Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Heelspurs on the inside of the heelbone

Posted by Dale on 1/04/02 at 23:01 (068776)

I have a heelspur on the inside of each of my heelbones, almost where the foot begins to make an arch. Is this common and could it be caused by the way I walk? I have done aerobic/step dancing for years and have also gained 30 pounds in the last 4 years. I never did ask my doctor how they formed.

Re: Heelspurs on the inside of the heelbone

Dr. Zuckeman on 1/05/02 at 10:10 (068800)

Hi,

This sounds like it is near your navicular bone. This is the bone that curves downward in the arch area. Sometimes there is an extra bone in that area . It can rub against the shoe . There are also tendons in that area that can become inflamed. You are born with these bones and they can become a painful problem with excercise or abnormal foot function

Re: Heelspurs on the inside of the heelbone

Dr. Zuckeman on 1/05/02 at 10:10 (068800)

Hi,

This sounds like it is near your navicular bone. This is the bone that curves downward in the arch area. Sometimes there is an extra bone in that area . It can rub against the shoe . There are also tendons in that area that can become inflamed. You are born with these bones and they can become a painful problem with excercise or abnormal foot function