Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

wow, a great new feature

Posted by nancy s. on 1/03/02 at 22:02 (068616)

thank you, scott! today, for the very first time, i'm able to 'view all messages,' respond to one, and land back in the 'view all messages' list to respond to another one, after which i AGAIN land back in the 'view all messages' to respond to as many as i want. i can't believe it -- this is WONDERFUL! i know you've got bigger stuff on your mind today, so i don't know how this feature got here, but to me it's a biggie in dealing with the board and so my hat is off to you . . . again.
nancy

Re: wow, a great new feature

Scott R on 1/03/02 at 22:12 (068621)

Nancy, I haven't changed anything. If you are inside a specific message board where you don't have to select the category, then it will send you to the specific message board index. I know the quirk you're talking about.

nancy s. on 1/04/02 at 00:04 (068645)

scott, i think it's something else new that's happening. suddenly, today, when i click to reply to a message from the 'view all,' a smaller window appears with space for my reply. i still see the bigger 'view all' list in the larger window behind it, so after replying i click on the bigger window behind and bring it forward, and voila, there's my 'view all' list again, still intact and ready for me to reply to another post.

i've never had this smaller window pop up for me to post in. before it was a bigger window that would simply replace the 'view all' window and i'd never see the 'view all' window again.

maybe this is a great imac feature that i somehow stumbled on by accident. hope it lasts. maybe everyone else has always been able to do this! wow -- after two years, that thought hurts.
n.

Scott R on 1/04/02 at 07:29 (068652)

Nancy, I hate to tell you, but that other window was always there popping up on top of the other window, except not on webTV. You're noticing it now because it's smaller than the first one.

nancy s. on 1/04/02 at 08:30 (068654)

oh my. you're right, aren't you. yesterday i just accidentally made the response window smaller -- didn't know i was the one who did it.
now, just before i wrote this, i made it smaller on purpose, and yep, sure enough, i have the whole setup just as i always wished for it. heh heh.
well at least it wasn't possible with webtv, so i didn't miss any opportunities there.
and i've had the computer only since the summer, so at least it didn't take me another two years to find out!
ok, now i'm sailing. thanks, scott.
n.

JudyS on 1/04/02 at 19:04 (068750)

it's not you, Nancy, it's the Mac.....
Silly Macs anyway :)

nancy s. on 1/04/02 at 22:05 (068772)

ok judy, is that a compliment for me, the mac, or neither?
i love my mac and hug it every day.
i sure wish scott would erase my headline for this thread. it looks to me like it's screaming 'nancy s. is an idiot!' But don't worry, i can take it.

Scott R on 1/03/02 at 22:12 (068621)

Nancy, I haven't changed anything. If you are inside a specific message board where you don't have to select the category, then it will send you to the specific message board index. I know the quirk you're talking about.

nancy s. on 1/04/02 at 00:04 (068645)

scott, i think it's something else new that's happening. suddenly, today, when i click to reply to a message from the 'view all,' a smaller window appears with space for my reply. i still see the bigger 'view all' list in the larger window behind it, so after replying i click on the bigger window behind and bring it forward, and voila, there's my 'view all' list again, still intact and ready for me to reply to another post.

i've never had this smaller window pop up for me to post in. before it was a bigger window that would simply replace the 'view all' window and i'd never see the 'view all' window again.

maybe this is a great imac feature that i somehow stumbled on by accident. hope it lasts. maybe everyone else has always been able to do this! wow -- after two years, that thought hurts.
n.

Scott R on 1/04/02 at 07:29 (068652)

Nancy, I hate to tell you, but that other window was always there popping up on top of the other window, except not on webTV. You're noticing it now because it's smaller than the first one.

nancy s. on 1/04/02 at 08:30 (068654)

oh my. you're right, aren't you. yesterday i just accidentally made the response window smaller -- didn't know i was the one who did it.
now, just before i wrote this, i made it smaller on purpose, and yep, sure enough, i have the whole setup just as i always wished for it. heh heh.
well at least it wasn't possible with webtv, so i didn't miss any opportunities there.
and i've had the computer only since the summer, so at least it didn't take me another two years to find out!
ok, now i'm sailing. thanks, scott.
n.

JudyS on 1/04/02 at 19:04 (068750)

it's not you, Nancy, it's the Mac.....
Silly Macs anyway :)

nancy s. on 1/04/02 at 22:05 (068772)

ok judy, is that a compliment for me, the mac, or neither?
i love my mac and hug it every day.
i sure wish scott would erase my headline for this thread. it looks to me like it's screaming 'nancy s. is an idiot!' But don't worry, i can take it.