Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

the start of another...needs some help though!!

Posted by Carmen on 12/21/01 at 13:47 (067578)

On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me a Podiatrist who could heal me.
On the second day of Christmas my true love gave to me 2 heel pads and a podiatrist who could heal me.
On the third day of Christmas my true love gave to me three pairs of Birks, 2 heel pads and a podiatrist who could heal me.
On the fourth day of Christmas my true love gave to me 4 pairs of padded socks, 3 pairs of birks, 2 heel pads and a podiatrist who could heal me.
On the fifth day of Christmas my true love gave to me 5 days free of cooking, 4 pairs of padded socks, 3 pairs of birks, 2 heel pads and a podiatrist that could heal me.
On the sixth day of Christmas my true love gave to me 6 foot rubs, 5 days free of cooking, 4 pairs of padded socks, 3 pairs of birks, 2 heel pads and a podiatrist who could heal me.
On the seventh day of Christmas my true love gave to me 7 HUNDRED dollars, 6 foot rubs, 5 days free of cooking, 4 pairs of padded socks, 3 pairs of birks, 2 heel pads and a podiatrist who could heal me.
On the eighth day of Christmas my true love gave to me 8 friends from heelspurs, 7 HUNDRED dollars, 6 foot rubs, 5 days free of cooking, 4 pairs of padded socks, 3 pairs of birks, 2 heel pads and a podiatrist who could heal me.

Someone needs to finish......I gotta get moving. Time to pack and drive 10 hours!

Re: the start of another...needs some help though!!

Richard, C.Ped on 12/21/01 at 14:05 (067579)

awww...what about the cool pedorthist??? :-(
Richard (feeling left out) C.Ped

Re: cool pedorthist

Carole C on 12/21/01 at 14:40 (067584)

The cool pedorthist deserves a special song just for her or him:

We wish you a cool pedorthist,
And a pain-free New Year!!!!!

Carole C
(who has a VERY cool pedorthist!)

Suzanne D on 12/21/01 at 14:47 (067587)

That's great, Carole! And, Richard, I wish you lived in KY so that I could also visit a cool pedorthist! You don't have anyone you could recommend in Louisville, KY, do you?

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Re: cool pedorthist------- what is one anyway ?

linda A on 12/21/01 at 20:19 (067615)

hello suzanne ! i would like to know what a cool pedorthist is / and what he/she might look like ? so if i saw one walking on the streets in louisville, ky i could send him/her your way south I-65 . can they help me w/ my foot problems ? linda

Carole C on 12/21/01 at 21:35 (067623)

Yes, they can help you with your foot problems! My cool pedorthist fit me with custom orthotics that are helping my feet to heal. I even did a little light house cleaning and then went to the grocery store today for a few things and my feet didn't hurt. Wa-hoo! My cool pedorthist here in the New Orleans area has a C.Ped. which I think stands for Certified Pedorthist. She looks like a regular person but she knows all about feet and she is VERY cool!

If you see somebody like that in Louisville, make an appointment right away! Don't delay! LOL

Carole C

Re: thanks for the description of a cool pedorthist .

linda A on 12/23/01 at 08:29 (067671)

no---- i have three that were custom made . that got me thinking about dr. Z idea . i forgot to mail his check to him . very sorry dr. z ! when is the cut off date . i still have to mail something at the post office for someone else who is special . yes--- i know am late for getting anything delivered by christmas . but my friend will LOVE the gift . linda

Suzanne D on 12/23/01 at 18:34 (067700)

That was cute, Linda - seeing one walking on the streets of Louisville and sending him/her down I 65 South! Wouldn't that be nice!?!

I hope you're feeling o.k. and that you have a Merry Christmas!!! How about that WIldcat win over Indiana? My husband is a Hoosier, and he was kidded a lot at church today about that!

