Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

responding to b g ped and dr wander re pttd

Posted by paula on 1/05/02 at 19:18 (068867)

thanks for the info. i'll try the pysical therapy route and see how far it takes me. as i understand it there are a few docs and therapists around the country that are rethinking what is rehabilitatable. sounds like they have turned around some pretty severe stages. this pttd team has a really long term goal before a person gets normal and studies and whatnot. . the dr i saw before them said a bone fusion was my only hope since my feet have changed structure a bit. but i still have a somewhat flexible foot with a tiny arch and this team says theyve turned worse around than mine. the doc says he's reduced his pttd surgery by 80%. the therapy is gruelling but the doc feels fairly sure i can turn this around . if my feet don't fall off first. first month' assingment 150 very low impact theraband exercise on the ptt in a very specific way!!! got a plastic afo from an orthotic guy recommended by him. it is so drastically different than the way my feet want to pronate but i'm tring it in a pool. carefully cause i don't have one foot or leg muscle thats ever walked this unpronated. if it doesnt work i'll look into the ritchie which dr davis also mentioned i think. awfually nice to have you guys to talk to about this stuff. hope i don't ever need those surgeries. also wanted others to know there are a variety of options out there.

Re: p.s.

paula on 1/05/02 at 19:26 (068874)

i think the doc said there are about 6 teams like his right now in the country trying to rehab severe cases. where they all are i don't know but if someone here ever needs to know i can ask the doc.

Re: p.s.

paula on 1/05/02 at 19:26 (068874)

i think the doc said there are about 6 teams like his right now in the country trying to rehab severe cases. where they all are i don't know but if someone here ever needs to know i can ask the doc.