Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

7 weeks post op

Posted by Anthony P on 12/17/01 at 10:48 (067187)

Hi everyone, I will be starting physical tharapy this week to get my foot
strong again . Tryed my shoe on today that lasted only a minute. I still
have swelling I can take a few steps without crutches. My achilles is still
very tight in the mornings. I have my good days and bad days.
I'm happy with the results so far with a noticable improvment.
This does not mean rush in and have the surgery always make surgery the
last thing .Never work through the pain,I did this for a year and one foot
problem turned into 3 . Good luck to all ,Anthony P

Re: 7 weeks post op

Laurie R on 12/18/01 at 10:58 (067322)

Dear Anthony , Thank you for your update.. You sound like things are going really well .. Remember it can take up to a year from your type of surgery . With your positive attitude you can't go wrong .... Your right surgery is the last resort , but surgery does help a lot of people ....They just don't post here . I with you , never work through the pain , I did the same thing for three months . My one foot problem turned into 5 ... I wish I knew then what I know now . I would of never worked on my foot ....

I hope you have a merry Christmas and a beautiful new year ... Please keep us posted .. I hope your little girl gets everything she wants from santa .... Laurie R

Re: Laurie

Anthony P on 12/18/01 at 22:56 (067377)

Hi LAURIE,Thanks ,The long recovery time is the pitts and when I'm finally better I got to get a new job, in the 5 1/2monthes thatI'M out of work they eliminated my job after 14 years.Shawn went to see santa today for the first time ,this will be a very speical Christmas .I wish you a MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A PAIN FREE NEW YEAR 2002 to you . Good Luck and as always my prayers to you with your up coming surgery . Anthony P

Laurie R on 12/19/01 at 14:17 (067409)

Hi Anthony , I am so very sorry to hear about you job ... That really sucks you lose your job while being out recovery from foot surgery . Especially being there for 14 years .... I will pray for you and your family that things will work out for you ...

That is so cool that your daughter got to see Santa for the first time , your right that is what Christmas is all about , and so very special . The most important thing right now it to enjoy your little girl ....My oldest girl is 14 and my baby is 8 . The 8 year old still believes in santa and I get so much out of watching her at Christmas time ....

Hang in there Anthony , things will get better for you .. I will keep you up dated on my surgery ... As soon as I get the approval from WC they can schedule it ....

My best to you and your family at this beuatiful time of the year.. Laurie R

Re: 7 weeks post op

Laurie R on 12/18/01 at 10:58 (067322)

Dear Anthony , Thank you for your update.. You sound like things are going really well .. Remember it can take up to a year from your type of surgery . With your positive attitude you can't go wrong .... Your right surgery is the last resort , but surgery does help a lot of people ....They just don't post here . I with you , never work through the pain , I did the same thing for three months . My one foot problem turned into 5 ... I wish I knew then what I know now . I would of never worked on my foot ....

I hope you have a merry Christmas and a beautiful new year ... Please keep us posted .. I hope your little girl gets everything she wants from santa .... Laurie R

Anthony P on 12/18/01 at 22:56 (067377)

Hi LAURIE,Thanks ,The long recovery time is the pitts and when I'm finally better I got to get a new job, in the 5 1/2monthes thatI'M out of work they eliminated my job after 14 years.Shawn went to see santa today for the first time ,this will be a very speical Christmas .I wish you a MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A PAIN FREE NEW YEAR 2002 to you . Good Luck and as always my prayers to you with your up coming surgery . Anthony P

Laurie R on 12/19/01 at 14:17 (067409)

Hi Anthony , I am so very sorry to hear about you job ... That really sucks you lose your job while being out recovery from foot surgery . Especially being there for 14 years .... I will pray for you and your family that things will work out for you ...

That is so cool that your daughter got to see Santa for the first time , your right that is what Christmas is all about , and so very special . The most important thing right now it to enjoy your little girl ....My oldest girl is 14 and my baby is 8 . The 8 year old still believes in santa and I get so much out of watching her at Christmas time ....

Hang in there Anthony , things will get better for you .. I will keep you up dated on my surgery ... As soon as I get the approval from WC they can schedule it ....

My best to you and your family at this beuatiful time of the year.. Laurie R