Re: my brother made this big U of k sign w/ christmas lights for saturdays

linda A on 12/23/01 at 20:07 (067703)

hello suzanne ! where did you pick up your husband at ( on the otherside of the river ) ? ha ha ha !!! my family is big BLUE . i went to u of l , because it was cheaper , and i only went to maybe two Uofl games my whole life not including the BIG game w/ the wildcats . my brothe ris very proud of his big blue sign w/ christmas lights . no--- it is not the Grisswalds christmas vacation house . when i was growing up we may not had money , but we always had lights outside on the house . i felt it was a sign to welcome the baby jesus into the world . since this was the first year of having my very own house , i was kind of disappointed in myself for not putting up lights outside . i had them , but was always meaning to put them up and then it got cold in KY and that was that . yesterday and today 's weather has been really nice . weather men are predicting snow showers for christmas at least that was friday's predictions . i enjoyed reading your new versions of the christmas songs . way too funny ! i don't post often , but i do enjoy reading everybody else from time to time . see if you can get megan to reply . do you remember her ( highschool gal from new jersey w/ TTS , who played soccer ) . linda

Suzanne D on 12/23/01 at 20:32 (067704)

You would have enjoyed something that happened at our church this morning, Linda! As I said, people are always teasing my husband during basketball season as he is from Indiana. Well, today when he walked up to the pulpit, someone had placed a UK Wildcat rug right behind it for him to stand on! I was playing the piano and wondered what he was getting tickled at! Then he held it up and laughed. He said that at least he could stomp on the rug, anyway!

But, never fear: I am a Kentuckian through and through - born in Virginia, but both parents from KY and lived here most of my life. Your brother's sign sounds neat!

Yes, I wonder, too, how Megan is doing! I hope the reason that she hasn't posted is that she has improved so much she doesn't need us! But we would love to hear how you are, Megan!

Richard, C.Ped on 12/24/01 at 07:56 (067735)

Maybe after I finish losing my excess 'sympathy weight' brought on by my wife's pregnancy, I will post a picture of a cool pedorthist and the family. LOL!
Richard

Re: richard----- do you look like jean claud VAN Damne ?

linda A on 12/24/01 at 08:20 (067737)

hello richard ! i was wondering what kind of work you did . thanks to carole i now know what a pedorthist is . i do think we have some in louisville , ky , who are associated w/ old kosairs hospital . if you were located in the ' yellow ' pages of a phone book , where would one look ? i looked under pedorthist , but there is only pedicurists listed . i have two hard shells and one soft shell ( i meant orthotics ) . the last two were made after the surgery for both feet . when i was still having alot of pain from the second orthotic , my podiatrist paid for the soft one . i have great respect for my pod . and don't think anymore can be done . i can tell a difference when i am not wearing my orthos . pain is greater . how much more sympathy wt do you need to loose ( a gallon of icecream ) ? ha ha !! thank you richard for posting . when are we going to read another post from your child ? linda

Richard, C.Ped on 12/24/01 at 09:09 (067738)

We are listed under the 'Orthopedic appliances', 'Orthopedic Shoes' and 'shoes' sections of the yellow pages. Use the link on my web site to find a c.ped in your area.

http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/SupportSt/metatarsalgia/

I have another 20 lbs to go. I gained 40. Ahhhhh!!! Its all her fault!! Ha ha! I lost 20 in a few weeks by eating 6 small meals and drinking about a gallon of water a day. It comes off pretty easy that way, and it is a healthy way to lose weight. I got lazy with the other 20. I need to get back on it as well as the weights again for my daughters sake. I have to be intimidating to all those guys that will be chasing her when she gets older. :-)

So are you still having pain from the current orthotics?

Jean Claud?? Not me. I'm just a geeky dork, or a dorky geek. Just ask Dr. Z. I met him in October.

