Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

tarsal tunnel syndrome

Posted by Ricc H. on 12/15/01 at 22:16 (067088)

I had a tarsal tunnel release, a planter facia was done at the same time, i in 1994, i have been in excurtianting pain since. an MRI showed that scar tissue is constricting the nerve. it seems that i have more problems now before. most of the time i just gren and bear it because nothing seems to work. i have tryed plenty of narco medicine, asprin, ibuo, and are now take naproxen after an other injection of cordisone. my life has been a true hell, i've lost six jobs . my questions are is there any other way to remove the scar tissue with out sergury? or what would happen if the tibial nerve was cut so that i would feel no more pain? i can not feel one case in which this has been done. what is the effect of cortisone?

Re: tarsal tunnel syndrome

Dr. Marlene Reid on 12/16/01 at 00:20 (067100)

Sometimes ultrasound and/or steroid injections can break up the scar tissue. Cortisone stops inflammation but does help break up the thickened tissue. There are also enzyme type injections that are used on scar tissue.

Re: tarsal tunnel syndrome

Dr. Marlene Reid on 12/16/01 at 00:20 (067100)

Sometimes ultrasound and/or steroid injections can break up the scar tissue. Cortisone stops inflammation but does help break up the thickened tissue. There are also enzyme type injections that are used on scar tissue.