Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

To ,my internet buddies

Posted by wendyn on 1/04/02 at 23:59 (068785)

For the better part of the last 3 weeks I've been off work. It has been a great rest, and the longer I'm away THE LESS I want to go back!

I've read lots, watched movies, did some baking and real cooking for a change, I've spent time with my family, visited lots with friends I haven't seen much - and I've been able to spend LOTS of free time surfing the net and following the board.

But, it's back to reality - I go back tomorrow for a bit and then back full time on Monday. And, it's year-end so my days will be LONG and tiring again.

I just wanted to let you know - and if there's any direct questions for me...please mark 'em with big letters (not as big as Scott and his 'ORGASM' though)....or drop me a note at (email removed).

Re: To ,my internet buddies

Carmen on 1/05/02 at 07:31 (068789)

It's nice being off isn't it Wendy?
Well stay with us as much as you can.....
good luck!!!

Carole C on 1/05/02 at 07:47 (068790)

Wendy, I'm glad you chose to spend some of your vacation time with us on the board! You taught me some things, shared some things, and I learned a little bit more about Canada from you. I hope you have time to peek in now and then. :)

Carole C

alan k on 1/05/02 at 11:13 (068808)

I go back to work too, ugh. Actually I have big event coming up in the meantime but I can't seem to get to work on it. I like the board better and I'm not sure why.

See you next time you come up for air.

alan

Necee on 1/05/02 at 11:57 (068814)

Hi Wendy,
I didn't realize you were off too. I was off work the entire month of Dec. I didn't return till Jan 3rd. And boy did I ever enjoy it! There wasn't much time for resting being the holidays and all, but at least I was able to have time to visit with friends and family. That was my main focus this year anyway.
I must admit I got spoiled real quick, being able to stay up late and sleep in the next morning. Its really hard to get back into the old grind.
Happy Trails....
Necee

Suzanne D on 1/05/02 at 12:58 (068819)

Wendy, I am glad you had a nice vacation and wish you the best as you go back to work! I ended up at 'work' at my school ALL NIGHT last night as my youth group at church had a 'lock-in' in our school gym. A school employee had to be there for insurance reasons, so...I was elected! Actually, someone else came at 9, when it began, and then I came in at 1:00 and stayed till the kids went home at 7:00 this morning. Now I can tell my first graders Monday that their teacher spent the night at school! :-)

Valerie S on 1/05/02 at 15:17 (068836)

Wendy...

We don't know each other very well, but I want to tell you that I always read all of your posts, and I think of you as like an icon around here. I don't share your gift of keeping things brief and getting to the point, but I just wanted to let you know that I have long admired you. I don't know how to say it the way you would, but you're just... cool. :)

Thanks for all your caring advice... you are missed when you are not here, and your contributions are unique and valuable. You have a way about you. (And I don't think it's purely Canadian mystique... although I'm sure that helps... :)

Try not to work too hard.

Your admirer from Michigan, Val.

rebecca h on 1/05/02 at 15:29 (068839)

We will miss you, Wendy!

wendyn on 1/05/02 at 16:13 (068846)

I'm not REALLY leaving, just won't be around as much and I'm more likely to miss questions or comments directed at me.

I hate to be left out.... ;)

wendyn on 1/05/02 at 16:15 (068847)

Wow Val.....you're liable to cause a swelling in my head....but thanks...

I'm not really disappearing - I'll just have more 'real life' stuff to deal with again.

Re: To ,my internet buddies/ TO WENDY

nancy s. on 1/05/02 at 17:33 (068857)

ok wendy, did i make those letters big enough? i can't compete with scott.
so THAT's why you've been here a lot. i've noticed that you've posted more, and longer, helpful posts the last few weeks. it didn't occur to me that you might have lost your job. (just kidding.)
no, i just wanted to say it's been really great seeing you around more than usual. i know you'll still be here, but it was nice seeing more of you.
of course, now maybe we can have some more fun stories from your job, like we used to. (hint hint)
take care,
nancy

wendyn on 1/05/02 at 18:00 (068861)

I haven't passed on any good stories lately have I - I don't think since the one when I tossed the new Manager's lunch out.

I will have to think of one.

