Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

~~Merry Christmas Carole C.~~

Posted by Necee on 12/19/01 at 11:05 (067396)

Hi Carole,

I was reading over some of your previous posts. I'm so sorry that your family lives so far away, and that you don't have them near you this time of year. Being close to the ones you love makes the holidays so much easier. My Daddy went into the hosp on Christmas day and died 2 days later, so for me this time of year always reminds me of that sad time in my life.
I hope that your holiday plans turn out to be very happy and memorable ones for you this year. I have found that if I direct my thoughts towards others and think about how I can be a blessing in someone elses life and then act upon those thoughts, it really lifts my spirits. The first Christmas after my Mom died and by the way we were very close, she was my best friend, she suffered years with Rhumatoid Arthritis. I was feeling really sad because I missed her so much and the longer I thought about her the more the tears flowed. Well, one day I pulled myself up by the bootstraps, I knew in my heart that she wouldn't want me feeling so sad. I went to our local outreach center and got the names and addresses of families that were in need. I went on a shopping spree, and took food and gifts to these families. Well you can just imagine the looks on their faces when I delivered these gifts. I can honestly tell you that was one of my best Christmases ever. It is better to give than to receive!
So Carole, I'll be thinking about you and hoping that this season brings you great joy.
Happy Trails....
Love Necee

Re: ~~Merry Christmas Carole C.~~

Carole C on 12/19/01 at 12:16 (067405)

Thank you, Necee.

Since the time that I made all those posts, I found out that a friend is in great distress because his ex-wife died last Friday. He is Frank, who I dated before he moved out of state in 1999 (and we have stayed in touch online since then). Anyway, Frank is back in town for the funeral and needs a friend so I am glad if I can help him and be someone he can talk to. The funeral is today and I know he will be hurting. How could he not hurt, since they were married a long time and he is a caring person who didn't really want to divorce. Also he probably is not thrilled with having to deal with his ex-inlaws and other family members at a time when he is mourning her death. We plan to get together later on in the week so he can cry on my shoulder.

Sometimes a person can think that everything possible has gone wrong, and then they see someone else who is having an even rougher time in life. Poor Frank. What an awful Christmas for him.

Carole C

Re: ~~Merry Christmas Carole C.~~

Carole C on 12/19/01 at 12:16 (067405)

Thank you, Necee.

Since the time that I made all those posts, I found out that a friend is in great distress because his ex-wife died last Friday. He is Frank, who I dated before he moved out of state in 1999 (and we have stayed in touch online since then). Anyway, Frank is back in town for the funeral and needs a friend so I am glad if I can help him and be someone he can talk to. The funeral is today and I know he will be hurting. How could he not hurt, since they were married a long time and he is a caring person who didn't really want to divorce. Also he probably is not thrilled with having to deal with his ex-inlaws and other family members at a time when he is mourning her death. We plan to get together later on in the week so he can cry on my shoulder.

Sometimes a person can think that everything possible has gone wrong, and then they see someone else who is having an even rougher time in life. Poor Frank. What an awful Christmas for him.

Carole C