Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Does Bilateral TTS suggest anything?

Posted by Mike S. on 12/26/01 at 18:46 (067851)

I went undiagnosed for TTS for at least two years. I had bilateral neuroma's in my second webspace and diagnosed with the condition peripheral neuropathy. Just recently was the PN found to be caused by TTS. The plan was to have the neuroma surgery on July 29, 2001, then see what is left over. Now I have to find out what is causing the TTS. I've had both the NCV & EMG tests.

Re: Does Bilateral TTS suggest anything?

Dennis B. on 12/27/01 at 15:29 (067910)

Like you, I suffer frm both TTS and PN. I was just in to see the neurologist today and am scheduled for a nerve biopsy in a couple of weeks. I told him that my TTS release was 'unsuccessful' but that I wonder if maybe the PN is 'hiding' any good that came from the TTS release. Consider going to http://www.neuropathy.org and look for more information on that subject. It, like this site, is very informative. Good luck.

Mike S. on 12/27/01 at 20:53 (067935)

I learned that PN is just a condition; so have to find out what is causing the PN. It could be the TTS. I don't mean to make it sound like a viscious circle. I saw something on a website about the 'high zone' which is about 4' above the ankle. Have you heard of TT releases in that area?

Dennis B. on 12/28/01 at 15:19 (068006)

Yes, I have heard of a higher TTS release but did not have it done with my procedure. I was comfortable with my surgeon, who was/is an orthopedic surgeon and is touted as being the best in 'my neck of the woods'. As to repetitive walking and or standing, No. I basically sat behind a desk for most of my career and then bought a retail store which did involve much walking and standing, however, the pain didn't set in until a couple of years later. I recall 20 years ago going duck hunting and having to wear chest waders that had metal in the bottom of the feet and the pain was unbearable, so I really can't attribute the problem to the retail part of my life. Incidentally, since the selling of my stores, I have not been able to work. That has been just a bit over 2 years now.

Dennis B. on 12/27/01 at 15:29 (067910)

Like you, I suffer frm both TTS and PN. I was just in to see the neurologist today and am scheduled for a nerve biopsy in a couple of weeks. I told him that my TTS release was 'unsuccessful' but that I wonder if maybe the PN is 'hiding' any good that came from the TTS release. Consider going to http://www.neuropathy.org and look for more information on that subject. It, like this site, is very informative. Good luck.

Mike S. on 12/27/01 at 20:53 (067935)

I learned that PN is just a condition; so have to find out what is causing the PN. It could be the TTS. I don't mean to make it sound like a viscious circle. I saw something on a website about the 'high zone' which is about 4' above the ankle. Have you heard of TT releases in that area?

Dennis B. on 12/28/01 at 15:19 (068006)

Yes, I have heard of a higher TTS release but did not have it done with my procedure. I was comfortable with my surgeon, who was/is an orthopedic surgeon and is touted as being the best in 'my neck of the woods'. As to repetitive walking and or standing, No. I basically sat behind a desk for most of my career and then bought a retail store which did involve much walking and standing, however, the pain didn't set in until a couple of years later. I recall 20 years ago going duck hunting and having to wear chest waders that had metal in the bottom of the feet and the pain was unbearable, so I really can't attribute the problem to the retail part of my life. Incidentally, since the selling of my stores, I have not been able to work. That has been just a bit over 2 years now.