Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Elliott

Posted by Carmen H on 1/02/02 at 07:04 (068418)

Elliott~

Have you made a decision on visiting a Chiro yet? What is your status on that situation? Just curious if anyone you know has been able to sway you....
Wish there was someone who did NST in your area....

Re: chiro, NST: so many choices, so much indecision

elliott on 1/02/02 at 23:51 (068502)

Still afraid of chiro at this point. NST? You can't expect me to go for something that Ed Davis, DPM, never heard of. :-) (See TTS forum.)

Now that my right foot is not quite so near utter collapse anymore (it's more like just plain old ordinary collapse :-)) and my left foot TTS symptoms have finally settled down enough to get my shoes back on, I decided to join a fitness center, the lowest risk and worth a try. They have several back-specific machines, incline boards, stability balls, and numerous other machines and devices more indirectly related to the back and abs. (I could just cry looking at all those treadmills I can't use.) If nothing else, this will burn off some weight, keep me fit and in better spirits. Had my first lengthy workout today (and of course I'm feeling somewhat better already!). My plan is to give it a few months and see if I'm making progress. If that fails, I'll keep moving slowly one step up the risk ladder: PT, then chiro, then surgery. Might include acupuncture and massage therapy along the way if I can find any convincing evidence that these are likely to offer more than just temporary relief.

------

Carole C on 1/03/02 at 08:42 (068518)

Gee, Elliott!!!!! and here I thought that maybe the reason you disappeared was that you woke up one morning and found your feet were all better again, and went leaping and running off into the distance with cackles of glee!!!!!

I'm sorry that wasn't the case. Keep us posted on what you are doing at the fitness center and what results you are getting. Don't give up on those treadmills; you may be on them one day, maybe sooner than you think. Glad to hear you are feeling better today!

Carole C

Re: no, I was feeling better yesterday :-) (nm)

elliott on 1/03/02 at 08:58 (068521)

Re: Doggone it, that is the pits!

Carole C on 1/03/02 at 09:33 (068527)

Well fooey!

Maybe if you can rest your feet today you will feel better again tomorrow. :)

I am sending all the leaping, bounding, gleeful thoughts I can in your direction to help heal your feet! With any luck mine are healing too.

Carole C

Re: hey, I'm talking "back"! (not the same as "talking back" :-))

elliott on 1/03/02 at 10:00 (068533)

Today you said you're glad I'm doing better today. But it was yesterday's post where I said I was feeling better. Today is a bright new day! Then you said rest my feet so they can be better, but all along I was talking about my back. (Hard communicating over this medium.) But thanks for the nice thoughts! They came thru loud and clear.

I've noticed that following a nice back workout (machines or yoga), it seems to be better for several hours immediately afterwards (the harder the workout, the longer and stronger the relief), then regresses to worse than it was before the workout, then positively rebounds, but not quite back to the first level, then slowly regresses back to the initial level. Anyone know what that means?

-----

Carole C on 1/03/02 at 11:10 (068543)

Hmm! Not a clue. Maybe it feels better right away from the increased circulation but beyond that I'm stumped.

Well I know you were talking about your back, but do you mean to say that your feet are just ducky? If your feet don't hurt at all then at least you are making more progress than most of us! Be nice to me, I'm almost a newbie. All I know about you is that you are 'honorary doctor' and have been on this board nearly forever. (grin)

Carole C

Re: I'm being nice, aren't I?

elliott on 1/03/02 at 12:52 (068547)

I wouldn't want to further lower your opinion of men. :-)

I didn't say my feet were better. And I have not been on this board forever (as a matter of fact, I came on right before you). Furthermore...

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Re: Of course you are! :)

Carole C on 1/03/02 at 15:30 (068560)

And as long as you don't stand me up on New Years Eve, I'll continue to think that you are a sweet guy. (grin)

I thought you had been here forever. Oh well! So, ARE your feet better? How are they feeling today? Should I ask? LOL

Carole C

elliott on 1/02/02 at 23:51 (068502)

Still afraid of chiro at this point. NST? You can't expect me to go for something that Ed Davis, DPM, never heard of. :-) (See TTS forum.)

Now that my right foot is not quite so near utter collapse anymore (it's more like just plain old ordinary collapse :-)) and my left foot TTS symptoms have finally settled down enough to get my shoes back on, I decided to join a fitness center, the lowest risk and worth a try. They have several back-specific machines, incline boards, stability balls, and numerous other machines and devices more indirectly related to the back and abs. (I could just cry looking at all those treadmills I can't use.) If nothing else, this will burn off some weight, keep me fit and in better spirits. Had my first lengthy workout today (and of course I'm feeling somewhat better already!). My plan is to give it a few months and see if I'm making progress. If that fails, I'll keep moving slowly one step up the risk ladder: PT, then chiro, then surgery. Might include acupuncture and massage therapy along the way if I can find any convincing evidence that these are likely to offer more than just temporary relief.

------

Carole C on 1/03/02 at 08:42 (068518)

Gee, Elliott!!!!! and here I thought that maybe the reason you disappeared was that you woke up one morning and found your feet were all better again, and went leaping and running off into the distance with cackles of glee!!!!!

I'm sorry that wasn't the case. Keep us posted on what you are doing at the fitness center and what results you are getting. Don't give up on those treadmills; you may be on them one day, maybe sooner than you think. Glad to hear you are feeling better today!

Carole C

Re: no, I was feeling better yesterday :-) (nm)

elliott on 1/03/02 at 08:58 (068521)

Re: Doggone it, that is the pits!

Carole C on 1/03/02 at 09:33 (068527)

Well fooey!

Maybe if you can rest your feet today you will feel better again tomorrow. :)

I am sending all the leaping, bounding, gleeful thoughts I can in your direction to help heal your feet! With any luck mine are healing too.

Carole C

elliott on 1/03/02 at 10:00 (068533)

Today you said you're glad I'm doing better today. But it was yesterday's post where I said I was feeling better. Today is a bright new day! Then you said rest my feet so they can be better, but all along I was talking about my back. (Hard communicating over this medium.) But thanks for the nice thoughts! They came thru loud and clear.

I've noticed that following a nice back workout (machines or yoga), it seems to be better for several hours immediately afterwards (the harder the workout, the longer and stronger the relief), then regresses to worse than it was before the workout, then positively rebounds, but not quite back to the first level, then slowly regresses back to the initial level. Anyone know what that means?

-----

Carole C on 1/03/02 at 11:10 (068543)

Hmm! Not a clue. Maybe it feels better right away from the increased circulation but beyond that I'm stumped.

Well I know you were talking about your back, but do you mean to say that your feet are just ducky? If your feet don't hurt at all then at least you are making more progress than most of us! Be nice to me, I'm almost a newbie. All I know about you is that you are 'honorary doctor' and have been on this board nearly forever. (grin)

Carole C

Re: I'm being nice, aren't I?

elliott on 1/03/02 at 12:52 (068547)

I wouldn't want to further lower your opinion of men. :-)

I didn't say my feet were better. And I have not been on this board forever (as a matter of fact, I came on right before you). Furthermore...

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Re: Of course you are! :)

Carole C on 1/03/02 at 15:30 (068560)

And as long as you don't stand me up on New Years Eve, I'll continue to think that you are a sweet guy. (grin)

I thought you had been here forever. Oh well! So, ARE your feet better? How are they feeling today? Should I ask? LOL

Carole C