Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Yikes! I went on a bit of a rant!

Posted by Carmen H on 12/31/01 at 08:57 (068197)

I just re read my post on the foot docs board to Lis...I seem to have gotten a bit defensive about this board to her. I just hate when someone says something or anything negative about this board or claims that ONE thing will cure everyone when they don't know what most of us have been through.
so I apologize for anything I might have said that sounded mean...I am not trying to be mean as most of you know it's not in my nature.

Re: Yikes! I went on a bit of a rant!

Carole C on 12/31/01 at 13:16 (068234)

I haven't read it yet but I can't imagine you being mean to someone! You are right; it's not in your nature, as far as I can tell.

Carole C

Suzanne D on 12/31/01 at 15:33 (068249)

Dear Carmen,
I read all the posts you are speaking of, and to me, you did not seem mean at all. If you were defensive, it was a positive reaction - the kind of defensiveness I feel when someone criticizes one of my first graders or when someone does something to hurt a family member or friend.

To me, there are two amazing things about this website and message board: the incredible amount of information to be gleaned AND the wonderful support as well as sharing of lives as we reach out to support and help one another.

At the root of all this is a deep respect for each other although we come from diverse backgrounds and places and most of us have never met one another. We are united like a family, and we don't take kindly to someone speaking ill of another. To me, this line was crossed when a reference was made to you being 'attached to your pain'. My goodness, how untrue and how unkind that struck me!

Perhaps, as Dr. Z suggested, language translation played a roll here; I don't know. But I do know that kindness and compassion shine through others' posts even when their English may not be perfect.

I will not attempt to judge another, but I WILL say that I appreciate you, Carmen, and I applaud your speaking up for all of us here. You always seem to have ALL our best interests at heart!

:-) Thank you for being there for us!!

Suzanne

Suzanne D on 12/31/01 at 15:36 (068250)

You can see that my English is not perfect, either! I should have written that perhaps language translation played a 'role' here, not 'roll'! Maybe I am hungry, or maybe I have been out of school too long! :-) Well, we go back day after tomorrow, so that should take care of that!

Best wishes to all for a Happy and Healing 2002!!!

Re: Suzanne

Carmen H on 12/31/01 at 18:48 (068281)

YOU said it exactly how I feel! I feel we are all part of a 'family' too and no one can understand that....my husband is very glad I have found you all but does not know the depth of my attachment to you ALL (not to my pain). thanks again for your support....and your 'Roll' comment made me giggle.
You're truly a wonderful person and I bet your kids at school miss you!!!!
Carmen

Carole C on 12/31/01 at 13:16 (068234)

I haven't read it yet but I can't imagine you being mean to someone! You are right; it's not in your nature, as far as I can tell.

Carole C

Suzanne D on 12/31/01 at 15:33 (068249)

Dear Carmen,
I read all the posts you are speaking of, and to me, you did not seem mean at all. If you were defensive, it was a positive reaction - the kind of defensiveness I feel when someone criticizes one of my first graders or when someone does something to hurt a family member or friend.

To me, there are two amazing things about this website and message board: the incredible amount of information to be gleaned AND the wonderful support as well as sharing of lives as we reach out to support and help one another.

At the root of all this is a deep respect for each other although we come from diverse backgrounds and places and most of us have never met one another. We are united like a family, and we don't take kindly to someone speaking ill of another. To me, this line was crossed when a reference was made to you being 'attached to your pain'. My goodness, how untrue and how unkind that struck me!

Perhaps, as Dr. Z suggested, language translation played a roll here; I don't know. But I do know that kindness and compassion shine through others' posts even when their English may not be perfect.

I will not attempt to judge another, but I WILL say that I appreciate you, Carmen, and I applaud your speaking up for all of us here. You always seem to have ALL our best interests at heart!

:-) Thank you for being there for us!!

Suzanne

Suzanne D on 12/31/01 at 15:36 (068250)

You can see that my English is not perfect, either! I should have written that perhaps language translation played a 'role' here, not 'roll'! Maybe I am hungry, or maybe I have been out of school too long! :-) Well, we go back day after tomorrow, so that should take care of that!

Best wishes to all for a Happy and Healing 2002!!!

Re: Suzanne

Carmen H on 12/31/01 at 18:48 (068281)

YOU said it exactly how I feel! I feel we are all part of a 'family' too and no one can understand that....my husband is very glad I have found you all but does not know the depth of my attachment to you ALL (not to my pain). thanks again for your support....and your 'Roll' comment made me giggle.
You're truly a wonderful person and I bet your kids at school miss you!!!!
Carmen