Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Report after 23 days with custom orthotics

Posted by Carole C on 1/02/02 at 09:46 (068432)

I'm doing pretty well with my custom orthotics after 23 days with them. I am still trying to rest my feet a lot and stretch, because these have been as important to my recovery as the orthotics. However it's difficult to keep this up quite as consistently as I did the first couple of weeks.

On the other hand, I can tell that my feet are still healing at this point and not completely healed or anything like that. I have problems (ripping, tearing feelings in my PF) if I stand and confer for too long at work and I try to avoid it. I feel absolutely certain that if I tried to shower without my shower stool right now I'd suffer a lot of damage, so I don't. I can do limited shopping, which is nice. I do not suffer much pain now, probably a level 2. Previous to getting my orthotics I was in excruciating pain, probably level 8 whether standing or sitting and could hardly walk at all, and spent a lot of time in tears feeling desperate and getting support from all of you here.

So far, I have not gone back to get my orthotics adjusted at all. They seem to still be very good for my feet. Is that unusual? I thought usually they need to be adjusted after a couple of weeks, but so far I can't imagine what could make them work better, for now. Maybe later when I am going to malls and such that might change.

Carole C

Re: Report after 23 days with custom orthotics

Richard, C.Ped on 1/02/02 at 11:19 (068437)

Thats great news carol. It is not unusual to not need an adjustment. Keep us informed.
Richard

Carole C on 1/02/02 at 12:42 (068441)

OH good! I'm glad to hear that. Thanks! and I will :)

Carole C

Richard, C.Ped on 1/02/02 at 11:19 (068437)

Thats great news carol. It is not unusual to not need an adjustment. Keep us informed.
Richard

Carole C on 1/02/02 at 12:42 (068441)

OH good! I'm glad to hear that. Thanks! and I will :)

Carole C