Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

"High Tarsal Tunnel Zone"?

Posted by Mike S. on 12/27/01 at 23:51 (067942)

I read on a website that there is an area about 4 inches above the ankle where a release that can be done. It also states that sometimes a release fails because only the tarsal tunnel was cut. In other words, you have two incisions per leg. Please comment.

Re: "High Tarsal Tunnel Zone"?

wendyn on 12/28/01 at 00:24 (067943)

I believe you'd be talking about Steve Williams (Williamson?) website....he does pop in here once in a while. He also is pretty good at responding to email...so you may want to email him and have him respond here.

I don't know much about it other than what Steve wrote.

cindyp on 12/28/01 at 11:47 (067986)

Yes there is that area. If the dr. when doing the surgery doesn't go that far up some people it fails . Mine didn't make two incisions I think the way it was done he just followed the nerve up and then (this is gross) kinda pulled it out and then shoved it back in there ?

wendyn on 12/28/01 at 00:24 (067943)

I believe you'd be talking about Steve Williams (Williamson?) website....he does pop in here once in a while. He also is pretty good at responding to email...so you may want to email him and have him respond here.

I don't know much about it other than what Steve wrote.

cindyp on 12/28/01 at 11:47 (067986)

Yes there is that area. If the dr. when doing the surgery doesn't go that far up some people it fails . Mine didn't make two incisions I think the way it was done he just followed the nerve up and then (this is gross) kinda pulled it out and then shoved it back in there ?