Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

To All.....

Posted by Carmen H on 12/20/01 at 07:37 (067455)

I am leaving in two days to go to NC for the holidays and wanted to make sure I wished everyone a happy holiday before I get too busy to post. This has been a crazy year for me....I moved twice, my entire family moved away, I got married, I got this dreadful pain in my feet, went through many many tests etc. It has been a great challenge in my life. It continues to be so but I am so much better than I was.
I have to say that although this was a painful experience I am grateful for it every day. It has taught me so much.
1. That I needed to SLOW down in life and get my priorities straight again.
2. That NOTHING is more important than Love for each other and taking care of the body given to us so we can do our part in society.
3. That there is HOPE in every situation.
4. That there is kindness in the hearts of strangers.
5. That God is right there beside me watching over me...especially in the worst of times.
6. That there is ALWAYS someone who needs sympathy and love.
7. That there is a lesson in every day if we just open our eyes.
8. Trust the process of life...because it's out of our hands.
Last but not least.....it is so important to be kind and live the most honest life we can. This gives me comfort in my own skin.....just that I do the right thing.

Everyone here has been so helpful to me since this happened....Julie was the first person to calm me down and give me direction and she continues to do so today....Glenn shared his experience with stretching and it has helped me tremendously.....Necee, Laurie, Elliott,Dr. Ed, Dr. Z. Ellen, Scott R., Anthony, Nancy...and on and on and on!!! I can't name everyone or I will be here all day and you are probably tired of reading this already! :-) I hope I am able to return the help to someone who needs it some day.
But seriously....I wish nothing but a happy happy holiday for all of my dear friends here on Heelspurs...I wish and pray for all to have a pain free day VERY soon....and thank you for your friendship.
Much love and peace to all

Carmen H

Re: To All.....

Julie on 12/20/01 at 08:59 (067460)

Such a wonderful post, Carmen! Thank you.

Your Number 5 made me remember something. Some of you might know it.

A man was dreaming of his past life. He saw his life as a series of footprints in the sand. Most of the time there were two sets of footprints: his own, and those of God, walking beside him. But occasionally, co-inciding with the most difficult times in his life, there was only one set of footprints. This puzzled him, so he prayed, and asked God, 'Why did you leave me at the most difficult times of my life?'

And God answered, 'My dear son, it was then that I carried you'.

I've always liked this.

Carmen H on 12/20/01 at 10:07 (067467)

That one is everywhere you look in the US...on plaques, bookmarkers, screensaveres, coffee mugs...everywhere. It's wonderful and I lvoe it too. It's a GREAT reminder.
Have you ever heard of Max Lucado Julie?

Julie on 12/20/01 at 10:32 (067470)

No, Carmen. Tell me.

Re: To All.....RE Carmen and Julie

Laurie R on 12/20/01 at 10:42 (067475)

Dear Carmen and Julie , Hello ladies , Frist off to you sweet Carmen , You said you hope to return the help someday to someone who needs it .... YOU HAVE TO ME AND MANY OTHERS EVERYDAY ..... You are so compassionate and careing . You keep me positive and we can get through anything that was handed to us to deal with ... Thank you for your beautiful post ... You are truly an AWESOME person and I am very greatful I have met you . Just think if it was not for our feet and pain we would of never met... Their is good in everything ,it just depends on how you look at it ....I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and enjoy your family .......Much love and friendship to you Carmen ......

Dear Julie , I have read the footprint poem many times . It is one of my favorites .... It is so true , one is never alone God is always by your side . He is there for the asking ... He has never let me down .. I will always keep the faith no one can take that from me ... I hope you have a beautiful Christmas Julie ..

You have brought so much here to the board ... You also have helped me so much .. I feel very blessed to have you as my friend ....

Much love to you and friendship.... Laurie R

Suzanne D on 12/20/01 at 11:04 (067476)

Dear Carmen,
What a beautiful post, and I return your good wishes for the holiday and also the coming year! You are a very warm-hearted, sensitive, and intelligent young woman with a 100 - watt smile! You show your caring spirit as you take the time to research and share your knowledge and concern for others.
I sincerely hope that the new year will bring good health and happiness to you! May God be with you in your travels, and we will look forward to hearing from you again when you are not so busy! :-)

Suzanne D

Re: How nice!

Sherrie M. on 12/20/01 at 12:33 (067483)

Carmen, You are as beautiful on the inside as you are on the outside! Sherrie

Re: I'm going to do better than that...

