Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

plantar faciitis

Posted by John S. on 12/23/01 at 10:27 (067677)

I've had heel pain since last July's 100mile backpack trip. I wiegh 175#, 5'10,and i'm normally very active-outdoor type. Aboout Oct30 I had cortisone shot. Pain returned about Dec 10. Now I'm doing icing and stretching as often as I can,and I've ordered the N'ICE SPLINT.Is there anything else I can do? This is getting reaaly old.How about that acid I read about or running?

Re: plantar faciitis

Dr. Zuckeman on 12/23/01 at 11:19 (067680)

What did the x-ray show? Taping at this point is very good. Why did the pain come back . Did you start any increase in activiyt such as running. Additional steriod injection may resolve the problem with rest and taping and or orthosis. ESWT is an an excellent treatment option is nothing else helps. At this point until further evaluation tape tape tape, no bare feet

Re: plantar faciitis

Dr. Zuckeman on 12/23/01 at 11:19 (067680)

What did the x-ray show? Taping at this point is very good. Why did the pain come back . Did you start any increase in activiyt such as running. Additional steriod injection may resolve the problem with rest and taping and or orthosis. ESWT is an an excellent treatment option is nothing else helps. At this point until further evaluation tape tape tape, no bare feet