Laurie R on 1/05/02 at 19:20 (068870)

Hi Wendy , I have always told you how much I appreciate all your help... You have helped me so much along the way , you are very compassionate and caring .... Now I have a question about your job stories ... Do you still have my name on your list of mean people? remember the older man that left me the nasty note on my car for parking in the disabled spot? Just wondering .... Like the others have said , even though you are going back to work , I hope to see you around here ... I will let you know on my up coming surgery ... I will need your positive thoughts coming my way ... Take care and don't work to hard... Laurie R

Tammie on 1/05/02 at 19:25 (068873)

Wendyn,

I suppose it is rough after having some time to relax,going back to work! I always hate vacations because it seems when u return to work it is so hard to get back into shape . Bedtimes , kids , home and work life! So I kinda understand how u must be feeling. It was very good to see you posting and i am always delighted to get any suggestions. ( sometimes it takes me a day or two to accept the advice) as I am a bit hard headed but in the end I always appreciate the kind thoughts and the time it took for someone to answer and care! I thank you for the help you have given and hope that returning to work will not be to awful for u and your family heheh. (my family says when I am stressed the whole house is to)! Take care and hope the New Year is good to you!

wendyn on 1/05/02 at 23:18 (068890)

You have a good memory Laurie!

I had forgotten that I told you about my POO list. I still have the list - but you only get on the POO list for a week. Monday we start fresh and see who can get on my nerves.

The POO list has taken on a life of it's own now, and I have a feeling that even if I tried to take it down - someone would just put it back up again.

But - you are free to use it any time - you let me know if you want someone to spend some time on it.

Did you guys want me to put the FDA on?

nancy s. on 1/06/02 at 06:24 (068895)

laurie, i forgot about that list, and now i need it!

WENDY, can you put my sister-in-law on there? she's being mean to my family, especially my elderly parents, and i can't even sleep because of it. so does this qualify?

i forget: what does POO stand for?
nancy

Re: Oh! Oh! Over here! I've got another one!

Carole C on 1/06/02 at 08:22 (068903)

Can you put Leo on it for standing me up on New Years Eve? Believe it or not I am so infatuated with him that I still haven't been able to bring myself to break things off with him despite this. So he NEEDS to be on the POO list! lol

Carole C

wendyn on 1/06/02 at 09:04 (068920)

Nancy - it's called a POO list because it would be innapropriate for me to put Shit List on my white board at work.

wendyn on 1/06/02 at 09:05 (068921)

Nancy - does your sister-in-law have a name?

JudyS on 1/06/02 at 10:35 (068937)

Wendy, perhaps your PF pals here could cook up a couple of good pranks for you to pull when you return to the jobsite.....
My situation is the opposite of yours - I just finished a two-month, time-intensive stint at the local U, X-mas is done, my family is back to their regular schedules so I'm happy that I can come back to a little more time here! But I'll miss you!

JudyS on 1/06/02 at 10:41 (068939)

Osama and Omar

JudyS on 1/06/02 at 10:42 (068940)

Carole, let's skip the POO list for Leo and send him straight to the female firing squad here on the message boards.......we'll set him straight in a heartbeat!

Re: Leo

Carole C on 1/06/02 at 10:49 (068942)

LOL!!! Well the worst part is that I haven't even broken up with him about it yet. I'm so infatuated with him! I need to get my head out of the clouds and get tough but instead I just keep daydreaming about him. LOL

Carole C

nancy s. on 1/06/02 at 12:24 (068957)

wendy: of course that's what it stands for! that makes me two idiots in one week. i deserve a prize.

the name is ANNE.
thanks, wendy.
nancy

Re: The Official POO list

Carole C on 1/06/02 at 12:38 (068959)

OK, Wendy since you are busy, we can help you start the POO list:

1. Anne
2. Leo
3. ?

Any more, anyone?

Carole C

Re: Back to Nancy

wendyn on 1/06/02 at 13:11 (068963)

You are funny Nancy.

JudyS on 1/06/02 at 13:16 (068964)

Osama and Omar

Re: The funny work story

wendyn on 1/06/02 at 13:26 (068965)

Thanks Judy - but I seem to fall into enough pranks and trouble ALL BY MYSELF.

OH! That reminds me of a funny story (just for you Laurie).

First of all, let me point out that through the entire course of my life - if I EVER do anything wrong, I get caught. It's very unfair. I had just pointed this out to my boss a few months ago.

My birthday was at the end of November, and throughout Oct and Nov I worked 6 days a week, and very long days. I was exhausted. I decided that I'd take the Friday afternoon of my birthday off, and then just go out for a few beers with a friend. Relax - and misbehave a bit for a change.

To make a long story a little shorter... plans changed. I ended up not being able to take the afternoon off because I ended up in a training session at 3:00 that afternoon( who does training at 3 on a Friday afternoon?).

I decided to take just a later lunch with my buddy - and then come back for the training. So, off we went at 12:30 - had a nice LONG relaxing lunch, and I had TWO glasses of wine. Rarely, I will have one at lunch - but NEVER two (goes right to my head).

