Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

almost two months post surgery

Posted by Sue D on 12/17/01 at 17:40 (067240)

Hi everyone. On the 19th I will be two months post surgery having had a heel spur removed and partial release of the facia. My incision was only slightly over an inch with about seven stitches. The stitches stayed in for three weeks. The first week I was non weight bearing. After seeing my doctor I used crutches for a few days but was mostly weight bearing. I haven't used crutches for about six weeks now. My foot still has occassional pain but I am far better than I was before surgery. I pretty much do what I want now and am on my feet a lot but not ususally more than three hours or so without a break of sitting for a few minutes. I would say I am definitely a success story and wouldn't hesitate to have surgery if I need it for the other foot. Hope this helps those of you who are facing surgery. Best of luck to everyone...Sue

Re: almost two months post surgery

Tammie on 12/20/01 at 20:55 (067533)

Sue, wonderful so good to hear!I hope you have continued sucess on your healing! It is very encouraging to hear about a sucess as so often we hear the failure stories! And it is nice to hear someone is getting better!!! So may your new year be with pain free feet! Thanks again for posting, and hope that u return to keep us updated!

Re: almost two months post surgery

Tammie on 12/20/01 at 20:55 (067533)

Sue, wonderful so good to hear!I hope you have continued sucess on your healing! It is very encouraging to hear about a sucess as so often we hear the failure stories! And it is nice to hear someone is getting better!!! So may your new year be with pain free feet! Thanks again for posting, and hope that u return to keep us updated!