it has been at least 15 years since I had a patient who had ordered a pair of his shoes. I definitely will check out his services and start using them again!
Ed

Julie on 12/20/01 at 02:47 (067449)

Ed, I'm really glad you said this. I've been wondering if you knew Hersey shoes and what you think of them.

The website got me so interested in them that I e-mailed Bart Hersey to tell me before I got too enthusiastic if he could supply shoes to England, and he e-mailed back that he has several good customers here.

DThomas, I wonder if Herseys are really so expensive. Once the last is made it never needs to be remade unless your feet change radically, and the shoes can be re-soled several times for a fraction of the cost of new shoes. When you consider that off-the-peg shoes need to be replaced frequently (more frequently than most of us replace them) the overall cost of Herseys - which according to the testimonials last for years with re-soling - could well be lower.