Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

sean sounded ok to me

Posted by paula on 1/08/02 at 00:11 (069147)

i'm a pretty big cynic and sean sounded real to me. what is this immediate jumping all over people or sneering tone latley to folks who offer new info. ? i have come to this board on and off over a year and the tone here seems to have deteriorated drastically, to me. i have pf. i am in pain. i would appreciate it if folks with info would be allowed to give their info. this is a message board. hello? there have been spammers before , sure. but just because someone found something that worked and is enthusiastic does not necessarily mean they are spamming. this is starting to seem like a trend. ed davis was attacked for nothing, lis was almost driven from this site needlessly and yes she was probably over enthusiastic but in my opinion did not deserve the level of nastiness.. now this guy may be a spammer but there's no proof as of yet. heck i was helped a lot by a heating pad lately. time to jump all over me. thanks you for your info sean. read between the lines, literally. i hope you come back here. many of us want everyone to be feel good here and bring their information. it sounded to me like you tried lots of stuff and found a product that worked and were good enough to share the info with us. . all i do latley it seems is to come to the rescue of the ed davisis the lis's and the seans. i am getting really tired of this. i would just like to come here and exchange info. i am in real pain. my life is down the toilet with pf and pttd. i try to keep a decent tone and i really don't see why that is not done here by everyone. if anyone deserved to be mean and nasty it would certainly be me. i've lost everything worth having cause of my feet. so unless you've lost all your money, your mobility, your primary relationship and are in constant extreme pain, hey be a little civil please. i am desperate for a board where info can be shared and folks can be welcome to share new info. give a person a chance before jumping to conclusions hey.

Re: oops, looks like i was the one who jumped to conclusion.

paula on 1/08/02 at 00:17 (069148)

sorry , never mind. pf has apparently driven me insane.

Re: sean sounded ok to me

Carmen on 1/08/02 at 09:00 (069177)

Paula~

I know the Lis thing was in part directed to me and I feel the need to say that I repeatedly told her her information was valued but the approach was not. Blasting a site is the wrong approach in my very own opinion. I agree that we have the right to share information and express ourselves...so that's what I did. I explained that it was my opinion and I felt that if she had a right to make her statements about this site being behind the times before she even read the information on it I had the right to defend it in the case that someone new came on and saw her post...and ran off before they even explored it. Does that make sense?
I am sorry your life has gone down hill I really truly think it is unfair. No one 'deserves' to be nasty..or mean I agree there as well. Unfortunately writing on boards doesn't allow us to use our speaking tones and express ourselves they way we normally do in person...so a lot of things are probably taken totally out of context. But sometimes it's okay...we learn something if we open our eyes to the experience.
I wouldn't worry about rescuing people anymore...you have enough on your plate. I wish you relief from your pain and to be better soon.

PatC on 1/08/02 at 09:52 (069190)

Paula, I agree with you. After the holidays, I was checking the board and found all of the negativity to be upsetting. We need more positive feedback instead of criticism of others. Everyone has had different experiences and different results from treatments. We can all learn from each other and try what we thinks might help us individually.

paula on 1/08/02 at 15:03 (069230)

i will say this: negativity breeds more negativity. i lately come here with a stomach in knots thinking who will be blastd next. i hope we can all learn from this . carmen made a good point in that this is different than speaking and without facial expressions it is probably better to be more nuetral than in real time. in real time i can be sarcastic and most people can tell i'm joking. here i realy can't be. and first time posters i think should be welcomed and then let's give them a bit of a chance to see what they are about eh?

PatC on 1/08/02 at 16:18 (069239)

I agree.

John h on 1/08/02 at 16:34 (069241)

I remember Dr. Z's first post to the board. He was greeted like the plague! I am sure he remembers.

