Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Once a PF always a PF sufferer?

Posted by Abby on 1/04/02 at 23:07 (068777)

Once you have PF will it always be bothersome? I know all the things to do to help alleviate the pain. I still have 40 excess pounds to lose. Once this is accomplished, do you think I will be rid of this problem? I have heelspurs on both feet and an ankle spur.

Re: Once a PF always a PF sufferer?

Carole C on 1/04/02 at 23:30 (068780)

I am curious about this too. How about for those whose PF appears in middle age as the result of repetitive motion?

Will the feet of that sort of person generally be more prone to repeated episodes of PF once the first episode of PF has happened?

Is there undue risk of repeated PF if a recovered patient is barefoot at home, if they don't continue the repetitive motion that caused the original PF?

Carole C

Re: Once a PF always a PF sufferer?

Carole C on 1/04/02 at 23:30 (068780)

I am curious about this too. How about for those whose PF appears in middle age as the result of repetitive motion?

Will the feet of that sort of person generally be more prone to repeated episodes of PF once the first episode of PF has happened?

Is there undue risk of repeated PF if a recovered patient is barefoot at home, if they don't continue the repetitive motion that caused the original PF?

Carole C