Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

recurrent heel pain

Posted by Trudy L on 1/05/02 at 11:25 (068810)

I had a cortisone shot in Sept. and it lasted until Jan. No pain. I had even more severe pain and got another shot but it has not helped. An x-ray showed inflammation but no bone spur. I now have a huge lump on the inside of my left foot. I have very flat feet but wear shoes with good arch support. I work as a nurse's aide and am on my feet constantly. Is there a cure for whatever is causing the inflammation? I take Celebrex now (200 mg.)

Re: recurrent heel pain

Dr. Marlene Reid on 1/06/02 at 23:19 (069022)

It is possible that the second injection just missed the inflammed spot (if your diagnosis is really PF). Have you also tried icing? Is your pain typical PF pain (most severe in the am and after rest)? Is the pain on the heel or the arch? Any change in the flatness of your foot?

Re: recurrent heel pain

Dr. Marlene Reid on 1/06/02 at 23:19 (069022)

It is possible that the second injection just missed the inflammed spot (if your diagnosis is really PF). Have you also tried icing? Is your pain typical PF pain (most severe in the am and after rest)? Is the pain on the heel or the arch? Any change in the flatness of your foot?