Re: sean sounded ok to me/ to paula and pat

nancy s. on 1/08/02 at 16:49 (069244)

since scott dropped the social/support new messages from the main 'view all' list, i think my post this morning to you, paula, may have gotten lost. anyway, it was my two cents, meant postively, and so i'm copying it here:

Posted by nancy s. on 1/08/02 at 06:56 View Thread
paula, i've seen your couple of posts recently about people's reactions when someone comes on board and is a little offensive. sometimes i'm sure there are overreactions, but i do think amost no one here tries to provoke anything negative. some of us may react negatively to a post containing something offensive, but a little of that is natural -- and some of them really do need to be responded to, if there is info that might actually mislead people.
it's clear you're having a very hard time footwise (and all the other ways foot problems affect one's life), and i really do believe you're in the right place here! a huge number of posts appear here every day, and the vast vast majority of them are helpful, informative, and compassionate. usually weeks or even months go by between the relatively minor skirmishes that occasionally occur. i hope you don't get too offended by them and leave, because i think the people here are really wonderful and can help each other immeasurably (and have), including you.
besides, we leftover hippies (if i'm remembering you correctly!) need company....
all the best to you, paula.
nancy
Posted in Category: Social / Support . . View All Heel Pain Categories

paula on 1/08/02 at 18:00 (069248)

hey nancy. yup an old hippy here. (peace, oh wow. ). i think i spent one whole year in berkeley saying nothing but those three words. no i won't go away . i need this board too much. i have gone and chased a few folks by their e mail to induce them back when they have felt driven away. each of us has a contribution to make here but i hope that my contribution in that regard isn't needed very often. i just feel that the tough can hang in there but the sensitive souls can't take much arguing and bad vibes. and the sensitive people are my favourites. me, i never argue here if i can help it. i just never answer back on negative stuff that might come my way. hey for any of you that have ever felt driven from this or any other site. come back . remember emerson said. 'to be great is to be misunderstood'. or maybe it was deputy dawg who said that.

Dr. Zuckeman on 1/08/02 at 19:38 (069263)

Hi John

Sure do remember. I was told I should be put in jail or something like that.
Still remember who came to my defense. It was Colonial ( retired) John Holt

Re: John H. and Dr. Z

Necee on 1/09/02 at 00:19 (069294)

I'll take a retired serviceman like John H. anytime!! If he came to your defense Dr. Z, then you were in good hands!
Happy Trails.....
Necee

Re: about the tone on the board recently

alan k on 1/09/02 at 08:05 (069305)

I agree very much with paula's sentiments and they are the right values for our community here. My message here is directly about foot health because while we must be vigilant, we don't want to close off information, which is after all the purpose here.

But I would correct one impression. I have not been back long, but being away and coming back-- like not seeing someone for a long time who lost or gained wieght-- you really notice when something is different.

I have to say that the tone on the board is as good as its ever been (which is not to say that it can't be better). It used to be downright nasty at times. I mean really bad. Several old-timers here, including me, have sworn off heelspurs.com on several occasions, but most come back with their tails between their legs because they can't resist.

Maybe Scott is kicking people off now or something, but things to me seem really great-- a few bumps here and there are natural and part of the process where the board members analyze and take in the information presented, sometimes with feeling.

alan k

Carmen on 1/09/02 at 08:22 (069308)

Glad to have you back! But not glad for you if it involves pain...

Re: Colonial John Holt? As opposed to Redcoat John Holt? :-)

elliott on 1/15/02 at 13:20 (070046)

Hey, I would never have dared to point out Dr. Z typos, but it was Wendyn who opened a Pandora's box here. :-)

Dr. Zuckerman on 1/15/02 at 13:50 (070048)

Thanks someone has to break my typo poor spelling habit. My mother never
and my wife give up.

John h on 1/15/02 at 18:12 (070084)

Dr Z there is only one worse with typing and spelling and it is me!

Re: oops, looks like i was the one who jumped to conclusion.

paula on 1/08/02 at 00:17 (069148)

sorry , never mind. pf has apparently driven me insane.

Carmen on 1/08/02 at 09:00 (069177)

Paula~

I know the Lis thing was in part directed to me and I feel the need to say that I repeatedly told her her information was valued but the approach was not. Blasting a site is the wrong approach in my very own opinion. I agree that we have the right to share information and express ourselves...so that's what I did. I explained that it was my opinion and I felt that if she had a right to make her statements about this site being behind the times before she even read the information on it I had the right to defend it in the case that someone new came on and saw her post...and ran off before they even explored it. Does that make sense?
I am sorry your life has gone down hill I really truly think it is unfair. No one 'deserves' to be nasty..or mean I agree there as well. Unfortunately writing on boards doesn't allow us to use our speaking tones and express ourselves they way we normally do in person...so a lot of things are probably taken totally out of context. But sometimes it's okay...we learn something if we open our eyes to the experience.
I wouldn't worry about rescuing people anymore...you have enough on your plate. I wish you relief from your pain and to be better soon.

