Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Stretching for relief ????

Posted by Marty B on 12/28/01 at 23:13 (068041)

I was just wondering if anyone has had any success or has heard stories with good results with stretching out the tendon that runs alone the inside ankle bone to relive the restrictions on the veins and nerves.

I have been battling this for 4 years now I'm currently taking 300mg of Neurontin twice a day which has helped but I can't seem to get over the hump. I can't wear my shoes for more like 15 minute at a time once the burning starts. The good news is that it doesn't start up first thing in the morning like it use to. If I pull my shoes of when I'm driving to work in the morning and then if I don't stand much at work I can make it till the afternoon till the burring gets the best of me. Anyway back to my thought. I have been trying to stretch that inner tendon while I'm at my desk at work. I come up with the idea because of the good results I had with doing the same thing with the outer tendon - ( tendon on the outside of foot that crosses the ankle) after bad sprains. I have had some really bad sprains over the years from sports and found that by stretching it out, in time -(up to a year in one case) I gained complete flexibility/movement in that tendon. I realize that it could take a lone time so I possibly will not see any progress for months and so I thought I would see if anyone has heard of this crazy idea.

Thanks

-Marty

Re: Stretching for relief ????

Carmen H on 1/01/02 at 09:29 (068320)

Have you ever done stretching for therapy since your feet started hurting?
Your idea isn't crazy....by the way. :-)
Stretching is one thing that has really helped me and PF.

Marty B on 1/01/02 at 22:29 (068401)

Yes I have, I can pull my toes up to about 20 degrees. I'm in remission from PF but not due to bad mechanics in the ankles TTF is getting the best of me. In this case I need to stretch the inside of ankle out.

-Marty

Carmen H on 1/01/02 at 09:29 (068320)

Have you ever done stretching for therapy since your feet started hurting?
Your idea isn't crazy....by the way. :-)
Stretching is one thing that has really helped me and PF.

Marty B on 1/01/02 at 22:29 (068401)

Yes I have, I can pull my toes up to about 20 degrees. I'm in remission from PF but not due to bad mechanics in the ankles TTF is getting the best of me. In this case I need to stretch the inside of ankle out.

-Marty