Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

India

Posted by John h on 12/29/01 at 09:44 (068060)

Julie: Is the increased tensions between India and Pakistan going to effect your trip? I would give this some detailed thinking since both of these nations are nuclear powers and Pakistan is starting to pull away troops from the Agan border in case hostilities breakout. I know Kashmir is to the north but with nukes there is no north or south.

Re: India

Julie on 12/29/01 at 11:36 (068070)

Ouch! No, I'm going tomorrow. And hoping the 2,000 miles between me and Kashmir will be enough. And hoping even more that it never happens.

Suzanne D on 12/29/01 at 12:06 (068075)

Have a very SAFE and PLEASANT TRIP, Julie! We will miss hearing from you while you are away and will look forward to hearing from you when you return!!! :-)

DR Zuckerman on 12/29/01 at 12:20 (068078)

Have a great trip. Cnn is the only one that thinks there is going to be a
war between the two nuclear power's . Watch your feet !!

John h on 12/29/01 at 12:21 (068079)

Julie: have fun on your trip. i am like you as flying is the least of my worries. there has been sporadic fighting along the border and both sides seem to have their feet in concrete. As you probably know Pakistan was split away from India in the 40's. Kashmir which was largely Hindu went with India. Since that time there has been a group that has risen up in Kashmir that most are calling terriorist but the Pakistani's call Freedom Fighters who want to side with Pakistan. I assume these are Muslims. I can think of no worse type of war than a religious war. These wars seem to never have an ending and go on for thousands of years. (Northern Ireland,Yogoslavia,Israel/Palestine, India/Packistan). It still amazes me that people kill people in the name of God and in most cases the same God. Both of these nations have modern weapons of war including nuclear bombs so there is always a danger. Israel has let the Arab world know that before they will ever be overrun they will use their many nuclear weapons which will probably keep the limited was going on there unless some madman like Saddam gets the bomb. I will be interest to hear about your trip and hope you can take some pictures that you can send some of us. Best wishes for a happy and fun trip.

John h on 12/29/01 at 12:24 (068081)

Dr. Z I still keep in touch with my Israeli Air Force guy who posted on our board a few times (Itai). He has been back in TelAviv for sometime. Hope you guys in New Jersey get rid of all that anthrax. I ocassionally get a package from New Jersey and Mary makes me open it outside.

Re: Julie

Tammie on 12/29/01 at 21:07 (068104)

I hope that your trip is safe and wonderful. May Your New Year bring you much good health and even more love and happiness. You are a fantastik person Julie and I am so glad that you are back on the board!!!!! You have alot of wonderful information to help us both with feet and the mind. Please be safe and relax and let God be your wings!Hugs to u and a safe journey .

Re: Thanks

Julie on 12/30/01 at 02:01 (068114)

Thanks for your good wishes everyone. I really appreciate your thoughts and will think of you while I'm away.

Tammie, I will let God be my wings. Thanks for reminding me, and for the lovely compliment.

John, I concur with your diagnosis of the world's tragedies (the partition of India and Pakistan caused a huge human disaster at the time and has been the cause of all the problems since). My husband just shakes his head in despair at least twice a day at 'the way human beings order their affairs'.

Dr Z, India loves my feet and my feet love India. So they'll be all right!

Necee on 12/31/01 at 00:03 (068178)

Julie hope you have an exciting trip to India.
I'll be praying for your safe return, and anxiously waiting to see you back on the board with all the details of your trip.
God Bless friend and Happy Trails......
Necee

Carmen H on 12/31/01 at 07:57 (068193)

Let us know all the details when yo ureturn! Have fun fun fun!!!
Carmen

Julie on 12/29/01 at 11:36 (068070)

Ouch! No, I'm going tomorrow. And hoping the 2,000 miles between me and Kashmir will be enough. And hoping even more that it never happens.

Suzanne D on 12/29/01 at 12:06 (068075)

Have a very SAFE and PLEASANT TRIP, Julie! We will miss hearing from you while you are away and will look forward to hearing from you when you return!!! :-)

DR Zuckerman on 12/29/01 at 12:20 (068078)

Have a great trip. Cnn is the only one that thinks there is going to be a
war between the two nuclear power's . Watch your feet !!

John h on 12/29/01 at 12:21 (068079)

Julie: have fun on your trip. i am like you as flying is the least of my worries. there has been sporadic fighting along the border and both sides seem to have their feet in concrete. As you probably know Pakistan was split away from India in the 40's. Kashmir which was largely Hindu went with India. Since that time there has been a group that has risen up in Kashmir that most are calling terriorist but the Pakistani's call Freedom Fighters who want to side with Pakistan. I assume these are Muslims. I can think of no worse type of war than a religious war. These wars seem to never have an ending and go on for thousands of years. (Northern Ireland,Yogoslavia,Israel/Palestine, India/Packistan). It still amazes me that people kill people in the name of God and in most cases the same God. Both of these nations have modern weapons of war including nuclear bombs so there is always a danger. Israel has let the Arab world know that before they will ever be overrun they will use their many nuclear weapons which will probably keep the limited was going on there unless some madman like Saddam gets the bomb. I will be interest to hear about your trip and hope you can take some pictures that you can send some of us. Best wishes for a happy and fun trip.

John h on 12/29/01 at 12:24 (068081)

Dr. Z I still keep in touch with my Israeli Air Force guy who posted on our board a few times (Itai). He has been back in TelAviv for sometime. Hope you guys in New Jersey get rid of all that anthrax. I ocassionally get a package from New Jersey and Mary makes me open it outside.

Re: Julie

Tammie on 12/29/01 at 21:07 (068104)

I hope that your trip is safe and wonderful. May Your New Year bring you much good health and even more love and happiness. You are a fantastik person Julie and I am so glad that you are back on the board!!!!! You have alot of wonderful information to help us both with feet and the mind. Please be safe and relax and let God be your wings!Hugs to u and a safe journey .

Julie on 12/30/01 at 02:01 (068114)

Thanks for your good wishes everyone. I really appreciate your thoughts and will think of you while I'm away.

Tammie, I will let God be my wings. Thanks for reminding me, and for the lovely compliment.

John, I concur with your diagnosis of the world's tragedies (the partition of India and Pakistan caused a huge human disaster at the time and has been the cause of all the problems since). My husband just shakes his head in despair at least twice a day at 'the way human beings order their affairs'.

Dr Z, India loves my feet and my feet love India. So they'll be all right!

Necee on 12/31/01 at 00:03 (068178)

Julie hope you have an exciting trip to India.
I'll be praying for your safe return, and anxiously waiting to see you back on the board with all the details of your trip.
God Bless friend and Happy Trails......
Necee

Carmen H on 12/31/01 at 07:57 (068193)

Let us know all the details when yo ureturn! Have fun fun fun!!!
Carmen