I had my daughter in here last Friday, but she was sick. I had to take her to the doctor. She did not feel like posting at that time, but I know she wants to again. LOL

Richard

Richard, C.Ped on 12/24/01 at 09:11 (067739)

I feel better now! Thanx Carol! ha ha
Richard

Re: richard----- yes it was listed under orthopedic appliances in yelow pages

linda A on 12/24/01 at 21:47 (067767)

hope your baby girl is doing much better for christmas . did you buy her a big doll ? yes --- better fend off all those little boys hanging around her . i like the dorky geeks , sounds more like me . but i do love to look at jean claud , even though he probably thinks he is ' hot-stuff ' . wishing you & your family a very merry christmas . linda

John h on 12/25/01 at 10:51 (067782)

Linda: I am sure you guys were in basketball hell as the Blue Devils sank your ship the other day. I watched the game. A really great game no matter who won or lost. I do not know if the Wildcats are on the Arkansas schedule this year but I think they are so our day is coming.

Richard, C.Ped on 12/26/01 at 09:39 (067811)

I am glad you were able to find it! She was spoiled rotton by the grand parents this year. Man alive! I am still having fun playing with all her toys. Maybe i will let her play with them one day. haha

Having her made this the best Christmas I have ever had!!!

Richard

Re: the start of another...needs some help though!!

Richard, C.Ped on 12/21/01 at 14:05 (067579)

awww...what about the cool pedorthist??? :-(
Richard (feeling left out) C.Ped

Carole C on 12/21/01 at 14:40 (067584)

The cool pedorthist deserves a special song just for her or him:

And a pain-free New Year!!!!!

Carole C
(who has a VERY cool pedorthist!)

Suzanne D on 12/21/01 at 14:47 (067587)

That's great, Carole! And, Richard, I wish you lived in KY so that I could also visit a cool pedorthist! You don't have anyone you could recommend in Louisville, KY, do you?

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

linda A on 12/21/01 at 20:19 (067615)

hello suzanne ! i would like to know what a cool pedorthist is / and what he/she might look like ? so if i saw one walking on the streets in louisville, ky i could send him/her your way south I-65 . can they help me w/ my foot problems ? linda

Carole C on 12/21/01 at 21:35 (067623)

Yes, they can help you with your foot problems! My cool pedorthist fit me with custom orthotics that are helping my feet to heal. I even did a little light house cleaning and then went to the grocery store today for a few things and my feet didn't hurt. Wa-hoo! My cool pedorthist here in the New Orleans area has a C.Ped. which I think stands for Certified Pedorthist. She looks like a regular person but she knows all about feet and she is VERY cool!

If you see somebody like that in Louisville, make an appointment right away! Don't delay! LOL

Carole C

Re: thanks for the description of a cool pedorthist .

linda A on 12/23/01 at 08:29 (067671)

no---- i have three that were custom made . that got me thinking about dr. Z idea . i forgot to mail his check to him . very sorry dr. z ! when is the cut off date . i still have to mail something at the post office for someone else who is special . yes--- i know am late for getting anything delivered by christmas . but my friend will LOVE the gift . linda

Suzanne D on 12/23/01 at 18:34 (067700)

That was cute, Linda - seeing one walking on the streets of Louisville and sending him/her down I 65 South! Wouldn't that be nice!?!

I hope you're feeling o.k. and that you have a Merry Christmas!!! How about that WIldcat win over Indiana? My husband is a Hoosier, and he was kidded a lot at church today about that!

linda A on 12/23/01 at 20:07 (067703)

hello suzanne ! where did you pick up your husband at ( on the otherside of the river ) ? ha ha ha !!! my family is big BLUE . i went to u of l , because it was cheaper , and i only went to maybe two Uofl games my whole life not including the BIG game w/ the wildcats . my brothe ris very proud of his big blue sign w/ christmas lights . no--- it is not the Grisswalds christmas vacation house . when i was growing up we may not had money , but we always had lights outside on the house . i felt it was a sign to welcome the baby jesus into the world . since this was the first year of having my very own house , i was kind of disappointed in myself for not putting up lights outside . i had them , but was always meaning to put them up and then it got cold in KY and that was that . yesterday and today 's weather has been really nice . weather men are predicting snow showers for christmas at least that was friday's predictions . i enjoyed reading your new versions of the christmas songs . way too funny ! i don't post often , but i do enjoy reading everybody else from time to time . see if you can get megan to reply . do you remember her ( highschool gal from new jersey w/ TTS , who played soccer ) . linda

Suzanne D on 12/23/01 at 20:32 (067704)

You would have enjoyed something that happened at our church this morning, Linda! As I said, people are always teasing my husband during basketball season as he is from Indiana. Well, today when he walked up to the pulpit, someone had placed a UK Wildcat rug right behind it for him to stand on! I was playing the piano and wondered what he was getting tickled at! Then he held it up and laughed. He said that at least he could stomp on the rug, anyway!

