Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Dr. Reid

Posted by Carmen H on 12/19/01 at 13:41 (067408)

Hello...I was following your post about the 2' heel information and I would like to read what you wrote about the high heel shoe.
I found that putting on a shoe with a heel made my pain go down to a 2. I rotate my shoes now between New Balance and Walking Co dress shoes (for appt.'s). Until I tried those Walking Co heels I was hurting and tingling every day in both feet. I started wearing those and the tingling went away in my ankles and eventually in my feet and the pain is minimal.
Why is that? I suffered for 6 mon. with burning nad aching and tingling and all of a sudden I'm better.
I thought it was TTS and the tingling went away and the NCV test was negative so that's ruled out.
Any help you can give would be great. thank you.

Re: Dr. Reid

Dr. Reid on 12/19/01 at 18:03 (067421)

First of all, a negative NCV/EMG does NOT rule out TTS. It is possible that those shoes take the pressure off the nerve better then others. If it feels good.......Give me your fax and I'll send you the press release when I find it.

Carmen H on 12/20/01 at 07:22 (067452)

Also the pain is completely gone as far as the TTS symptoms are concerned. I had EMG, Somatosensory tests and NCV tests too which is why they ruled out TTS I think. I am just glad the pain level is decreased so much.
My fax is 770-222-9502
Thank you!!!!!!

Dr. Marlene Reid on 12/24/01 at 00:19 (067719)

It wasn't where I thought it was, so it may take me a while, but I have your fax #

Dr. Reid on 12/19/01 at 18:03 (067421)

First of all, a negative NCV/EMG does NOT rule out TTS. It is possible that those shoes take the pressure off the nerve better then others. If it feels good.......Give me your fax and I'll send you the press release when I find it.

Carmen H on 12/20/01 at 07:22 (067452)

Also the pain is completely gone as far as the TTS symptoms are concerned. I had EMG, Somatosensory tests and NCV tests too which is why they ruled out TTS I think. I am just glad the pain level is decreased so much.
My fax is 770-222-9502
Thank you!!!!!!

Dr. Marlene Reid on 12/24/01 at 00:19 (067719)

It wasn't where I thought it was, so it may take me a while, but I have your fax #