Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

What'll happen if I have this heel spur that keeps growing and growing?

Posted by Nicole K. on 1/05/02 at 01:29 (068787)

I refuse to have a third surgery at this point. Two didn't work, why would a third? I am about to pass my 6 yr. anniversary (lol) with PF/ which has now become spur(s-because my other foot is flared up). Yesterday, I went to my Pod and he was shocked at the growth of my spur; said he had never seen such growth in 6 yrs. I've worked hard for that, you know! ;) Just kidding. So, my question is will it just keep growing and growing or do they taper off at a certian point? If it keeps growing, will I eventually be able to not walk? My Pod did ask me if it was causing me to limp at this point which it is not.

Re: What'll happen if I have this heel spur that keeps growing and growing?

Dr. Zuckeman on 1/05/02 at 10:42 (068804)

The growth of spur or bone is due to the reactive respond of the body to the tearng of the planata fascia. How is your pain ?

Nicole K. on 1/05/02 at 16:39 (068851)

chronic...
seems it doesn't get much better or worse regardless of anything I do.

Dr. Zuckerman on 1/08/02 at 08:24 (069170)

IF you are limping or the pain is at the insertion is effecting your life and ability to function then ESWT is a very effective non-surgical method to heal this problem

Dr. Zuckeman on 1/05/02 at 10:42 (068804)

The growth of spur or bone is due to the reactive respond of the body to the tearng of the planata fascia. How is your pain ?

Nicole K. on 1/05/02 at 16:39 (068851)

chronic...
seems it doesn't get much better or worse regardless of anything I do.

Dr. Zuckerman on 1/08/02 at 08:24 (069170)

IF you are limping or the pain is at the insertion is effecting your life and ability to function then ESWT is a very effective non-surgical method to heal this problem