Carmen H on 12/20/01 at 12:47 (067484)

Julie I can't explain how he touches my heart but I swear the first time I read his work I had to pass it on. So I am going to do the same for you...expect a little 'gift' (used but in good condition) for your heart. As my wedding photographer called my wedding pictures 'EYE candy' this is 'HEART and SOUL candy'. Enjoy it..I hope it gets to you in good speedy time.
This is one of the best books I have ever read. It's called 'Traveling Light'...funny and touching, REAL and fulfilling....comforting and heartwrenching. It's just wonderful.

nancy s. on 12/20/01 at 13:58 (067487)

carmen, 'tired of reading this'? not on your life. what an inspiring post you made, and i thank you. have a wonderful holiday!
nancy

Anthony P on 12/20/01 at 15:15 (067490)

Carmen, Thank You ,I thought what you wrote in your post is very sweet and you are very helpful, I can see you put alot of time in to this board .
I'm glad to read that your feeling better.
Laurie,Julie When I first read Carmens post the foot prints poem came to
mind ,That is a good poem Its true, Things can only get better with time,
a positive aditude, faith,and the wonderful people on this board.
To Carmen,Laurie,Julie Everyone HAVE A MERRY CHRISMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!
:) Anthony P

Suzanne D on 12/20/01 at 16:09 (067495)

I have loved that poem for many years; it means a lot to me. And it is even more special now since I am dealing with these FOOT problems! Thank you, Julie, for bringing it to my mind again! As others have said, a great blessing I have found in the midst of dealing with PF is the friendship and support found on this board! :-)

I appreciate ALL of you! You have not only helped me but made my life richer. THANK YOU!

Julie on 12/20/01 at 16:10 (067496)

Carmen, thank you! I'm looking forward to my Christmas present. I'm sure it will touch my heart too.

Love to you, Julie

Re: Suzanne

Julie on 12/20/01 at 16:18 (067500)

Thanks, Suzanne. Come to think of it, it's especially relevant to us foot people. I wasn't thinking of that when I posted it, but it is, isn't it?

Yes, the help on this board is truly wonderful and sustaining. And the way I think of it, we're all 'cells in the body of God' and the help we give one another really comes straight from the source of all help and healing.

Suzanne D on 12/20/01 at 16:27 (067502)

Well said, Julie! I think often of the scripture which says that God comforts us in all our troubles so that we may comfort others with that same comfort.

You are a great blessing to many, many people, Julie. Thank you!

Necee on 12/20/01 at 17:47 (067507)

Merry Christmas Carmen!!!
I hope that you have a safe trip back home. I pray that the New Year brings you and yours much happiness.
Love and prayers dear friend and Happy Trails to you...till we meet again.....
Love, Necee

Tammie on 12/20/01 at 21:12 (067537)

Carmen, Merry Christmas, and have a safe and happy holiday season! You are a fighter for sure !I have a lot of faith in you that if any one has the spunk that u have, they will have a great chance of finding the cure of healing their feet! You are a sweet and gentle soul, looking and searching and helping and sharing ! With all the ups and downs you have you continue to keep right in there searching! I admire the way you never seem to give up even when the news was frightening, and maybe not what u wanted to hear! Yes Carmen I see you as a survivor! Have a safe trip and enjoy the holiday season with those that u love and remember always , tomorrow is a new gift (in that it is a new day),so a new day for new thoughts and new answers, and maybe the answer that u are looking for! May God be with you in your search and always.

Julie on 12/20/01 at 08:59 (067460)

Such a wonderful post, Carmen! Thank you.

Your Number 5 made me remember something. Some of you might know it.

A man was dreaming of his past life. He saw his life as a series of footprints in the sand. Most of the time there were two sets of footprints: his own, and those of God, walking beside him. But occasionally, co-inciding with the most difficult times in his life, there was only one set of footprints. This puzzled him, so he prayed, and asked God, 'Why did you leave me at the most difficult times of my life?'

And God answered, 'My dear son, it was then that I carried you'.

I've always liked this.

Carmen H on 12/20/01 at 10:07 (067467)

That one is everywhere you look in the US...on plaques, bookmarkers, screensaveres, coffee mugs...everywhere. It's wonderful and I lvoe it too. It's a GREAT reminder.
Have you ever heard of Max Lucado Julie?

Julie on 12/20/01 at 10:32 (067470)

No, Carmen. Tell me.

Re: To All.....RE Carmen and Julie

Laurie R on 12/20/01 at 10:42 (067475)

Dear Carmen and Julie , Hello ladies , Frist off to you sweet Carmen , You said you hope to return the help someday to someone who needs it .... YOU HAVE TO ME AND MANY OTHERS EVERYDAY ..... You are so compassionate and careing . You keep me positive and we can get through anything that was handed to us to deal with ... Thank you for your beautiful post ... You are truly an AWESOME person and I am very greatful I have met you . Just think if it was not for our feet and pain we would of never met... Their is good in everything ,it just depends on how you look at it ....I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and enjoy your family .......Much love and friendship to you Carmen ......

