Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

changing shoes??

Posted by Sage R. on 1/05/02 at 12:05 (068815)

someone mentioned this. is this something other people do? i sometimes change shoes when one pair is hurting but i thought that finding the BEST shoes to wear all the time would make the most sense but maybe any shoe all the time is bad. when not wearing my running shoes w/orthotics i like dansko clogs (the kind with backs).

sorry if there are old threads on this i didn't see-- just found this website recently...

Re: changing shoes??

Carole C on 1/05/02 at 12:21 (068817)

Changing shoes and buying new shoes both seem to help PF. Right now I am wearing my SAS shoes with custom orthotics during the day, and my Birkenstocks in the evenings. See what works for you! :)

And welcome to the board! Don't forget to read the Heel Pain Book on this site, because it has lots of wonderful information. I hope your feet feel better soon!

Carole C

JudyS on 1/06/02 at 11:09 (068947)

Sage - if it helps any, my doc told me to change my shoes once or twice in a day's time......and I found it helpful because when my feet started aching with the first pair, the second pair would likely have different pressure points which would, more or less, take the pressure off the aching areas that began with the first pair. Does that make any sense at all? :)

Sage R. on 1/13/02 at 15:38 (069872)

yes it does, thanks.

Sage R. on 1/13/02 at 15:39 (069873)

thanks!

Carmen H on 1/26/02 at 11:16 (071396)

ditto on Judy's remark.

Carole C on 1/05/02 at 12:21 (068817)

Changing shoes and buying new shoes both seem to help PF. Right now I am wearing my SAS shoes with custom orthotics during the day, and my Birkenstocks in the evenings. See what works for you! :)

And welcome to the board! Don't forget to read the Heel Pain Book on this site, because it has lots of wonderful information. I hope your feet feel better soon!

Carole C

JudyS on 1/06/02 at 11:09 (068947)

Sage - if it helps any, my doc told me to change my shoes once or twice in a day's time......and I found it helpful because when my feet started aching with the first pair, the second pair would likely have different pressure points which would, more or less, take the pressure off the aching areas that began with the first pair. Does that make any sense at all? :)

Sage R. on 1/13/02 at 15:38 (069872)

yes it does, thanks.

Sage R. on 1/13/02 at 15:39 (069873)

thanks!

Carmen H on 1/26/02 at 11:16 (071396)

ditto on Judy's remark.