Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

9 weeks post op

Posted by Don on 1/02/02 at 03:01 (068414)

Hello, it has been 9 weeks since I had TTS surgery. The symptoms prior to surgery have not subsided at all. I take 800 mg of Neuronten, 3 times a day. I have the same symptoms in the other foot and surgery is planned on it in a few weeks. A ganglion cyst was removed by the Pod that had wrapped itself around the tibial nerve along with blood vessels. Can anyone help with information? Is this normal? How about permanent damage? Thank You.

Re: 9 weeks post op

Matt L on 1/02/02 at 07:37 (068421)

I know the prognosis for TTS surgery is best for removing space occupying masses such as a cyst. So that would seem to bode well. Typically, improvement is suppose to be possible tts post-op up to twelve months. If the nerve sustained damage it may take some more time to see improvement. Good luck. The bilateral TTS however may deserve a second opinion. Has a general neuropathy been ruled out?

Re: 9 weeks post op

Matt L on 1/02/02 at 07:37 (068421)

I know the prognosis for TTS surgery is best for removing space occupying masses such as a cyst. So that would seem to bode well. Typically, improvement is suppose to be possible tts post-op up to twelve months. If the nerve sustained damage it may take some more time to see improvement. Good luck. The bilateral TTS however may deserve a second opinion. Has a general neuropathy been ruled out?