Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

***An Open Letter To My PF Friends***

Posted by Necee on 12/14/01 at 11:41 (066949)

Hello Friends:

My goodness things sure have been quiet here in Heelspur Land! I hope that it's because all of you are feeling so good that your busy enjoying this holiday season.
I know that I will enjoy Christmas more this year than I have in a long time!!
I want to share something with my friends here..... As some of my PF buddies that I chat with here know, I've had some health concerns that have really been bothering me. I ended up in the ER back in Oct because of extreme pain in the lower part of my stomach. Tests revealed Diverticulosis, ovarian cysts and a UTI! When it rains it pours!!! Right.
Well, after having a Cat Scan, and many xrays I was released. Several weeks past and I still wasn't 'up to snuff' so I went back to my family Dr.
He suggested that I go see a Urologist which I did this week. I was really worried, even though the ER Dr.s said they didn't see any tumors I still wasn't 100% convinced, who wouldn't be thinking about the big 'C'. Anyway taking all of my blood reports, and x ray films with me for the Urologist to review, I felt confident knowing that if there was something to be concerned about he would find it. While there the tests that he did showed nothing abnormal so he said he would call me later about the xray films. Well that afternoon I got home to find a message on my answering machine, it was my Urologist saying he wanted to talk with me. You can imagine, I thought of the worst! When I did finally get to speak with him on the phone, I sat down said a prayer and was ready to hear the news. He said the most beautiful words in the English language, 'No tumors were found'.
So dear friends, as I celebrate Christmas with my family and friends this year, I will be especially thankful for the blessings in my life. My heart hurts for those who no longer have their loved ones, and for those who are suffering with health problems, which includes all of you here.
It is my wish and prayer that each of you have a wonderful holiday season and that we all continue to love, support, encourage and give hope to one another here.
May God Bless you all
Necee

concerned about he would find it.

Re: ***An Open Letter To My PF Friends***

Laurie R on 12/14/01 at 11:48 (066951)

Dearest necee , I can not even tell you how happy I am for you . That is the best news anyone could ever hear... I am so sorry I have been so wrapped up in my own pain and foot problems to be of support to you . I promise from this day on ,I will be the friend you desever to have... You are truly a awesome person and I am so glad you and I have become firends .... Much love to you always .... Laurie R

Carole C on 12/14/01 at 12:03 (066953)

Necee, I am so happy for you! What wonderful words to hear. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Carole C

BrianG on 12/14/01 at 13:41 (066961)

Hi Necee,

I know how you feel, it must be a hugh weight off your shoulders. I lost my dad to the big C seven years ago, in December. Christmas has never really been the same since. I'm happy for you. Good luck

BCG

Pauline on 12/14/01 at 14:40 (066967)

Necee,
You have lot's to give thanks for during this Holiday Season for you surely have been blessed. I'm so happy that your reports returned such good news. May you and yours have the best Holiday ever and a Healthy
Happy New Year. You can be sure your PF family greatly cares about you.

Necee on 12/14/01 at 16:05 (066977)

You all are so wonderful!! Thank you so much for the kind words. Laurie there is no reason for you to be sorry, you have had your own health troubles to deal with. I feel like I should be of more support to you. To Brian, Carole and Pauline I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I do understand what its like to loose someone you love at Christmas. My Dad went into the hospital on Christmas day and he died 2 days later. So for me Christmas has some very sad memories as well as many good ones. We all must accept what happens in our lives and learn to deal with it the best way we can, being involved with this website and the great friends here makes life so much easier!
Love and prayers to you all,
Necee

Julie on 12/14/01 at 16:06 (066978)

Necee, I think I know what you've been through: for me, the worst part of having breast cancer was the period of anxiety before I knew for certain. You've been through it, and I'm very happy for you that the diagnosis was negative. What a relief - and now you can enjoy your family at Christmas.

Necee on 12/14/01 at 16:15 (066981)

Thanks Julie!
And all the best to you as well.
Necee

Re: To My very good friend

Tammie on 12/14/01 at 19:13 (066994)

Necee, I cannot tell u how very happy I am for u! I have been watching for u to find out how things went and I am so happy that all is well!!!! You are the sweetest woman and the most caring person I new u just had to be ok!!!!! I am so very happy that u are ok! I was quite concerned for u also! Prayers are definetly answered! As I continue to pray each day for my friends here and all over the world I feel that there is always a angel above our heads , there to sweep us thru the horrible times in life and see that we get into tomorrow!

I am so sorry about all those who have lost a special someone whether it is at christmas time or another special day as death and sickness is always scary and a sad time! I may have mentioned before that I try to believe and actually do beleive , that life is a wonderful test that we are allowed to live and when we finish it if we are fortunate we will be called to go home! This home is nothing to be feared it is a loving home one of the best , and that only when we have finished our road or path or whatever it was we were to acomplish here we may leave and go there. U know they are never alone when they die, I have sat with many many that have left and went home and the majority has spoken words that have told us there are others there to carry them into there new home and they are always happy and warm and a smile . Unless they fight the leaving process. I am not sure this would help or not but I know how scary the unknown is but know that your loved ones know that u are sad and they know that they were loved and that they have a wish for all left behind and that would be to continue loving and trusting and they will be there for u when it is your turn to cross over and come home! Memories are the gift they leave to us to help us live on. We jsut have to remember that tho they are not here in body form they live on thru the legacys they have left to us and the memories. So grieving is good but letting go is also so that they may rest.Never forget but always remember it is not forever. Hugs to u Remember as u see the twinkling of a star or a shiny bulb on a tree or in the sky it might be the twinkle of a smile of those we love looking upon us in love!

