Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Julie

Posted by rebecca h on 12/26/01 at 11:18 (067817)

Dear Julie,

Did you say you were going to India? Please be careful and have a safe trip! Do you do alot of traveling?

My oldest son returned from Ukraine last week, after being there four months. It was sure nice to have him safely back on the ground after all that air travel.

I think after the incident with the guy trying to light his shoes last weekend the airport security will be tighter than ever and passengers more alert than ever.

Have a good safe trip!
rebecca

Re: Julie

Julie on 12/26/01 at 15:46 (067833)

Thanks, Rebecca. Yes, I'm, leaving on Sunday for two weeks in south India, where it is very hot right now, and raining. I hope the sun comes out by the time I get there.

I'm not apprehensive about flying, so the trip doesn't worry me. But as far as security goes, I doubt whether any security is ever going to be enough to deter fanatics who are prepared to blow themselves up, and I can understand the reluctance that so many people feel these days to go up in a plane.

I'm glad your boy is back with you - what was he doing in the Ukraine? My parents were both bnotn in Odessa and arrived in NY as small children at the beginning of the last century (that 'last century' sounds funny, doesn't it - I have to keep reminding myself!)

Julie on 12/26/01 at 15:47 (067834)

That was 'born' not bnotn.

Suzanne D on 12/26/01 at 17:19 (067842)

I was thinking this morning of you and your trip, Julie, with intentions to write to wish you a safe and enjoyable one! Rebecca just 'beat me to it'! :-) I think I remember an earlier post in which you stated that you really enjoy visiting a spot in India as it is a healing and peaceful place. Is this where you will be traveling again? I hope it is a wonderful trip - restful and peaceful for you. You bring much comfort and help to many on this board; you deserve a time of rest and encouragement!

Be careful, and may God be with you! :-)

Necee on 12/26/01 at 23:45 (067865)

Sending best wishes to you Julie for a safe and pleasurable trip to India.
I do hope that the weather is nice by the time you arrive there.
Let us hear from you on your return.
Happy Trails.....
Necee

Julie on 12/27/01 at 03:03 (067873)

Thank you very much, Suzanne and Necee.

This morning the Yahoo weather forecast for Trivandrum (the nearest town to where I shall be) is showing a mixture of 'Sunny' and 'Partly Cloudy' for the next few days. All the gray raindrops have disappeared so I'm hopeful.

No, I'm not going back to the ashram this time. I'm going to an Ayurvedic centre in Kerala, where they have a wide range of massage treatments and daily yoga classes. It will be different, but still, I hope, peaceful and healing.

I'm looking forward to being pampered - and to letting someone else do the teaching. It's on the coast south of Trivandrum, and the beach looks wonderful. It's right down at the southern tip of India, where there are three seasons: hot, very hot, and very very hot. At the moment it's what they call 'cool season', which means hot. Only 34c (I guess about 92F).

Ayurveda is the ancient Indian system of medicine, 5,000 or so years old, followed widely in India and becoming increasingly known and popular here (and perhaps in the States?)

If you want to have a look, see http://www.somatheeram.com . It's a nice website.

Thanks for your good wishes - much appreciated.

nancy s. on 12/27/01 at 07:00 (067874)

oh my, julie, the three seasons are hot, very hot, very very hot, and the mere hot season is about 92 degrees?? this is why i live north, and keep moving farther north. i'll end up at the north pole if i live long enough.
i felt a jolt when you mentioned massage and yoga classes where you're going in india -- i thought, is julie ever going to give herself a break? but then i read you'll be on the receiving end of these activities, so i'm very happy about that.
nancy

Julie on 12/27/01 at 08:59 (067880)

Hi Nancy - you bet it's a break. But don't worry - I get loads of breaks. Much as I love teaching, I love my breaks too - and I need them and make sure I get them.

You like the cold, don't you? So do I. We had a beautiful cold sunny day here yesterday - just freezing, bright and windy. We went for a long walk in Greenwich Park. Today it's back to the usual gray, much warmer with the cloud cover. I prefer the cold.

I guess I just like extremes!

Julie on 12/26/01 at 15:46 (067833)

Thanks, Rebecca. Yes, I'm, leaving on Sunday for two weeks in south India, where it is very hot right now, and raining. I hope the sun comes out by the time I get there.

I'm not apprehensive about flying, so the trip doesn't worry me. But as far as security goes, I doubt whether any security is ever going to be enough to deter fanatics who are prepared to blow themselves up, and I can understand the reluctance that so many people feel these days to go up in a plane.

I'm glad your boy is back with you - what was he doing in the Ukraine? My parents were both bnotn in Odessa and arrived in NY as small children at the beginning of the last century (that 'last century' sounds funny, doesn't it - I have to keep reminding myself!)

Julie on 12/26/01 at 15:47 (067834)

That was 'born' not bnotn.

Suzanne D on 12/26/01 at 17:19 (067842)

I was thinking this morning of you and your trip, Julie, with intentions to write to wish you a safe and enjoyable one! Rebecca just 'beat me to it'! :-) I think I remember an earlier post in which you stated that you really enjoy visiting a spot in India as it is a healing and peaceful place. Is this where you will be traveling again? I hope it is a wonderful trip - restful and peaceful for you. You bring much comfort and help to many on this board; you deserve a time of rest and encouragement!

Be careful, and may God be with you! :-)

Necee on 12/26/01 at 23:45 (067865)

Sending best wishes to you Julie for a safe and pleasurable trip to India.
I do hope that the weather is nice by the time you arrive there.
Let us hear from you on your return.
Happy Trails.....
Necee

Julie on 12/27/01 at 03:03 (067873)

Thank you very much, Suzanne and Necee.

This morning the Yahoo weather forecast for Trivandrum (the nearest town to where I shall be) is showing a mixture of 'Sunny' and 'Partly Cloudy' for the next few days. All the gray raindrops have disappeared so I'm hopeful.

No, I'm not going back to the ashram this time. I'm going to an Ayurvedic centre in Kerala, where they have a wide range of massage treatments and daily yoga classes. It will be different, but still, I hope, peaceful and healing.

I'm looking forward to being pampered - and to letting someone else do the teaching. It's on the coast south of Trivandrum, and the beach looks wonderful. It's right down at the southern tip of India, where there are three seasons: hot, very hot, and very very hot. At the moment it's what they call 'cool season', which means hot. Only 34c (I guess about 92F).

Ayurveda is the ancient Indian system of medicine, 5,000 or so years old, followed widely in India and becoming increasingly known and popular here (and perhaps in the States?)

If you want to have a look, see http://www.somatheeram.com . It's a nice website.

Thanks for your good wishes - much appreciated.

nancy s. on 12/27/01 at 07:00 (067874)

oh my, julie, the three seasons are hot, very hot, very very hot, and the mere hot season is about 92 degrees?? this is why i live north, and keep moving farther north. i'll end up at the north pole if i live long enough.
i felt a jolt when you mentioned massage and yoga classes where you're going in india -- i thought, is julie ever going to give herself a break? but then i read you'll be on the receiving end of these activities, so i'm very happy about that.
nancy

Julie on 12/27/01 at 08:59 (067880)

Hi Nancy - you bet it's a break. But don't worry - I get loads of breaks. Much as I love teaching, I love my breaks too - and I need them and make sure I get them.

You like the cold, don't you? So do I. We had a beautiful cold sunny day here yesterday - just freezing, bright and windy. We went for a long walk in Greenwich Park. Today it's back to the usual gray, much warmer with the cloud cover. I prefer the cold.

I guess I just like extremes!