Dear Julie , I have read the footprint poem many times . It is one of my favorites .... It is so true , one is never alone God is always by your side . He is there for the asking ... He has never let me down .. I will always keep the faith no one can take that from me ... I hope you have a beautiful Christmas Julie ..

You have brought so much here to the board ... You also have helped me so much .. I feel very blessed to have you as my friend ....

Much love to you and friendship.... Laurie R

Suzanne D on 12/20/01 at 11:04 (067476)

Dear Carmen,
What a beautiful post, and I return your good wishes for the holiday and also the coming year! You are a very warm-hearted, sensitive, and intelligent young woman with a 100 - watt smile! You show your caring spirit as you take the time to research and share your knowledge and concern for others.
I sincerely hope that the new year will bring good health and happiness to you! May God be with you in your travels, and we will look forward to hearing from you again when you are not so busy! :-)

Suzanne D

Re: How nice!

Sherrie M. on 12/20/01 at 12:33 (067483)

Carmen, You are as beautiful on the inside as you are on the outside! Sherrie

Carmen H on 12/20/01 at 12:47 (067484)

Julie I can't explain how he touches my heart but I swear the first time I read his work I had to pass it on. So I am going to do the same for you...expect a little 'gift' (used but in good condition) for your heart. As my wedding photographer called my wedding pictures 'EYE candy' this is 'HEART and SOUL candy'. Enjoy it..I hope it gets to you in good speedy time.
This is one of the best books I have ever read. It's called 'Traveling Light'...funny and touching, REAL and fulfilling....comforting and heartwrenching. It's just wonderful.

nancy s. on 12/20/01 at 13:58 (067487)

carmen, 'tired of reading this'? not on your life. what an inspiring post you made, and i thank you. have a wonderful holiday!
nancy

Anthony P on 12/20/01 at 15:15 (067490)

Carmen, Thank You ,I thought what you wrote in your post is very sweet and you are very helpful, I can see you put alot of time in to this board .
I'm glad to read that your feeling better.
Laurie,Julie When I first read Carmens post the foot prints poem came to
mind ,That is a good poem Its true, Things can only get better with time,
a positive aditude, faith,and the wonderful people on this board.
To Carmen,Laurie,Julie Everyone HAVE A MERRY CHRISMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!
:) Anthony P

Suzanne D on 12/20/01 at 16:09 (067495)

I have loved that poem for many years; it means a lot to me. And it is even more special now since I am dealing with these FOOT problems! Thank you, Julie, for bringing it to my mind again! As others have said, a great blessing I have found in the midst of dealing with PF is the friendship and support found on this board! :-)

I appreciate ALL of you! You have not only helped me but made my life richer. THANK YOU!

Julie on 12/20/01 at 16:10 (067496)

Carmen, thank you! I'm looking forward to my Christmas present. I'm sure it will touch my heart too.

Love to you, Julie

Julie on 12/20/01 at 16:18 (067500)

Thanks, Suzanne. Come to think of it, it's especially relevant to us foot people. I wasn't thinking of that when I posted it, but it is, isn't it?

Yes, the help on this board is truly wonderful and sustaining. And the way I think of it, we're all 'cells in the body of God' and the help we give one another really comes straight from the source of all help and healing.

Suzanne D on 12/20/01 at 16:27 (067502)

Well said, Julie! I think often of the scripture which says that God comforts us in all our troubles so that we may comfort others with that same comfort.

You are a great blessing to many, many people, Julie. Thank you!

Necee on 12/20/01 at 17:47 (067507)

Merry Christmas Carmen!!!
I hope that you have a safe trip back home. I pray that the New Year brings you and yours much happiness.
Love and prayers dear friend and Happy Trails to you...till we meet again.....
Love, Necee

Tammie on 12/20/01 at 21:12 (067537)

Carmen, Merry Christmas, and have a safe and happy holiday season! You are a fighter for sure !I have a lot of faith in you that if any one has the spunk that u have, they will have a great chance of finding the cure of healing their feet! You are a sweet and gentle soul, looking and searching and helping and sharing ! With all the ups and downs you have you continue to keep right in there searching! I admire the way you never seem to give up even when the news was frightening, and maybe not what u wanted to hear! Yes Carmen I see you as a survivor! Have a safe trip and enjoy the holiday season with those that u love and remember always , tomorrow is a new gift (in that it is a new day),so a new day for new thoughts and new answers, and maybe the answer that u are looking for! May God be with you in your search and always.