Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Night Splints

Posted by Steve M on 12/22/01 at 11:54 (067646)

I just purchased the Maramed Night Splint. Since I have PF in both feet, what do others recommend. Should I use the night splint in one foot for a few weeks or month or should I alternate each foot every night. I thought of buying two night splints but the cost and difficulty sleeping were a concern. Any info others can give me on night splints would be appreciated. Do they help. What position should I use(last night it was in neutral and I did not feel anything) Any thing else would be a great help.

Thanks for your advice.

Re: Night Splints

Steve P on 12/24/01 at 20:09 (067764)

Steve -- I have PF in both feet but I have always had only one Night Splint. The neutral position is generally recommended, but check with your doc to be sure. I alternated feet, night to night. But another approach is to use the splint only on your worse foot & see if it helps. You can always switch to the other foot later, or start alternating later.

But be sure to check with your doc or use the 'Ask the Foot Doctors' board here to get an expert recommendation.

Best.............Steve P

Re: Night Splints

Steve P on 12/24/01 at 20:09 (067764)

Steve -- I have PF in both feet but I have always had only one Night Splint. The neutral position is generally recommended, but check with your doc to be sure. I alternated feet, night to night. But another approach is to use the splint only on your worse foot & see if it helps. You can always switch to the other foot later, or start alternating later.

But be sure to check with your doc or use the 'Ask the Foot Doctors' board here to get an expert recommendation.

Best.............Steve P