Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Had surgery for TTS, November 1st

Posted by Tracey A on 12/28/01 at 18:56 (068022)

Hello,
I'm not a stranger on this site. I first had planter fascia release June 7th,2000 and didn't get better was sent to new doctor and he did surgery again to release more. First doctor cut nerves in the heel it's permanent and the 2nd doctor cut blood vessels and thet's permanent. Went to third doctor who said ther was nothing he could do the damage had been done. Finally, I went to see new doctor who thought I may have TTSand had the nerve entrapment test. I didn't pass there was blockage in some of the nerves. He did surgery on Nov.1st, he found lots of scar tissue and cleaned everything up. He told me that he could'nt guarantee that I would be better, but he said it may make me feel better or it will stay the same. My ankle is still swollen and I can't put on a shoe. I just stay home, it's to much trouble to go out. I've been out of work since last June. I have a lawyer now who is working my case for SS benefits. I see a psychiatrist for depression, because I thought of suicide. I'm on many anti-depressant. I'm still on pain meds too. When will this end??????
Wish all of you success and good health. Tracey A.

Re: Had surgery for TTS, November 1st

Tammie on 12/28/01 at 21:48 (068038)

Tracey,
I am so very sorry to read your post. I really am!I can really feel the pain in it and I can actually understand what you are feeling and saying. It is a very discouraging problem the feet when they do not work as we want them to , who would ever understand the total effect on our lives?

I wish I could provide the majic answer or the cure for you, I really do . If I could I might have my own or maybe many others. I keep thinking there is some sort of test or lesson in all of this and that someone is trying to tell us something. How do we explain to ourselves when we cant really understand it , it seems as tho our whole life changes and nothing nothing at all is the same. And it all starts with a sore foot which you think oh it will go away. HA, yea right and when does it? I have no answer.

My pod today told me this 4 more weeks he gives me, then if I am not at least 75% he will aske me to change my type of work, and if I choose not to then I will have to find another dr. or live this way as he can do no more for me he feels I am risking permenant damage if there is not already. He wants to talk with my work as he feels that I am overdoing it and he only wants me to work 3 days a week and no 2 in a row and limits 4 hrs on feet for total time and 2 elevated. That is a joke where and what kind of work is there for a nurses aide like that? This is my life and also helps pay the bills.I have been this for so long , and I am sad and angry that this has to effect the one thing that I have found that I can do well and get paid for it . Yes depression I hear u .

I can only offer you the same as I have been doing for months , pray for the guidence and the patience to get thru each day a little at a time.If no miracle is available to accept it with dignity and grace.And to come here where there are so many loving and understanding friends to help get us thru the worse of times, and for us to maybe offer some support and sun in there lives. You have hope my friend as Nov is really not that long it takes some time for healing many weeks and sometimes months it is 17 weeks for me for this last surgery, and I still have hope. So that is what I offer to u HOPE! I am glad you are seeing a dr. to help with the emotional issues I think that is also important. I truly understand that. Hopefully things will work out for u and then some of your life shall return to u if not all! Keep the hope and one step at a time! HUGSSSSSSSS to u and wishing you a good healing year ahead!

Julie on 12/29/01 at 00:47 (068046)

Tracey, Tammie is right. Have hope. This has been going on a long time for you, but it IS only two months since your last surgery, and you have reason to hope that the surgeon who cleaned everything up has managed to undo the damage done by the earlier surgeries. He has been honest with you, so try to believe that you will feel better. Meanwhile it's good that you're dealing with the depression and taking pain meds. Hang in there - and for that matter, hang in here, where there is good support. Don't just read, post yourself, get into conversations and make friends who will help you get through this anxious waiting time.

BrianG on 12/29/01 at 11:37 (068071)

Hi Tracey,

After 3 surgeries, I think all of us would be feeling down. I too am out of work due to PF, chronic pain and some depression. I filed for SSD a couple months ago. If you'd like to compare a few notes, drop me a line at; (email removed) Two minds should be better than one, when it comes to fighting for our rights. I'm hoping 2002 will be better for all of us. Good luck

BCG

Renee H on 12/31/01 at 08:50 (068195)

Tracey -

If you can make it through three surgery's, you're definitely tough enough to stick it out through the recovery period. I understand the depression. My whole world changed and I had no control. And I haven't even had to have surgery. It may take you a long time to get it into focus, put up with what you can do and remember those who are much less forunate than you. Good luck.

Renee

Tammie on 12/28/01 at 21:48 (068038)

Tracey,
I am so very sorry to read your post. I really am!I can really feel the pain in it and I can actually understand what you are feeling and saying. It is a very discouraging problem the feet when they do not work as we want them to , who would ever understand the total effect on our lives?

I wish I could provide the majic answer or the cure for you, I really do . If I could I might have my own or maybe many others. I keep thinking there is some sort of test or lesson in all of this and that someone is trying to tell us something. How do we explain to ourselves when we cant really understand it , it seems as tho our whole life changes and nothing nothing at all is the same. And it all starts with a sore foot which you think oh it will go away. HA, yea right and when does it? I have no answer.

My pod today told me this 4 more weeks he gives me, then if I am not at least 75% he will aske me to change my type of work, and if I choose not to then I will have to find another dr. or live this way as he can do no more for me he feels I am risking permenant damage if there is not already. He wants to talk with my work as he feels that I am overdoing it and he only wants me to work 3 days a week and no 2 in a row and limits 4 hrs on feet for total time and 2 elevated. That is a joke where and what kind of work is there for a nurses aide like that? This is my life and also helps pay the bills.I have been this for so long , and I am sad and angry that this has to effect the one thing that I have found that I can do well and get paid for it . Yes depression I hear u .

I can only offer you the same as I have been doing for months , pray for the guidence and the patience to get thru each day a little at a time.If no miracle is available to accept it with dignity and grace.And to come here where there are so many loving and understanding friends to help get us thru the worse of times, and for us to maybe offer some support and sun in there lives. You have hope my friend as Nov is really not that long it takes some time for healing many weeks and sometimes months it is 17 weeks for me for this last surgery, and I still have hope. So that is what I offer to u HOPE! I am glad you are seeing a dr. to help with the emotional issues I think that is also important. I truly understand that. Hopefully things will work out for u and then some of your life shall return to u if not all! Keep the hope and one step at a time! HUGSSSSSSSS to u and wishing you a good healing year ahead!

Julie on 12/29/01 at 00:47 (068046)

Tracey, Tammie is right. Have hope. This has been going on a long time for you, but it IS only two months since your last surgery, and you have reason to hope that the surgeon who cleaned everything up has managed to undo the damage done by the earlier surgeries. He has been honest with you, so try to believe that you will feel better. Meanwhile it's good that you're dealing with the depression and taking pain meds. Hang in there - and for that matter, hang in here, where there is good support. Don't just read, post yourself, get into conversations and make friends who will help you get through this anxious waiting time.

BrianG on 12/29/01 at 11:37 (068071)

Hi Tracey,

After 3 surgeries, I think all of us would be feeling down. I too am out of work due to PF, chronic pain and some depression. I filed for SSD a couple months ago. If you'd like to compare a few notes, drop me a line at; (email removed) Two minds should be better than one, when it comes to fighting for our rights. I'm hoping 2002 will be better for all of us. Good luck

BCG

Renee H on 12/31/01 at 08:50 (068195)

Tracey -

If you can make it through three surgery's, you're definitely tough enough to stick it out through the recovery period. I understand the depression. My whole world changed and I had no control. And I haven't even had to have surgery. It may take you a long time to get it into focus, put up with what you can do and remember those who are much less forunate than you. Good luck.

Renee