Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

~~Nancy S. Lets talk Antiques!

Posted by Necee on 12/20/01 at 00:58 (067446)

Hi Nancy,
Well tell me, how have things been going up there? Are you still renovating? Our antique auction is closed until Jan 3rd. and I sure have been enjoying the time off. I said I was going to do nothing but rest my feet......NOT!!! Kinda hard to do this time of year!
Do you have any green Jadite plates and also I'm looking for blue salt-glazed crocks. The hot item here seems to be anything thats Shabby Chic, and also old enamelware.
Lets talk antiques sometime....
Happy Trails...
Necee

Re: I collect antique toys and guitars

Anthony P on 12/20/01 at 15:21 (067491)

Hot wheels cars from the 60's and 70's are very collectable.

Necee on 12/20/01 at 17:50 (067508)

Hi Anthony,
Do you know anything about the old metal Texaco Tanker Trucks? I found one in the trash! I do know that they are collectible.
Happy Trails
Necee

Anthony P on 12/20/01 at 21:47 (067542)

Hi Necee, Your right fuel truck toys are very collectible.If its a hard to
find in good condition it can be worth alot .
There are many books on the market that can estimae the value.
Anthony P :)

Re: ~~Nancy S. Lets talk Antiques!

nancy s. on 12/21/01 at 10:27 (067568)

hi necee (and anthony) -- yes, still renovating up here. i think by after new year's my husband will be done with all the prepping and caulking and painting in the shop, and i'll begin to unpack stuff, clean it, price it, and set up my displays. (i'm a casual displayer, but people who like my kind of stuff seem to like that sort of display too. what luck!)

i feel a bit like i'm starting over, since foot problems kept me away from full-time antiquing for about two years. i still have a lot of stuff, though -- mostly some pottery, old tins, old farm stuff, a few tables, a few chairs, some big cupboards, books, and too much else to name. i do have lots of old enamelware, necee -- i love the stuff and end up keeping and using a lot of myself, but there's plenty around here so i find it to sell too. i have no jadite (hard to find around here), and i have no great crocks at the moment. i bid hard to get one about a month ago, but it went too high for my budget.

i have a huge eclectic mix of stuff. i myself collect old tins -- i must have 60 or so! i love them. i think they're beautiful, and they can still be used for so many things. i'm hiding a lot of office supplies in them right now. i've also instructed my husband that he is to keep his coffee in the old tin fire bucket i put it in 'and I mean it!' so far he's cooperating. i also keep some pottery bowls and vases that i fell in love with -- can't find that box yet, and i'm getting worried! also love old signs, and do keep some i find but also sell a lot of them.

a lot of my stuff could be called 'shabby chic,' i guess. i've seen beauty in many shabby things for most of my life -- it was kind of a surprise to me when it suddenly started to be chic. do you like it? i've always liked the 'before' picture of houses, people, things, anything, better than the 'after' picture. can't help it. i used to feel crazy because of this, but no longer.

i don't know much about antique toys and i don't often buy any, but i appreciate them when i see them.

enjoy your time off -- but necee, how much fun can it be, staying away from antiques until january 3???
happy holidays,
nancy

Anthony P on 12/20/01 at 15:21 (067491)

Hot wheels cars from the 60's and 70's are very collectable.

Necee on 12/20/01 at 17:50 (067508)

Hi Anthony,
Do you know anything about the old metal Texaco Tanker Trucks? I found one in the trash! I do know that they are collectible.
Happy Trails
Necee

Anthony P on 12/20/01 at 21:47 (067542)

Hi Necee, Your right fuel truck toys are very collectible.If its a hard to
find in good condition it can be worth alot .
There are many books on the market that can estimae the value.
Anthony P :)

Re: ~~Nancy S. Lets talk Antiques!

nancy s. on 12/21/01 at 10:27 (067568)

hi necee (and anthony) -- yes, still renovating up here. i think by after new year's my husband will be done with all the prepping and caulking and painting in the shop, and i'll begin to unpack stuff, clean it, price it, and set up my displays. (i'm a casual displayer, but people who like my kind of stuff seem to like that sort of display too. what luck!)

i feel a bit like i'm starting over, since foot problems kept me away from full-time antiquing for about two years. i still have a lot of stuff, though -- mostly some pottery, old tins, old farm stuff, a few tables, a few chairs, some big cupboards, books, and too much else to name. i do have lots of old enamelware, necee -- i love the stuff and end up keeping and using a lot of myself, but there's plenty around here so i find it to sell too. i have no jadite (hard to find around here), and i have no great crocks at the moment. i bid hard to get one about a month ago, but it went too high for my budget.

i have a huge eclectic mix of stuff. i myself collect old tins -- i must have 60 or so! i love them. i think they're beautiful, and they can still be used for so many things. i'm hiding a lot of office supplies in them right now. i've also instructed my husband that he is to keep his coffee in the old tin fire bucket i put it in 'and I mean it!' so far he's cooperating. i also keep some pottery bowls and vases that i fell in love with -- can't find that box yet, and i'm getting worried! also love old signs, and do keep some i find but also sell a lot of them.

a lot of my stuff could be called 'shabby chic,' i guess. i've seen beauty in many shabby things for most of my life -- it was kind of a surprise to me when it suddenly started to be chic. do you like it? i've always liked the 'before' picture of houses, people, things, anything, better than the 'after' picture. can't help it. i used to feel crazy because of this, but no longer.

i don't know much about antique toys and i don't often buy any, but i appreciate them when i see them.

enjoy your time off -- but necee, how much fun can it be, staying away from antiques until january 3???
happy holidays,
nancy