Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

sankta lucia!!

Posted by clara on 12/18/01 at 12:53 (067330)

Hi gang!

Like this looks the lucia-procession like:
http://www.kvarnhjulet.se/foto.html

Isn´t the children just wonderful!!!!!!!!!!

This is what the boys with the star and the cone on their head sings.

http://ingeb.org/songs/staffanv.html

I found this site on the webb, and I was so happy, because, it´s in english too, for you folks. Isn´´t it just beautiful.

'Ha det så bra' ( have a nice time in Swedish) from
//Clara

Re: sankta lucia!!

Suzanne D on 12/18/01 at 14:56 (067334)

The pictures and the music are both beautiful!!! Thank you so much, Clara! That was so sweet of you to send them. I really enjoyed looking at the pictures and also listening to the music. I will certainly save these sites and share them with my children!

A Happy Holiday to you, Clara!!!

Suzanne :-)

Carole C on 12/18/01 at 17:30 (067348)

Oh! The children are so adorable, Clara. They look like little angels! And it seemed like they are all blonde, just like I have always imagined Swedish children would be.

I would be afraid with all of those lit candles near the little girls' beautiful blonde hair. Mothers in Sweden probably watch very carefully to make sure that the candles do not set their children's hair on fire.

Carole C

Clara on 12/19/01 at 03:54 (067386)

Hi there folks!

Nice that you liked the pictures and the song. And don´t be worried Carole C., on the children´s head and in their hands they have a 'false candle' whith batteries!! On the grown ups (17-18 years old) there are, however, real candles! People living i Orebro have been voting on seven lucia-canditates. And the real Lucia, she was in the matter of fact, not blonde, she had black hair, and lived in Italy. This year we have a lucia with light hair. Sometimes we have lucia´s with dark hair, too, I think that´s pretty, because I, myself, when I was a little girl, had loooong dark hair. Now, then I was very pretty, and proud (for about 8 years old) Orebro´s lucia and the rest of the candidates have been out singing at the old people's homes for example. It´s a good tradition here in Sweden! I am, in the matter of fact, (inspite of the Luther La), I´m proud of my country right now..!(Yioouh, I hope no Swedish people read this...!)

;)

//Clara

Carole C on 12/19/01 at 12:05 (067404)

Oh that is wonderful about the batteries! The 'false candles' looked so real that they fooled me. OK, I won't worry about those angelic children's safety. (smile)

I am not so worried about the grown-ups. They know how to be careful.

What a beautiful tradition!

Carole C

Barbara TX on 12/19/01 at 16:11 (067414)

carole - Many of my friends here who have Scandanavian roots celebrate this tradition, and they have wreaths that run on batteries! No wax in the hair then. B.

Suzanne D on 12/18/01 at 14:56 (067334)

The pictures and the music are both beautiful!!! Thank you so much, Clara! That was so sweet of you to send them. I really enjoyed looking at the pictures and also listening to the music. I will certainly save these sites and share them with my children!

A Happy Holiday to you, Clara!!!

Suzanne :-)

Carole C on 12/18/01 at 17:30 (067348)

Oh! The children are so adorable, Clara. They look like little angels! And it seemed like they are all blonde, just like I have always imagined Swedish children would be.

I would be afraid with all of those lit candles near the little girls' beautiful blonde hair. Mothers in Sweden probably watch very carefully to make sure that the candles do not set their children's hair on fire.

Carole C

Clara on 12/19/01 at 03:54 (067386)

Hi there folks!

Nice that you liked the pictures and the song. And don´t be worried Carole C., on the children´s head and in their hands they have a 'false candle' whith batteries!! On the grown ups (17-18 years old) there are, however, real candles! People living i Orebro have been voting on seven lucia-canditates. And the real Lucia, she was in the matter of fact, not blonde, she had black hair, and lived in Italy. This year we have a lucia with light hair. Sometimes we have lucia´s with dark hair, too, I think that´s pretty, because I, myself, when I was a little girl, had loooong dark hair. Now, then I was very pretty, and proud (for about 8 years old) Orebro´s lucia and the rest of the candidates have been out singing at the old people's homes for example. It´s a good tradition here in Sweden! I am, in the matter of fact, (inspite of the Luther La), I´m proud of my country right now..!(Yioouh, I hope no Swedish people read this...!)

;)

//Clara

Carole C on 12/19/01 at 12:05 (067404)

Oh that is wonderful about the batteries! The 'false candles' looked so real that they fooled me. OK, I won't worry about those angelic children's safety. (smile)

I am not so worried about the grown-ups. They know how to be careful.

What a beautiful tradition!

Carole C

Barbara TX on 12/19/01 at 16:11 (067414)

carole - Many of my friends here who have Scandanavian roots celebrate this tradition, and they have wreaths that run on batteries! No wax in the hair then. B.