Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Did anyone post-op have a really stiff Achilles tendon??

Posted by Shane on 12/26/01 at 14:52 (067830)

It's been almost 4 weeks post-op and I was given a walking boot. My foot is a little tender still, using crutches some of the time. I was just wondering if anyone else had a very stiff achilles tendon. My ankle seems to have 'frozen up'. It is just really stiff and doesn't enable me to put very much pressure on it.

Re: Did anyone post-op have a really stiff Achilles tendon??

cindyp on 12/26/01 at 17:24 (067843)

Yes sometimes still do have a very stiff ankle. Just gotta keep working as much as able on gently stretching and massaging to loosen up. Just remember your foot got ripped open and stuff moved around and poked at. The trauma of that will take a bit to get over. Took me about 2 months for a good level of comfort. My ankle at times today feels squishy sometimes too.

Anthony P on 12/26/01 at 21:15 (067858)

HI Shane,I had surgery Nov 7th and I still have a stiff achilles,The first step in the morning and walking on stairs and up hill are a problem for me. lite strenches do help this . It take alot of time to recover from foot surgery.
Good luck to you Anthony P

cindyp on 12/26/01 at 17:24 (067843)

Yes sometimes still do have a very stiff ankle. Just gotta keep working as much as able on gently stretching and massaging to loosen up. Just remember your foot got ripped open and stuff moved around and poked at. The trauma of that will take a bit to get over. Took me about 2 months for a good level of comfort. My ankle at times today feels squishy sometimes too.

Anthony P on 12/26/01 at 21:15 (067858)

HI Shane,I had surgery Nov 7th and I still have a stiff achilles,The first step in the morning and walking on stairs and up hill are a problem for me. lite strenches do help this . It take alot of time to recover from foot surgery.
Good luck to you Anthony P