Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

EPF 9/6; Still in PT

Posted by EKC on 1/03/02 at 07:52 (068515)

Ihad EPF done on Sept 9, 2001. I am in my ~14th week of Physical Therapy. Apparently I still
have inflammation, scar tissue build up, and now have been (finally) diagnosed w/Tarsel Tunnel.
I still cannot stand or wallk longer than a few minutes. I honestly don't feel any better than
before the surgury although I admit to having some good days and some bad days post-op.

My question is: How long do you think I'll be in PT? I'm doing exercises, UltraSound,
ELec Stim, and I ice everyday.

THanks.

Re: EPF 9/6; Still in PT

Ed Davis, DPM on 1/03/02 at 22:09 (068618)

I think that it needs to be better determined if the pain you are having is from TTS or the plantar fasciitis that you may have had. It appears questionable, based on the information you have provided that the plantar fasciitis was the cause of your heel pain since you should see fairly significant improvement by now if that was the culprit. I would consider further investigation of your heel pain with a workup for TTS.
Ed

Re: Workup for TTS?

EKC on 1/04/02 at 07:24 (068651)

The Neurologists said he thought most of my pain was from the PF. The Podiatrist says
the PT will hopefully decrease some of the inflammation surrounding the Tarsal Canal.
What can be done for TTS besides surgury?
What do you mean by 'WOrkup for TTS'?

Ed Davis, DPM on 1/05/02 at 11:08 (068807)

TTS is diagnosed via clinical signs and nerve conduction velocity testing (NCV).
Ed

Re: EPF 9/6; Still in PT

Ed Davis, DPM on 1/03/02 at 22:09 (068618)

I think that it needs to be better determined if the pain you are having is from TTS or the plantar fasciitis that you may have had. It appears questionable, based on the information you have provided that the plantar fasciitis was the cause of your heel pain since you should see fairly significant improvement by now if that was the culprit. I would consider further investigation of your heel pain with a workup for TTS.
Ed

EKC on 1/04/02 at 07:24 (068651)

The Neurologists said he thought most of my pain was from the PF. The Podiatrist says
the PT will hopefully decrease some of the inflammation surrounding the Tarsal Canal.
What can be done for TTS besides surgury?
What do you mean by 'WOrkup for TTS'?

Ed Davis, DPM on 1/05/02 at 11:08 (068807)

TTS is diagnosed via clinical signs and nerve conduction velocity testing (NCV).
Ed