Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ESWT and Inducing Unintended Pain

Posted by Lars R. on 1/04/02 at 11:18 (068675)

Seeking information, research or antidotal re subject. What is
experience in pain indications in patient during treatment with ESWT?

Re: ESWT and Inducing Unintended Pain

Dr. Zuckerman on 1/04/02 at 11:40 (068676)

The amount of pain during ESWT treatment is very pateint dependent. Some will need no anethetic , some will need an ankle block, very rarely do you need IV sedation.

Re: surprise effects of ESWT

Dr. Zuckerman on 1/04/02 at 13:45 (068692)

I always wanted to be spider man. He was my favorite. I am really thinking
about zapping myself with the big O and then heading to Washington as Spiderman . I will web the entire FDA building in just 3000 shocks. Yes Dr. Z is losing his mind. Ok all joking aside. Its time to get back to helping feet and stop talking FDA' big o, litttle o is a waste of time for the people out there who are in pain. ESWT will survive on its own merits if it is meant too and ESWT machines will be sold if they are the right price and have the best service. Its that simple.

Re: surprise effects of ESWT-few surprises--it is just a "meat tenderizer"

Ed Davis, DPM on 1/04/02 at 14:48 (068706)

Just a meat tenderizer....

Dr. Marlene Reid on 1/06/02 at 23:25 (069025)

I have not had any patients that required any type of pain medicine after a treatment. With the OssaTron, the treatment is painful and does require some type of anesthesia, but is intended for a single treatment.

john h on 1/07/02 at 13:49 (069074)

elliott at the moment I am moving more like Tim Conway when he does that old man slow motion seen from the Carol Burnett Show.

Dr. Zuckerman on 1/04/02 at 11:40 (068676)

The amount of pain during ESWT treatment is very pateint dependent. Some will need no anethetic , some will need an ankle block, very rarely do you need IV sedation.

Dr. Zuckerman on 1/04/02 at 13:45 (068692)

I always wanted to be spider man. He was my favorite. I am really thinking
about zapping myself with the big O and then heading to Washington as Spiderman . I will web the entire FDA building in just 3000 shocks. Yes Dr. Z is losing his mind. Ok all joking aside. Its time to get back to helping feet and stop talking FDA' big o, litttle o is a waste of time for the people out there who are in pain. ESWT will survive on its own merits if it is meant too and ESWT machines will be sold if they are the right price and have the best service. Its that simple.

Re: surprise effects of ESWT-few surprises--it is just a "meat tenderizer"

Ed Davis, DPM on 1/04/02 at 14:48 (068706)

Just a meat tenderizer....

Dr. Marlene Reid on 1/06/02 at 23:25 (069025)

I have not had any patients that required any type of pain medicine after a treatment. With the OssaTron, the treatment is painful and does require some type of anesthesia, but is intended for a single treatment.

john h on 1/07/02 at 13:49 (069074)

elliott at the moment I am moving more like Tim Conway when he does that old man slow motion seen from the Carol Burnett Show.