I sauntered back into work at about 2:30 (feeling pretty relaxed and happy)- thinking no one would miss me and besides...they owe me at LEAST that in return for all the extra hours - but really - who would even notice?

Minutes later, a coworker came and told me there was an emergency meeting in the boardroom - and they needed the whole team together ASAP. But, she had a really funny smile on her face.

As I walked down to the boardroom - there was NO ONE in the office, they were all GONE.

Walked in the room and there was 40 people crammed in there with a Birthday cake waiting for me - wondering where the hell I had been.

I have NEVER been so embarassed in my whole life.

They had gone in the first time at 2:00, and when I was no where to be found they decided to regroup at 2:30...they'd almost given up thinking that I was never coming back.

What made it worse was that it was a little round cake - and there were all those people! They excpected me to serve cake! I took my piece and went back to my desk.

They all found the whole thing very amusing....I on the have been traumatized for life.

Carole C on 1/06/02 at 13:57 (068966)

Oh, I forgot! OK:

1. Anne
2. Leo
3. Osama
4. Omar (or is it Moammar?)

Carole C

Carole C on 1/06/02 at 13:58 (068967)

Oh Wendy, I would have died!!!!! ROFL What a story!

Carole C

Laurie R on 1/06/02 at 14:21 (068971)

Wendy , On my God , This is to funny!! Should we all send a letter to your boss and tell him or her how much we enjoy you here? This way they can give you let's say , 15 minutes a day to chat with us ??? I know you are a fast typer and 15 minutes would be good enough ... What do you think ? Laurie R

Re: hey, WHAT'S with the CARMEN imitation?

elliott on 1/06/02 at 15:06 (068973)

As if WE didn't NOTICE. :-)

wendyn on 1/06/02 at 16:02 (068980)

I've always thrown in a FEW caps here and there for emphasis.

But I am making a SPECIAL point just for YOU Elliott.

;)

wendyn on 1/06/02 at 16:03 (068981)

Don't worry Laurie, I'll still be around!

Carmen on 1/07/02 at 12:42 (069063)

Elliott poor elliott.....WHY WOULD YOU LET SUCH A SMALL THING BE THE FOCAL POINT OF ALL YOUR FRUSTRATIONS? YOU ALREADY HAVE ENOUGH TO DEAL WITH!
heee hee hee
Pushing buttons....
:-)

JudyS on 1/07/02 at 15:45 (069096)

Muhammad Omar is Osama's second-in-command....

Carole C on 1/07/02 at 16:01 (069103)

Oh! See? I am learning world politics on the board as well as learning about feet. I didn't know that Omar was Bin Laden's second in command. I thought you were talking about Moammar Khadafi. (grin)

Carole C

Carmen on 1/05/02 at 07:31 (068789)

It's nice being off isn't it Wendy?
Well stay with us as much as you can.....
good luck!!!

Carole C on 1/05/02 at 07:47 (068790)

Wendy, I'm glad you chose to spend some of your vacation time with us on the board! You taught me some things, shared some things, and I learned a little bit more about Canada from you. I hope you have time to peek in now and then. :)

Carole C

alan k on 1/05/02 at 11:13 (068808)

I go back to work too, ugh. Actually I have big event coming up in the meantime but I can't seem to get to work on it. I like the board better and I'm not sure why.

See you next time you come up for air.

alan

Necee on 1/05/02 at 11:57 (068814)

Hi Wendy,
I didn't realize you were off too. I was off work the entire month of Dec. I didn't return till Jan 3rd. And boy did I ever enjoy it! There wasn't much time for resting being the holidays and all, but at least I was able to have time to visit with friends and family. That was my main focus this year anyway.
I must admit I got spoiled real quick, being able to stay up late and sleep in the next morning. Its really hard to get back into the old grind.
Happy Trails....
Necee

Suzanne D on 1/05/02 at 12:58 (068819)

Wendy, I am glad you had a nice vacation and wish you the best as you go back to work! I ended up at 'work' at my school ALL NIGHT last night as my youth group at church had a 'lock-in' in our school gym. A school employee had to be there for insurance reasons, so...I was elected! Actually, someone else came at 9, when it began, and then I came in at 1:00 and stayed till the kids went home at 7:00 this morning. Now I can tell my first graders Monday that their teacher spent the night at school! :-)

Valerie S on 1/05/02 at 15:17 (068836)

Wendy...

