Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Plantar fasciitis and tendonitis of posterior tibialis

Posted by Jean M B on 12/27/01 at 01:42 (067869)

I have had heel spur and plantar fasciitis for 15 months, the posterior tibialis problem was picked up on scanning 9 months ago. All the non invasive treatments as well as steroid injections have given me no relief. I am contemplating returning to UK( my home) to consult my surgeon re surgery, how the posterior tendonitis affect the 'usual' surgical treatment for plantar fasciitis? I use a splint at night and do all my stretching, I also take calcium,magnesium, phospherous, vitamin D combination, these help the most if I try to reduce the dose the pain increases. Any comments would be appreciated.

Re: Plantar fasciitis and tendonitis of posterior tibialis

Julie on 12/27/01 at 02:48 (067872)

Hello Jean

I'm not a doctor and can't offer anything in response to your question about surgery - but may I ask you to describe your stretching routine? It's possible that something you're doing may be aggravating your problems.

I'm in London - American, but living here for many years. Maybe we 'crossed' mid-Atlantic!

Oliver W. on 12/31/01 at 00:02 (068177)

I have several worts onthe bottom of my right foot my father believes them to be plantar worts what do you think.

wendyn on 12/31/01 at 09:54 (068202)

I am not a doctor..

Plantar means 'Feet'

If you have warts on your feet then they are 'Plantar Warts' - meaning 'Feet Warts'. If you haven't had them before - see a doctor for diagnosis.

They are easy to treat, but they can spread if you ignore them.

Julie on 12/27/01 at 02:48 (067872)

Hello Jean

I'm not a doctor and can't offer anything in response to your question about surgery - but may I ask you to describe your stretching routine? It's possible that something you're doing may be aggravating your problems.

I'm in London - American, but living here for many years. Maybe we 'crossed' mid-Atlantic!

Oliver W. on 12/31/01 at 00:02 (068177)

I have several worts onthe bottom of my right foot my father believes them to be plantar worts what do you think.

wendyn on 12/31/01 at 09:54 (068202)

I am not a doctor..

Plantar means 'Feet'

If you have warts on your feet then they are 'Plantar Warts' - meaning 'Feet Warts'. If you haven't had them before - see a doctor for diagnosis.

They are easy to treat, but they can spread if you ignore them.