Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

? about Baxter nerve

Posted by Justin C. on 1/01/02 at 17:45 (068378)

I have pain in my foot and the doctor is considering cutting the 'Baxter's nerve'. How will this affect my lifestyle and will it affect the feeling in my foot. Thanks.

Re: ? about Baxter nerve

DR Zuckerman on 1/01/02 at 19:02 (068387)

There is alot of information on this about Baxter's nerve. Very rare not to combine this procedure with a partial cutting of the plantar fascia.
Would need to have more information about you foot to help with an opinion as to why it is being done. Use the search engine to take a look at some of the posters that have had a baxter's procedure.

Ed Davis, DPM on 1/02/02 at 22:19 (068487)

Cutting Baxter's nerve as an isolated procedure is, in my opinion, a questionable surgical treatment.

Have you tried the full range of conservative treatment outlined in Scott's heel pain book before considering surgery?
Ed

DR Zuckerman on 1/01/02 at 19:02 (068387)

There is alot of information on this about Baxter's nerve. Very rare not to combine this procedure with a partial cutting of the plantar fascia.
Would need to have more information about you foot to help with an opinion as to why it is being done. Use the search engine to take a look at some of the posters that have had a baxter's procedure.

Ed Davis, DPM on 1/02/02 at 22:19 (068487)

Cutting Baxter's nerve as an isolated procedure is, in my opinion, a questionable surgical treatment.

Have you tried the full range of conservative treatment outlined in Scott's heel pain book before considering surgery?
Ed