But, never fear: I am a Kentuckian through and through - born in Virginia, but both parents from KY and lived here most of my life. Your brother's sign sounds neat!

Yes, I wonder, too, how Megan is doing! I hope the reason that she hasn't posted is that she has improved so much she doesn't need us! But we would love to hear how you are, Megan!

Richard, C.Ped on 12/24/01 at 07:56 (067735)

Maybe after I finish losing my excess 'sympathy weight' brought on by my wife's pregnancy, I will post a picture of a cool pedorthist and the family. LOL!
Richard

linda A on 12/24/01 at 08:20 (067737)

hello richard ! i was wondering what kind of work you did . thanks to carole i now know what a pedorthist is . i do think we have some in louisville , ky , who are associated w/ old kosairs hospital . if you were located in the ' yellow ' pages of a phone book , where would one look ? i looked under pedorthist , but there is only pedicurists listed . i have two hard shells and one soft shell ( i meant orthotics ) . the last two were made after the surgery for both feet . when i was still having alot of pain from the second orthotic , my podiatrist paid for the soft one . i have great respect for my pod . and don't think anymore can be done . i can tell a difference when i am not wearing my orthos . pain is greater . how much more sympathy wt do you need to loose ( a gallon of icecream ) ? ha ha !! thank you richard for posting . when are we going to read another post from your child ? linda

Richard, C.Ped on 12/24/01 at 09:09 (067738)

We are listed under the 'Orthopedic appliances', 'Orthopedic Shoes' and 'shoes' sections of the yellow pages. Use the link on my web site to find a c.ped in your area.

http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/SupportSt/metatarsalgia/

I have another 20 lbs to go. I gained 40. Ahhhhh!!! Its all her fault!! Ha ha! I lost 20 in a few weeks by eating 6 small meals and drinking about a gallon of water a day. It comes off pretty easy that way, and it is a healthy way to lose weight. I got lazy with the other 20. I need to get back on it as well as the weights again for my daughters sake. I have to be intimidating to all those guys that will be chasing her when she gets older. :-)

So are you still having pain from the current orthotics?

Jean Claud?? Not me. I'm just a geeky dork, or a dorky geek. Just ask Dr. Z. I met him in October.

I had my daughter in here last Friday, but she was sick. I had to take her to the doctor. She did not feel like posting at that time, but I know she wants to again. LOL

Richard

Richard, C.Ped on 12/24/01 at 09:11 (067739)

I feel better now! Thanx Carol! ha ha
Richard

linda A on 12/24/01 at 21:47 (067767)

hope your baby girl is doing much better for christmas . did you buy her a big doll ? yes --- better fend off all those little boys hanging around her . i like the dorky geeks , sounds more like me . but i do love to look at jean claud , even though he probably thinks he is ' hot-stuff ' . wishing you & your family a very merry christmas . linda

John h on 12/25/01 at 10:51 (067782)

Linda: I am sure you guys were in basketball hell as the Blue Devils sank your ship the other day. I watched the game. A really great game no matter who won or lost. I do not know if the Wildcats are on the Arkansas schedule this year but I think they are so our day is coming.

Richard, C.Ped on 12/26/01 at 09:39 (067811)

I am glad you were able to find it! She was spoiled rotton by the grand parents this year. Man alive! I am still having fun playing with all her toys. Maybe i will let her play with them one day. haha

Having her made this the best Christmas I have ever had!!!

Richard