Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Bee Venom Therapy

Posted by Timothy T on 1/07/02 at 13:03 (069069)

Hello fellow sufferers,
My ordeal has been going on for over two years. I have been through the whole routine. Orthodics, shots, therapy, and finally surgery. I have to admit my feet are somewhat better than before surgery, but no where near normal (if I can remember what normal was). I have been seeing more information concerning bee venom for treatment of MS & chronic pain. Anybody out there have any experience with this treatment?

Re: after you, Carmen :-) (nm)

elliott on 1/07/02 at 14:47 (069086)

Re: ho ho ha ha Elliott the funny man! (nm)

Carmen on 1/07/02 at 16:02 (069104)

Re: Bee Venom Therapy

Carmen on 1/07/02 at 16:05 (069105)

Hi Timothy! I have heard miraculous things about bee therapy....for MS and chronic pain. But I have only heard of it for mostly autoimmune disorders. Never for PF or other related issues. If you have tried all conservative treatments and are looking for other opportunites....think about the more well known alternatives. Kinesiology, Massage therapy, ART, Accupuncture (for pain relief) etc.
But if you are truly interested in the Bee idea look farther into it and do your research before heading down that road.
That's my opinion....
good luck!

Carole C on 1/07/02 at 16:12 (069106)

Timothy, I haven't had any experience with bee venom therapy, and I'm not a medical professional, just another PF sufferer who happens to have MS as well. From what I understand, bee venom therapy works for autoimmune problems such as MS because it gives the immune system a big jolt, which more or less 'resets' it. It's supposed to work pretty well. However, my MS has not been bad enough to warrant anything of this nature in recent years. I had a more severe attack back in the 1980's, and was coincidently stung by a bee. It did not help me at all. It just made me feel even more miserable. However it was just one random sting.

I would not be motivated to try bee therapy for PF at all, personally. On the other hand, I have not been through what you've been through; I've only had PF since September.

Carole C

BrianG on 1/08/02 at 08:47 (069173)

I have had a type of bee venom therapy for the past 5 years. I'm allergic to wasps and bees. I started at a very low dose, and gradully had more and more. For the past 2 years I have been on what is called 'maintennce dose'. It's something like 5 stings in each arm, every 6 weeks. Since it was expensive and I have sht insurance, I recently stopped it. I had thought about it might have worked some on my PF, so I was very aware of the PF every time I got the shots. It never helped me.

Now, I don't know if this is the same as actually having a bee sting you, but it was the venom, in a concentrated form. Anyone else?

BCG

john h on 1/08/02 at 12:11 (069207)

Brian: I have been stung by wasp for 3 straight years so I guess I have had venom thearpy. Why these rascals do not like me I cannot understand. It is not like I am bothering their nest or something.

Re: after you, Carmen :-) (nm)

elliott on 1/07/02 at 14:47 (069086)

Re: ho ho ha ha Elliott the funny man! (nm)

Carmen on 1/07/02 at 16:02 (069104)

Carmen on 1/07/02 at 16:05 (069105)

Hi Timothy! I have heard miraculous things about bee therapy....for MS and chronic pain. But I have only heard of it for mostly autoimmune disorders. Never for PF or other related issues. If you have tried all conservative treatments and are looking for other opportunites....think about the more well known alternatives. Kinesiology, Massage therapy, ART, Accupuncture (for pain relief) etc.
But if you are truly interested in the Bee idea look farther into it and do your research before heading down that road.
That's my opinion....
good luck!

Carole C on 1/07/02 at 16:12 (069106)

Timothy, I haven't had any experience with bee venom therapy, and I'm not a medical professional, just another PF sufferer who happens to have MS as well. From what I understand, bee venom therapy works for autoimmune problems such as MS because it gives the immune system a big jolt, which more or less 'resets' it. It's supposed to work pretty well. However, my MS has not been bad enough to warrant anything of this nature in recent years. I had a more severe attack back in the 1980's, and was coincidently stung by a bee. It did not help me at all. It just made me feel even more miserable. However it was just one random sting.

I would not be motivated to try bee therapy for PF at all, personally. On the other hand, I have not been through what you've been through; I've only had PF since September.

Carole C

BrianG on 1/08/02 at 08:47 (069173)

I have had a type of bee venom therapy for the past 5 years. I'm allergic to wasps and bees. I started at a very low dose, and gradully had more and more. For the past 2 years I have been on what is called 'maintennce dose'. It's something like 5 stings in each arm, every 6 weeks. Since it was expensive and I have sht insurance, I recently stopped it. I had thought about it might have worked some on my PF, so I was very aware of the PF every time I got the shots. It never helped me.

Now, I don't know if this is the same as actually having a bee sting you, but it was the venom, in a concentrated form. Anyone else?

BCG

john h on 1/08/02 at 12:11 (069207)

Brian: I have been stung by wasp for 3 straight years so I guess I have had venom thearpy. Why these rascals do not like me I cannot understand. It is not like I am bothering their nest or something.