Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Light at the End of Tunnel!!

Posted by Tammy M on 12/30/01 at 19:13 (068154)

To all my friends on this web site--I haven't posted very often, but over the past 2 years I have read faithfully all of your wisdom, insights, kind words of encouragement, and of dispair, and I cannot thank you all enough. It helps so much to at least understand why your body hurts so bad, and to know that you are not going insane, and that there actually are other poeple out there going through the same thing. I did all the trips to the Dr, and back, and back, and to physio, wore the ugly special shoes, showered in Birks, taped with duct tape, the meds, etc, you all know it...and at last.....my pain is now about a 0.5 on a normal day, when a couple of months ago I had to take a leave from work because I was at about an 8 on a good day. What I had to do was leave my job (I worked retail-and had for 13 years). Standing continously on carpet covered concrete was literally killing my feet. I first left full-time employment in March, and worked only 17-20 hrs/wk....still too much, though I could feel improvement. I am now working in an office where I can be seated, however I am up and walking a great deal. I cannot explain the difference. I just thank God, and pray there is no relapse...though I know this sometimes happens.
What I want to say is PLEASE know that there is an end, a better day will come, and that you won't be with this forever. I was 2 yrs with PF, and I know some of you have suffered much longer, and my heart goes out toyou, but there is an end. Thanks for letting me ramble, and thank you all sooooo much---you have made my struggle at least a little more understandable to me and my family. Thank you so much.....And here is to a fabulous new year full of endless possibilities! God bless you all & your families.

Re: Light at the End of Tunnel!!

Suzanne D on 12/30/01 at 19:58 (068158)

How nice of you to take the time to write, Tammy, and to give us all hope and encouragement! I am glad that you are so much better and that you have found employment that enabled you to heal.

Do you still wear orthotics, stretch, tape, take medicine, wear special shoes,etc.? I just wondered if that has to be kept up as you get down to the level of pain you are experiencing.

Thanks again for writing!

nancy s. on 12/30/01 at 20:31 (068163)

tammy, what a great post and how thoughtful of you to write it. i'm glad you got so much from this site -- i have too and can't even begin to imagine where i'd be now if i hadn't found it two years ago. like you, i'm much better now, and i know your post will give others hope. congratulations on your recovery!
nancy

Laurie R on 12/30/01 at 21:34 (068165)

Dear Tammy , Like the others have said , thank you so much for taking the time to post your wonderful news. We come here when we are in pain and need the support , then some feel better and go on and forget the support they got here. For you to come back I think is so awesome to tell us how you are doing ..... I hope you continue to do well and never have this again .. I have had PF now for 2 and half years.. So I understand what it is like to give up your job and change your whole life. That is just what happened to me .... The best of luck to you always and thank you again , Laurie R

Necee on 12/30/01 at 23:56 (068176)

Hi Tammy,
I'm so glad that your doing better!
Thank you for sharing and for remembering all of us here. This is a struggle that is much easier to cope with when we have someone to relate to, but better yet is when we read a post like yours. You give the rest of us hope and encouragment.
Please keep in touch, and let us know how your doing.
Happy Trails,
Necee

Carole C on 12/31/01 at 13:24 (068235)

Now this is quite an encouraging post! I hope we all find this much improvement in the new year. :)

Carole C
(who feels a lot better than a month ago, but is still at pain level 2-3 usually and needs to remember to stretch)

Suzanne D on 12/30/01 at 19:58 (068158)

How nice of you to take the time to write, Tammy, and to give us all hope and encouragement! I am glad that you are so much better and that you have found employment that enabled you to heal.

Do you still wear orthotics, stretch, tape, take medicine, wear special shoes,etc.? I just wondered if that has to be kept up as you get down to the level of pain you are experiencing.

Thanks again for writing!

nancy s. on 12/30/01 at 20:31 (068163)

tammy, what a great post and how thoughtful of you to write it. i'm glad you got so much from this site -- i have too and can't even begin to imagine where i'd be now if i hadn't found it two years ago. like you, i'm much better now, and i know your post will give others hope. congratulations on your recovery!
nancy

Laurie R on 12/30/01 at 21:34 (068165)

Dear Tammy , Like the others have said , thank you so much for taking the time to post your wonderful news. We come here when we are in pain and need the support , then some feel better and go on and forget the support they got here. For you to come back I think is so awesome to tell us how you are doing ..... I hope you continue to do well and never have this again .. I have had PF now for 2 and half years.. So I understand what it is like to give up your job and change your whole life. That is just what happened to me .... The best of luck to you always and thank you again , Laurie R

Necee on 12/30/01 at 23:56 (068176)

Hi Tammy,
I'm so glad that your doing better!
Thank you for sharing and for remembering all of us here. This is a struggle that is much easier to cope with when we have someone to relate to, but better yet is when we read a post like yours. You give the rest of us hope and encouragment.
Please keep in touch, and let us know how your doing.
Happy Trails,
Necee

Carole C on 12/31/01 at 13:24 (068235)

Now this is quite an encouraging post! I hope we all find this much improvement in the new year. :)

Carole C
(who feels a lot better than a month ago, but is still at pain level 2-3 usually and needs to remember to stretch)