Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ankle pain

Posted by pam s on 1/05/02 at 17:36 (068858)

I do have some pain on the bottom of my foot, but one of my worst symptoms is ankle pain. Does this sound like Plantar Fasciitis or do you think it sounds more like Posterior Tibial Tendinitis?
Pam

Re: ankle pain

rebecca h on 1/05/02 at 23:07 (068887)

I'm not a doctor but it might be posterior tibial. Have you asked your doctor?

Paula L. on 1/06/02 at 08:41 (068909)

The lotion thing sounds good, but most of the time-it just hurts too bad to have that area touched at all! Is that normal for heel pain?

-Paula L.

Carole C on 1/06/02 at 08:46 (068912)

Wow, I'm no doctor and ankle pain is not my main symptom, but I am wondering if you should get an x-ray? It sounds like you could have something broken in there. (?)

Carole C

Carole C on 1/06/02 at 08:48 (068913)

oh oops! That was from you, Paula, not from Pam. Got my 'P' names mixed up. Sorry! Do you have ankle pain too?

Carole C

Carole C on 1/06/02 at 08:51 (068914)

I don't think it's 'normal' to not be able to touch your feet at all, to apply lotion for example. But I can see how your feet might get that bad since you have been busy with a new baby and have not treated your feet with rest, gentle non-weightbearing stretches, Birkenstocks or other good shoes, and so on.

Carole C

wendyn on 1/06/02 at 08:59 (068916)

Paula - is this area your inner ankle?

When you do touch it firmly - does it feel like shocks (like a funny bone feeling?)(

Paula L. on 1/06/02 at 15:36 (068977)

I am very highly sensitive on my ankles-I always have been. The slightest touch felt like nerve pain somehow. It wasn't like someone punching you-yet all that it took was a simple touch to rack me with pain in my ankles (both) my right was far worse than my left at that time.

But this present pain is in the middle of my heel. It's a burning constant pain that never seems to end-that is, unless I lie down. But then again, the moment that I try to get out of bed, the pain is just excruciating. Sitting down too long (about 20 minutes) makes it hurt just as much to get back up.

wendyn on 1/06/02 at 16:00 (068979)

Paula - I still can't tell - is this pain your inner or outer ankle?

If it's your inner ankle - it sounds a lot like TTS (Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome) - I have read that sometimes TTS can also cause heel pain...but I've read conflicting opinions on it.

pam s on 1/07/02 at 21:32 (069132)

Hi, it's Pam about the ankle pain. It's on the inside and today feels very tight but not really in pain (yesterday was moderately sore)
Pam

rebecca h on 1/05/02 at 23:07 (068887)

I'm not a doctor but it might be posterior tibial. Have you asked your doctor?

Paula L. on 1/06/02 at 08:41 (068909)

The lotion thing sounds good, but most of the time-it just hurts too bad to have that area touched at all! Is that normal for heel pain?

-Paula L.

Carole C on 1/06/02 at 08:46 (068912)

Wow, I'm no doctor and ankle pain is not my main symptom, but I am wondering if you should get an x-ray? It sounds like you could have something broken in there. (?)

Carole C

Carole C on 1/06/02 at 08:48 (068913)

oh oops! That was from you, Paula, not from Pam. Got my 'P' names mixed up. Sorry! Do you have ankle pain too?

Carole C

Carole C on 1/06/02 at 08:51 (068914)

I don't think it's 'normal' to not be able to touch your feet at all, to apply lotion for example. But I can see how your feet might get that bad since you have been busy with a new baby and have not treated your feet with rest, gentle non-weightbearing stretches, Birkenstocks or other good shoes, and so on.

Carole C

wendyn on 1/06/02 at 08:59 (068916)

Paula - is this area your inner ankle?

When you do touch it firmly - does it feel like shocks (like a funny bone feeling?)(

Paula L. on 1/06/02 at 15:36 (068977)

I am very highly sensitive on my ankles-I always have been. The slightest touch felt like nerve pain somehow. It wasn't like someone punching you-yet all that it took was a simple touch to rack me with pain in my ankles (both) my right was far worse than my left at that time.

But this present pain is in the middle of my heel. It's a burning constant pain that never seems to end-that is, unless I lie down. But then again, the moment that I try to get out of bed, the pain is just excruciating. Sitting down too long (about 20 minutes) makes it hurt just as much to get back up.

wendyn on 1/06/02 at 16:00 (068979)

Paula - I still can't tell - is this pain your inner or outer ankle?

If it's your inner ankle - it sounds a lot like TTS (Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome) - I have read that sometimes TTS can also cause heel pain...but I've read conflicting opinions on it.

pam s on 1/07/02 at 21:32 (069132)

Hi, it's Pam about the ankle pain. It's on the inside and today feels very tight but not really in pain (yesterday was moderately sore)
Pam