Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Elliot...calling Elliot...do you read me? : )

Posted by rebecca h on 1/04/02 at 15:06 (068713)

Hi,

Thought that you would see that, in case you didn't scroll down to our other conversation : )

I just called Road Runner Sports to order the Brooks Addiction. the widest they had was B. I asked them if they had the equivalent in a men's shoe. Nope. Not in the size I would need. So now I'm wondering....You said you have a wide forefoot. What width did you get?

Thanks in advance.
rebecca

Re: loud and clear

elliott on 1/05/02 at 21:21 (068883)

I got the standard men's D width (sized up 1/2 size as instructed) and it's fine. When I say I have a wide forefoot, what I mean is that I find many regular D width running, walking, and dress shoes to be perfect everywhere but too tight in the forefoot and toes, so I need to find a shoe having a bit more room. At the same time, my heel is narrower and my instep lower, so I can't go up to a wide, cuz then the shoe's heel will fit too loose and the eyelets will meet each over the instep without the ability to lace up tight. So finding shoes that fit can be tough. But I'm not grossly wide in forefoot, and hope you aren't either (unless you're wide throughout), cuz then fit becomes a bear. I'll warn you again that the heel/lace area should fit snug; if you must go to a wide for the toebox only at the expense of the heel, it's a guarantee it won't work for your problem.

Here's another link:

http://www.holabirdsports.com/cgi-bin/product?product=630123&group=5

Best prices in the world, low shipping charges. I've used them before and they're reputable. Looks like they have this shoe in both medium and wide (click on the drop-down menu to see). Give 'em a call and see if they have your size/width. If they have it and you order and it doesn't work, just blame me! Seriously, a proper shoe is a good start, and you may see a big difference. But if you have a serious case of PTTD, more drastic measures may also be necessary.

Re: those ARE good prices!

rebecca h on 1/06/02 at 19:46 (068996)

Thanks Elliot! I'm ordering some. I'll tell you how they work out.

rebecca on 1/08/02 at 13:20 (069218)

they also have my husband's favorite running shoes for alot less than he has found. COOL. By the way, I am not a representative of whatever that was. Holabird? holasport? Well, you know. Anyway, I did order the shoes and they should be here in a few days... And if they don't work, well I won't give up. I won't give up. I won't give up. There's gotta be some shoes somewhere out there if they can send a man to the moon...

Re: loud and clear

elliott on 1/05/02 at 21:21 (068883)

I got the standard men's D width (sized up 1/2 size as instructed) and it's fine. When I say I have a wide forefoot, what I mean is that I find many regular D width running, walking, and dress shoes to be perfect everywhere but too tight in the forefoot and toes, so I need to find a shoe having a bit more room. At the same time, my heel is narrower and my instep lower, so I can't go up to a wide, cuz then the shoe's heel will fit too loose and the eyelets will meet each over the instep without the ability to lace up tight. So finding shoes that fit can be tough. But I'm not grossly wide in forefoot, and hope you aren't either (unless you're wide throughout), cuz then fit becomes a bear. I'll warn you again that the heel/lace area should fit snug; if you must go to a wide for the toebox only at the expense of the heel, it's a guarantee it won't work for your problem.

Here's another link:

http://www.holabirdsports.com/cgi-bin/product?product=630123&group=5

Best prices in the world, low shipping charges. I've used them before and they're reputable. Looks like they have this shoe in both medium and wide (click on the drop-down menu to see). Give 'em a call and see if they have your size/width. If they have it and you order and it doesn't work, just blame me! Seriously, a proper shoe is a good start, and you may see a big difference. But if you have a serious case of PTTD, more drastic measures may also be necessary.

rebecca h on 1/06/02 at 19:46 (068996)

Thanks Elliot! I'm ordering some. I'll tell you how they work out.

rebecca on 1/08/02 at 13:20 (069218)

they also have my husband's favorite running shoes for alot less than he has found. COOL. By the way, I am not a representative of whatever that was. Holabird? holasport? Well, you know. Anyway, I did order the shoes and they should be here in a few days... And if they don't work, well I won't give up. I won't give up. I won't give up. There's gotta be some shoes somewhere out there if they can send a man to the moon...