Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

evotron vs ossotron vs donier epos vs epos ultra

Posted by John B on 12/19/01 at 23:25 (067442)

I would like comments regarding clinical impressions of the above ESWT machines. As well as :
Which is the least painful during treatment sessions.
Which is the most successful
Which has the least complications for the patient during and post treatment
Any contraindications for treatment
Which is the easiest to apply in a private clinic setting

any other info would be appreciated
Thanks
j

Re: evotron vs ossotron vs donier epos vs epos ultra

Dr. Marlene Reid on 12/21/01 at 00:11 (067552)

If we could answer that, not only would half of this forum disappear, but we'd win the million dollar question. As you read these posts, you will see as many opinions as there are posters here. The important thing is that ESWT DOES work for the majority of people it is used on. It should be used ONLY AS A LAST RESORT AFTER ALL CONSERVATIVE TREATMENTS HAVE FAILED AND INSTEAD OF SURGERY. There is really no reason to have surgery for heel spurs/PF anymore!!!!

Personally, I use the OssaTron, which is the only FDA approved/available machine in the US, although I think that is about to change. It does require anesthesia and/or sedation.

I use the OssaTron in my office operating room.

Re: evotron vs ossotron vs donier epos vs epos ultra

Dr. Marlene Reid on 12/21/01 at 00:11 (067552)

If we could answer that, not only would half of this forum disappear, but we'd win the million dollar question. As you read these posts, you will see as many opinions as there are posters here. The important thing is that ESWT DOES work for the majority of people it is used on. It should be used ONLY AS A LAST RESORT AFTER ALL CONSERVATIVE TREATMENTS HAVE FAILED AND INSTEAD OF SURGERY. There is really no reason to have surgery for heel spurs/PF anymore!!!!

Personally, I use the OssaTron, which is the only FDA approved/available machine in the US, although I think that is about to change. It does require anesthesia and/or sedation.

I use the OssaTron in my office operating room.