Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Heel pain after surgery.

Posted by Brian R. on 12/30/01 at 18:12 (068147)

I had PF in my right heel over a year ago. I had surgery to correct te prblem. It worked like a dream, and I was 100% better after three months pot surgery. Now, a year later my other foot is the same ay. I also had surgery on this foot. Snag is, it's been three months and the pain is the sameas before had my second surgery. Will this now last forever? Does PF last a lifetime, or will it eventually correct itself? Get worse? I thnk the probable answer will be that I should waitand see, but was just hoping tha someonecouldtell me the statistics of what percentage of people get beter after surgery has not helped. Thanks.

Re: Heel pain after surgery.

Lis Erskine on 12/31/01 at 03:55 (068182)

Brian - there is a solution. Get Shock Wave treatments. It works !!! I had it, I did it, it's gone.

Carmen H on 12/31/01 at 07:35 (068191)

Brian get another opinion and start asking the doc's on this site questions. Don't lose hope...just research and learn all you can on the condition.

RACHAEL T. on 12/31/01 at 12:20 (068223)

LISA - How long did it take for you to have a complete or what was your positive recovery rate after the ESWT. I just had it done on 11/21st & yes, I am much improved at 5 weeks - but wondering if it will 'plateau' or continue with more improvement as I am hoping. How badly did you have PF initially & for how long did you suffer with it? In what activities are you now capable of participating? Sounds like LOTS of questions - but just wondering what my recovery path will bring in the upcoming weeks.
Thanks so much for your reply!

Lis Erskine on 12/31/01 at 03:55 (068182)

Brian - there is a solution. Get Shock Wave treatments. It works !!! I had it, I did it, it's gone.

Carmen H on 12/31/01 at 07:35 (068191)

Brian get another opinion and start asking the doc's on this site questions. Don't lose hope...just research and learn all you can on the condition.

RACHAEL T. on 12/31/01 at 12:20 (068223)

LISA - How long did it take for you to have a complete or what was your positive recovery rate after the ESWT. I just had it done on 11/21st & yes, I am much improved at 5 weeks - but wondering if it will 'plateau' or continue with more improvement as I am hoping. How badly did you have PF initially & for how long did you suffer with it? In what activities are you now capable of participating? Sounds like LOTS of questions - but just wondering what my recovery path will bring in the upcoming weeks.
Thanks so much for your reply!