Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

update

Posted by JudyS on 1/03/02 at 14:10 (068552)

Hi folks, as I was out for a short stroll this morning, I realized that I hadn't updated my post-ESWT condition here in quite a while so...here I am!
I had my second treatment around Sept. 28. As with the first, I definately had noticable improvement but sooner - at the three week mark as opposed to the eight week mark. Unfortunately, though, I relapsed a bit at about the 8-10 week mark this time. Possibly just because of the holiday and work overload. Now, at about the 14 week mark, and after being off my feet for a week due to a cold virus, I can safely say that one foot seems to be near 100% with the other (always the worst of the two) continuing with some nagging (though still reduced) insertion soreness with too much use. Like most PF veterans, I continue to baby them with ice, ibuprofen, good shoes, etc. I will qualify that a bit by saying that these days I can more easily wear regular street shoes (like my favorite Bass slip-ons) for several hours if I want. A year ago that was impossible due to pain as well as swelling.
Just as an aside, I was, to be sure, a PF victim who was completely incapacitated by it. I could't walk or stand for five minutes, had lots of dispair, and so on. Don't know if I'll ever be a regular runner again but it's pure bliss just to get through a normal day.

Re: update

DR Zuckerman on 1/03/02 at 18:30 (068587)

Hi

Glad that you are doing well. Let me know how things keep healing. Have a happy and healthy new year

Re: update

DR Zuckerman on 1/03/02 at 18:30 (068587)

Hi

Glad that you are doing well. Let me know how things keep healing. Have a happy and healthy new year