Suzanne D on 12/14/01 at 22:29 (067007)

I'm glad, Necee, that you got a good report from your urologist! You always seem so upbeat and encouraging; I am very happy that you have good news to report to us!

I always associate your name with 'Happy Trails' as you often end your posts with that phrase, and that makes me remember fondly the old t.v. show with Roy Rogers and Dale Evans. That is the first t.v. show I remember - along with The Mickey Mouse Club - and in first grade I wanted a cowgirl outfit and hat for Christmas because of that show! (I guess I have dated myself now, haven't I?) :-)

Take care, and enjoy the holidays with your family!

Carmen H on 12/15/01 at 11:44 (067042)

Necee~

Wonderful wonderful news to hear! I know that every 'negative' diagnosis I heard for my tests made me ever the more grateful for my life.
I am so glad for you Necee.....God is watching over all of us here at Heelspurs. ;-)
Carmen

wendyn on 12/15/01 at 11:49 (067044)

Take care Necee - I'm glad to hear that things look good....how are you feeling now?

Laurie R on 12/14/01 at 11:48 (066951)

Dearest necee , I can not even tell you how happy I am for you . That is the best news anyone could ever hear... I am so sorry I have been so wrapped up in my own pain and foot problems to be of support to you . I promise from this day on ,I will be the friend you desever to have... You are truly a awesome person and I am so glad you and I have become firends .... Much love to you always .... Laurie R

Carole C on 12/14/01 at 12:03 (066953)

Necee, I am so happy for you! What wonderful words to hear. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Carole C

BrianG on 12/14/01 at 13:41 (066961)

Hi Necee,

I know how you feel, it must be a hugh weight off your shoulders. I lost my dad to the big C seven years ago, in December. Christmas has never really been the same since. I'm happy for you. Good luck

BCG

Pauline on 12/14/01 at 14:40 (066967)

Necee,
You have lot's to give thanks for during this Holiday Season for you surely have been blessed. I'm so happy that your reports returned such good news. May you and yours have the best Holiday ever and a Healthy
Happy New Year. You can be sure your PF family greatly cares about you.

Necee on 12/14/01 at 16:05 (066977)

You all are so wonderful!! Thank you so much for the kind words. Laurie there is no reason for you to be sorry, you have had your own health troubles to deal with. I feel like I should be of more support to you. To Brian, Carole and Pauline I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I do understand what its like to loose someone you love at Christmas. My Dad went into the hospital on Christmas day and he died 2 days later. So for me Christmas has some very sad memories as well as many good ones. We all must accept what happens in our lives and learn to deal with it the best way we can, being involved with this website and the great friends here makes life so much easier!
Love and prayers to you all,
Necee

Julie on 12/14/01 at 16:06 (066978)

Necee, I think I know what you've been through: for me, the worst part of having breast cancer was the period of anxiety before I knew for certain. You've been through it, and I'm very happy for you that the diagnosis was negative. What a relief - and now you can enjoy your family at Christmas.

Necee on 12/14/01 at 16:15 (066981)

Thanks Julie!
And all the best to you as well.
Necee

Re: To My very good friend

Tammie on 12/14/01 at 19:13 (066994)

Necee, I cannot tell u how very happy I am for u! I have been watching for u to find out how things went and I am so happy that all is well!!!! You are the sweetest woman and the most caring person I new u just had to be ok!!!!! I am so very happy that u are ok! I was quite concerned for u also! Prayers are definetly answered! As I continue to pray each day for my friends here and all over the world I feel that there is always a angel above our heads , there to sweep us thru the horrible times in life and see that we get into tomorrow!

I am so sorry about all those who have lost a special someone whether it is at christmas time or another special day as death and sickness is always scary and a sad time! I may have mentioned before that I try to believe and actually do beleive , that life is a wonderful test that we are allowed to live and when we finish it if we are fortunate we will be called to go home! This home is nothing to be feared it is a loving home one of the best , and that only when we have finished our road or path or whatever it was we were to acomplish here we may leave and go there. U know they are never alone when they die, I have sat with many many that have left and went home and the majority has spoken words that have told us there are others there to carry them into there new home and they are always happy and warm and a smile . Unless they fight the leaving process. I am not sure this would help or not but I know how scary the unknown is but know that your loved ones know that u are sad and they know that they were loved and that they have a wish for all left behind and that would be to continue loving and trusting and they will be there for u when it is your turn to cross over and come home! Memories are the gift they leave to us to help us live on. We jsut have to remember that tho they are not here in body form they live on thru the legacys they have left to us and the memories. So grieving is good but letting go is also so that they may rest.Never forget but always remember it is not forever. Hugs to u Remember as u see the twinkling of a star or a shiny bulb on a tree or in the sky it might be the twinkle of a smile of those we love looking upon us in love!

Suzanne D on 12/14/01 at 22:29 (067007)

I'm glad, Necee, that you got a good report from your urologist! You always seem so upbeat and encouraging; I am very happy that you have good news to report to us!

I always associate your name with 'Happy Trails' as you often end your posts with that phrase, and that makes me remember fondly the old t.v. show with Roy Rogers and Dale Evans. That is the first t.v. show I remember - along with The Mickey Mouse Club - and in first grade I wanted a cowgirl outfit and hat for Christmas because of that show! (I guess I have dated myself now, haven't I?) :-)

Take care, and enjoy the holidays with your family!

Carmen H on 12/15/01 at 11:44 (067042)

Necee~

Wonderful wonderful news to hear! I know that every 'negative' diagnosis I heard for my tests made me ever the more grateful for my life.
I am so glad for you Necee.....God is watching over all of us here at Heelspurs. ;-)
Carmen

wendyn on 12/15/01 at 11:49 (067044)

Take care Necee - I'm glad to hear that things look good....how are you feeling now?