Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

All's well, definitely!

Posted by Carole C on 12/24/01 at 19:53 (067763)

Early in the weekend I managed to REALLY mess up my computer. All I did was install MSIE 6 and then try to return to MSIE 5. I don't see how that could have harmed anything so maybe I got a virus, who knows. Anyway, it was so bad that I ended up having to reformat the hard drive and restore the operating system, so that what I have is just what my computer had on it when it was new back in September.

It's not terribly inconvenient, because I haven't done that much on it since September and I have all the rest on CD's.

However, if anybody posted to me and wonders why I didn't respond, this is why! I can't tell which posts I've read, any more; they all look 'unread'. In a few days I should be all caught up in reading posts. Meanwhile I'm merrily installing and configuring my software, and trying to remember how I had things. :)

I met the most wonderful man last week, and we have gone out several times. He is what my daughter would call a genuine geek (loves DOS and messing with computers on a very fundamental level), and so when my computer broke I asked him to help me with it. He's been doing what he can. It's really nice when someone takes time out from their holiday preparations to help in a 'computer emergency' so to speak! I like him enough that I'm almost glad this happened so that we could spend more time together! LOL (blush!)

Meanwhile, my feet are doing all right although I have not been too nice to them. At first, I didn't want him to see me in my clunky shoes & orthotics. I think the Birks look nicer, so I was wearing my Birks more and my orthotics less (and my feet didn't like that). Also I have been walking slightly more, and sometimes forgetting to ice when I should and so on. But considering all this, I'm really doing pretty well and not too much worse.

Carole

Re: All's well, definitely!

Suzanne D on 12/24/01 at 22:19 (067768)

I had missed your posts, Carole, and I'm glad to know you are o.k.! Sounds like things are going well with you!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Suzanne :-)

rebecca h on 12/24/01 at 23:57 (067769)

I thought you were roaming the malls! : ) Glad you are back!

Carole C on 12/25/01 at 07:18 (067774)

Thanks, you too! And yes, things are going really well.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to both of you and all the other heelspurs.com folks. I will be having Christmas dinner with a couple that I know, and they live out in Cajun country so I'd better get on the road. :)

I do plan to wear my orthotics today, since they seem to help me a lot, and I will be trying to get back into the routine of stretching, icing, and rest that seems to be so helpful.

Carole C

Necee on 12/26/01 at 01:37 (067801)

Hi Carole,
Hope you had a safe trip, and that your time spent with friends was all that you had hoped for.
We will be waiting to hear all about it!
Happy Trails....
Necee

Carole C on 12/26/01 at 17:55 (067846)

Hi Necee! I had a wonderful Christmas. My friends told me that since I don't have family here in Louisiana, that I should consider them my family and that I am always welcome to go there for holidays. Wow! One can hardly expect any warmer reception than that. :) Stan's Mom was there too, and she is pretty funny. All in all, I had a great time. Amy outdid herself with the cooking, too. Everything was so good.

Carole C

Suzanne D on 12/24/01 at 22:19 (067768)

I had missed your posts, Carole, and I'm glad to know you are o.k.! Sounds like things are going well with you!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Suzanne :-)

rebecca h on 12/24/01 at 23:57 (067769)

I thought you were roaming the malls! : ) Glad you are back!

Carole C on 12/25/01 at 07:18 (067774)

Thanks, you too! And yes, things are going really well.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to both of you and all the other heelspurs.com folks. I will be having Christmas dinner with a couple that I know, and they live out in Cajun country so I'd better get on the road. :)

I do plan to wear my orthotics today, since they seem to help me a lot, and I will be trying to get back into the routine of stretching, icing, and rest that seems to be so helpful.

Carole C

Necee on 12/26/01 at 01:37 (067801)

Hi Carole,
Hope you had a safe trip, and that your time spent with friends was all that you had hoped for.
We will be waiting to hear all about it!
Happy Trails....
Necee

Carole C on 12/26/01 at 17:55 (067846)

Hi Necee! I had a wonderful Christmas. My friends told me that since I don't have family here in Louisiana, that I should consider them my family and that I am always welcome to go there for holidays. Wow! One can hardly expect any warmer reception than that. :) Stan's Mom was there too, and she is pretty funny. All in all, I had a great time. Amy outdid herself with the cooking, too. Everything was so good.

Carole C