We don't know each other very well, but I want to tell you that I always read all of your posts, and I think of you as like an icon around here. I don't share your gift of keeping things brief and getting to the point, but I just wanted to let you know that I have long admired you. I don't know how to say it the way you would, but you're just... cool. :)

Thanks for all your caring advice... you are missed when you are not here, and your contributions are unique and valuable. You have a way about you. (And I don't think it's purely Canadian mystique... although I'm sure that helps... :)

Try not to work too hard.

Your admirer from Michigan, Val.

rebecca h on 1/05/02 at 15:29 (068839)

We will miss you, Wendy!

wendyn on 1/05/02 at 16:13 (068846)

I'm not REALLY leaving, just won't be around as much and I'm more likely to miss questions or comments directed at me.

I hate to be left out.... ;)

wendyn on 1/05/02 at 16:15 (068847)

Wow Val.....you're liable to cause a swelling in my head....but thanks...

I'm not really disappearing - I'll just have more 'real life' stuff to deal with again.

nancy s. on 1/05/02 at 17:33 (068857)

ok wendy, did i make those letters big enough? i can't compete with scott.
so THAT's why you've been here a lot. i've noticed that you've posted more, and longer, helpful posts the last few weeks. it didn't occur to me that you might have lost your job. (just kidding.)
no, i just wanted to say it's been really great seeing you around more than usual. i know you'll still be here, but it was nice seeing more of you.
of course, now maybe we can have some more fun stories from your job, like we used to. (hint hint)
take care,
nancy

wendyn on 1/05/02 at 18:00 (068861)

I haven't passed on any good stories lately have I - I don't think since the one when I tossed the new Manager's lunch out.

I will have to think of one.

Laurie R on 1/05/02 at 19:20 (068870)

Hi Wendy , I have always told you how much I appreciate all your help... You have helped me so much along the way , you are very compassionate and caring .... Now I have a question about your job stories ... Do you still have my name on your list of mean people? remember the older man that left me the nasty note on my car for parking in the disabled spot? Just wondering .... Like the others have said , even though you are going back to work , I hope to see you around here ... I will let you know on my up coming surgery ... I will need your positive thoughts coming my way ... Take care and don't work to hard... Laurie R

Tammie on 1/05/02 at 19:25 (068873)

Wendyn,

I suppose it is rough after having some time to relax,going back to work! I always hate vacations because it seems when u return to work it is so hard to get back into shape . Bedtimes , kids , home and work life! So I kinda understand how u must be feeling. It was very good to see you posting and i am always delighted to get any suggestions. ( sometimes it takes me a day or two to accept the advice) as I am a bit hard headed but in the end I always appreciate the kind thoughts and the time it took for someone to answer and care! I thank you for the help you have given and hope that returning to work will not be to awful for u and your family heheh. (my family says when I am stressed the whole house is to)! Take care and hope the New Year is good to you!

wendyn on 1/05/02 at 23:18 (068890)

You have a good memory Laurie!

I had forgotten that I told you about my POO list. I still have the list - but you only get on the POO list for a week. Monday we start fresh and see who can get on my nerves.

The POO list has taken on a life of it's own now, and I have a feeling that even if I tried to take it down - someone would just put it back up again.

But - you are free to use it any time - you let me know if you want someone to spend some time on it.

Did you guys want me to put the FDA on?

nancy s. on 1/06/02 at 06:24 (068895)

laurie, i forgot about that list, and now i need it!

WENDY, can you put my sister-in-law on there? she's being mean to my family, especially my elderly parents, and i can't even sleep because of it. so does this qualify?

i forget: what does POO stand for?
nancy

Carole C on 1/06/02 at 08:22 (068903)

Can you put Leo on it for standing me up on New Years Eve? Believe it or not I am so infatuated with him that I still haven't been able to bring myself to break things off with him despite this. So he NEEDS to be on the POO list! lol

Carole C

wendyn on 1/06/02 at 09:04 (068920)

Nancy - it's called a POO list because it would be innapropriate for me to put Shit List on my white board at work.

wendyn on 1/06/02 at 09:05 (068921)

Nancy - does your sister-in-law have a name?

JudyS on 1/06/02 at 10:35 (068937)

Wendy, perhaps your PF pals here could cook up a couple of good pranks for you to pull when you return to the jobsite.....
My situation is the opposite of yours - I just finished a two-month, time-intensive stint at the local U, X-mas is done, my family is back to their regular schedules so I'm happy that I can come back to a little more time here! But I'll miss you!

JudyS on 1/06/02 at 10:41 (068939)

Osama and Omar

JudyS on 1/06/02 at 10:42 (068940)

Carole, let's skip the POO list for Leo and send him straight to the female firing squad here on the message boards.......we'll set him straight in a heartbeat!

