Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Good Feet Store

Posted by brian k on 12/31/01 at 12:30 (068226)

What's the scoop on the orthotics sold by The Good Feet Store? Are they beneficial? Are they better than others? Do you recommend them?

Re: Good Feet Store

Carmen H on 1/01/02 at 09:32 (068324)

Hi Brian! Do a search again on the message board putting in the words Good Feet Store...it should turn up some comments for you. There have been quite a few posts on it I can remember.
Good Luck!

Dr. David S. Wander on 1/01/02 at 16:07 (068365)

Brian,

I would be very careful and enter the Good Feet stores realizing that there will be a hard sell. I practice in Philadelphia and have had patients that have visited their stores in Pennsylvania and in New Jersey. The feedback that I've received is very consistent. The sales people discuss various inserts between approximately $50-$200+. It also seems that the most expensive pairs are almost always determined to be the 'necessary' product. The sales pitch is strong, and patients are asked to stand on an insert to try to prove that the body is now more balanced and aligned. They take a carbon paper type impression and match this with an off the shelf device. This would be fine if the charge was $25.00-$50.00, but their prices seem rather high for an off the shelf product, being sold by a shoe salesman. There is definitely a place for off the shelf inserts. I would talk to your podiatrist or a pedorthist/orthotist that regarding an off the shelf device, to make sure you are being sold a product by a professional with a knowledge of the foot. I know very little about the 'Phase 4' inserts, but at least the charge is about $20.00. That seems a lot more reasonable than over $200.00 for an off the shelf device. Yes, inserts (orthoses) that are purchased from a podiatrist cost more, but are custom made. You are paying for the doctor's expertise, his lab costs, his time and any follow up if there is a problem. The Good Feet Store may have a good product, though the price and the sales tactics appear questionable. The bottom line is that you must make a decision based on your own experience with this store. If you are comfortable with the sales people at the store near you and are comfortable with the product, than it's a simple decision. Good luck.

DR Zuckerman on 1/01/02 at 16:41 (068370)

If you are interested in an excellent off the shelf insert try the powerstep insert. They are sold right here on this web site. I have used them in my office for the past few years . Many patients have done very well with these inserts . I have had pateints not beable to wear custom inserts or the custom inserts did get rid of the pain and the powerstep has done the job. Where can you find an insert with a life time guarantee and a thiry day return poliyc. I just wish that I had invented these fine inserts. I have no interest in the product or the profit of this web site

BG CPed on 1/02/02 at 20:47 (068476)

I 2X Dr Wander comments. He is right on and in a more delicate measured way than I would have said it.

John S. on 1/03/02 at 11:39 (068545)

I spent $550 there for 2 arch supports and some pads. the products are good,but overpriced. CAN YOU TELL ME HOW TO GET INFO ON HFC? hands free crutch? sounds like what i need

Re: Hands Free Crutch

Carole C on 1/03/02 at 16:04 (068567)

John,

Go to this link that Scott posted on the heelspurs.com message board:

https://helius.safe-order.net/cgi-heelspurs/a/b.cgi?p=iwf

I hope it is what you need!

Carole C

Richard, C.Ped on 1/04/02 at 14:33 (068701)

Brian C.Ped...
I think I my comments would have been 2X worse than yours...LOL!
Richard

Carmen H on 1/01/02 at 09:32 (068324)

Hi Brian! Do a search again on the message board putting in the words Good Feet Store...it should turn up some comments for you. There have been quite a few posts on it I can remember.
Good Luck!

Dr. David S. Wander on 1/01/02 at 16:07 (068365)

Brian,

I would be very careful and enter the Good Feet stores realizing that there will be a hard sell. I practice in Philadelphia and have had patients that have visited their stores in Pennsylvania and in New Jersey. The feedback that I've received is very consistent. The sales people discuss various inserts between approximately $50-$200+. It also seems that the most expensive pairs are almost always determined to be the 'necessary' product. The sales pitch is strong, and patients are asked to stand on an insert to try to prove that the body is now more balanced and aligned. They take a carbon paper type impression and match this with an off the shelf device. This would be fine if the charge was $25.00-$50.00, but their prices seem rather high for an off the shelf product, being sold by a shoe salesman. There is definitely a place for off the shelf inserts. I would talk to your podiatrist or a pedorthist/orthotist that regarding an off the shelf device, to make sure you are being sold a product by a professional with a knowledge of the foot. I know very little about the 'Phase 4' inserts, but at least the charge is about $20.00. That seems a lot more reasonable than over $200.00 for an off the shelf device. Yes, inserts (orthoses) that are purchased from a podiatrist cost more, but are custom made. You are paying for the doctor's expertise, his lab costs, his time and any follow up if there is a problem. The Good Feet Store may have a good product, though the price and the sales tactics appear questionable. The bottom line is that you must make a decision based on your own experience with this store. If you are comfortable with the sales people at the store near you and are comfortable with the product, than it's a simple decision. Good luck.

DR Zuckerman on 1/01/02 at 16:41 (068370)

If you are interested in an excellent off the shelf insert try the powerstep insert. They are sold right here on this web site. I have used them in my office for the past few years . Many patients have done very well with these inserts . I have had pateints not beable to wear custom inserts or the custom inserts did get rid of the pain and the powerstep has done the job. Where can you find an insert with a life time guarantee and a thiry day return poliyc. I just wish that I had invented these fine inserts. I have no interest in the product or the profit of this web site

BG CPed on 1/02/02 at 20:47 (068476)

I 2X Dr Wander comments. He is right on and in a more delicate measured way than I would have said it.

John S. on 1/03/02 at 11:39 (068545)

I spent $550 there for 2 arch supports and some pads. the products are good,but overpriced. CAN YOU TELL ME HOW TO GET INFO ON HFC? hands free crutch? sounds like what i need

Re: Hands Free Crutch

Carole C on 1/03/02 at 16:04 (068567)

John,

Go to this link that Scott posted on the heelspurs.com message board:

https://helius.safe-order.net/cgi-heelspurs/a/b.cgi?p=iwf

I hope it is what you need!

Carole C

Richard, C.Ped on 1/04/02 at 14:33 (068701)

Brian C.Ped...
I think I my comments would have been 2X worse than yours...LOL!
Richard