Re: Leo

Carole C on 1/06/02 at 10:49 (068942)

LOL!!! Well the worst part is that I haven't even broken up with him about it yet. I'm so infatuated with him! I need to get my head out of the clouds and get tough but instead I just keep daydreaming about him. LOL

Carole C

nancy s. on 1/06/02 at 12:24 (068957)

wendy: of course that's what it stands for! that makes me two idiots in one week. i deserve a prize.

the name is ANNE.
thanks, wendy.
nancy

Carole C on 1/06/02 at 12:38 (068959)

OK, Wendy since you are busy, we can help you start the POO list:

1. Anne
2. Leo
3. ?

Any more, anyone?

Carole C

Re: Back to Nancy

wendyn on 1/06/02 at 13:11 (068963)

You are funny Nancy.

JudyS on 1/06/02 at 13:16 (068964)

Osama and Omar

wendyn on 1/06/02 at 13:26 (068965)

Thanks Judy - but I seem to fall into enough pranks and trouble ALL BY MYSELF.

OH! That reminds me of a funny story (just for you Laurie).

First of all, let me point out that through the entire course of my life - if I EVER do anything wrong, I get caught. It's very unfair. I had just pointed this out to my boss a few months ago.

My birthday was at the end of November, and throughout Oct and Nov I worked 6 days a week, and very long days. I was exhausted. I decided that I'd take the Friday afternoon of my birthday off, and then just go out for a few beers with a friend. Relax - and misbehave a bit for a change.

To make a long story a little shorter... plans changed. I ended up not being able to take the afternoon off because I ended up in a training session at 3:00 that afternoon( who does training at 3 on a Friday afternoon?).

I decided to take just a later lunch with my buddy - and then come back for the training. So, off we went at 12:30 - had a nice LONG relaxing lunch, and I had TWO glasses of wine. Rarely, I will have one at lunch - but NEVER two (goes right to my head).

I sauntered back into work at about 2:30 (feeling pretty relaxed and happy)- thinking no one would miss me and besides...they owe me at LEAST that in return for all the extra hours - but really - who would even notice?

Minutes later, a coworker came and told me there was an emergency meeting in the boardroom - and they needed the whole team together ASAP. But, she had a really funny smile on her face.

As I walked down to the boardroom - there was NO ONE in the office, they were all GONE.

Walked in the room and there was 40 people crammed in there with a Birthday cake waiting for me - wondering where the hell I had been.

I have NEVER been so embarassed in my whole life.

They had gone in the first time at 2:00, and when I was no where to be found they decided to regroup at 2:30...they'd almost given up thinking that I was never coming back.

What made it worse was that it was a little round cake - and there were all those people! They excpected me to serve cake! I took my piece and went back to my desk.

They all found the whole thing very amusing....I on the have been traumatized for life.

Carole C on 1/06/02 at 13:57 (068966)

Oh, I forgot! OK:

1. Anne
2. Leo
3. Osama
4. Omar (or is it Moammar?)

Carole C

Carole C on 1/06/02 at 13:58 (068967)

Oh Wendy, I would have died!!!!! ROFL What a story!

Carole C

Laurie R on 1/06/02 at 14:21 (068971)

Wendy , On my God , This is to funny!! Should we all send a letter to your boss and tell him or her how much we enjoy you here? This way they can give you let's say , 15 minutes a day to chat with us ??? I know you are a fast typer and 15 minutes would be good enough ... What do you think ? Laurie R

elliott on 1/06/02 at 15:06 (068973)

As if WE didn't NOTICE. :-)

wendyn on 1/06/02 at 16:02 (068980)

I've always thrown in a FEW caps here and there for emphasis.

But I am making a SPECIAL point just for YOU Elliott.

;)

wendyn on 1/06/02 at 16:03 (068981)

Don't worry Laurie, I'll still be around!

Carmen on 1/07/02 at 12:42 (069063)

Elliott poor elliott.....WHY WOULD YOU LET SUCH A SMALL THING BE THE FOCAL POINT OF ALL YOUR FRUSTRATIONS? YOU ALREADY HAVE ENOUGH TO DEAL WITH!
heee hee hee
Pushing buttons....
:-)

JudyS on 1/07/02 at 15:45 (069096)

Muhammad Omar is Osama's second-in-command....

Carole C on 1/07/02 at 16:01 (069103)

Oh! See? I am learning world politics on the board as well as learning about feet. I didn't know that Omar was Bin Laden's second in command. I thought you were talking about Moammar Khadafi. (grin)

Carole C