PatC on 1/08/02 at 09:52 (069190)

Paula, I agree with you. After the holidays, I was checking the board and found all of the negativity to be upsetting. We need more positive feedback instead of criticism of others. Everyone has had different experiences and different results from treatments. We can all learn from each other and try what we thinks might help us individually.

paula on 1/08/02 at 15:03 (069230)

i will say this: negativity breeds more negativity. i lately come here with a stomach in knots thinking who will be blastd next. i hope we can all learn from this . carmen made a good point in that this is different than speaking and without facial expressions it is probably better to be more nuetral than in real time. in real time i can be sarcastic and most people can tell i'm joking. here i realy can't be. and first time posters i think should be welcomed and then let's give them a bit of a chance to see what they are about eh?

PatC on 1/08/02 at 16:18 (069239)

I agree.

John h on 1/08/02 at 16:34 (069241)

I remember Dr. Z's first post to the board. He was greeted like the plague! I am sure he remembers.

nancy s. on 1/08/02 at 16:49 (069244)

since scott dropped the social/support new messages from the main 'view all' list, i think my post this morning to you, paula, may have gotten lost. anyway, it was my two cents, meant postively, and so i'm copying it here:

Posted by nancy s. on 1/08/02 at 06:56 View Thread
paula, i've seen your couple of posts recently about people's reactions when someone comes on board and is a little offensive. sometimes i'm sure there are overreactions, but i do think amost no one here tries to provoke anything negative. some of us may react negatively to a post containing something offensive, but a little of that is natural -- and some of them really do need to be responded to, if there is info that might actually mislead people.
it's clear you're having a very hard time footwise (and all the other ways foot problems affect one's life), and i really do believe you're in the right place here! a huge number of posts appear here every day, and the vast vast majority of them are helpful, informative, and compassionate. usually weeks or even months go by between the relatively minor skirmishes that occasionally occur. i hope you don't get too offended by them and leave, because i think the people here are really wonderful and can help each other immeasurably (and have), including you.
besides, we leftover hippies (if i'm remembering you correctly!) need company....
all the best to you, paula.
nancy
Posted in Category: Social / Support . . View All Heel Pain Categories

paula on 1/08/02 at 18:00 (069248)

hey nancy. yup an old hippy here. (peace, oh wow. ). i think i spent one whole year in berkeley saying nothing but those three words. no i won't go away . i need this board too much. i have gone and chased a few folks by their e mail to induce them back when they have felt driven away. each of us has a contribution to make here but i hope that my contribution in that regard isn't needed very often. i just feel that the tough can hang in there but the sensitive souls can't take much arguing and bad vibes. and the sensitive people are my favourites. me, i never argue here if i can help it. i just never answer back on negative stuff that might come my way. hey for any of you that have ever felt driven from this or any other site. come back . remember emerson said. 'to be great is to be misunderstood'. or maybe it was deputy dawg who said that.

Dr. Zuckeman on 1/08/02 at 19:38 (069263)

Hi John

Sure do remember. I was told I should be put in jail or something like that.
Still remember who came to my defense. It was Colonial ( retired) John Holt

Re: John H. and Dr. Z

Necee on 1/09/02 at 00:19 (069294)

I'll take a retired serviceman like John H. anytime!! If he came to your defense Dr. Z, then you were in good hands!
Happy Trails.....
Necee

alan k on 1/09/02 at 08:05 (069305)

I agree very much with paula's sentiments and they are the right values for our community here. My message here is directly about foot health because while we must be vigilant, we don't want to close off information, which is after all the purpose here.

But I would correct one impression. I have not been back long, but being away and coming back-- like not seeing someone for a long time who lost or gained wieght-- you really notice when something is different.

I have to say that the tone on the board is as good as its ever been (which is not to say that it can't be better). It used to be downright nasty at times. I mean really bad. Several old-timers here, including me, have sworn off heelspurs.com on several occasions, but most come back with their tails between their legs because they can't resist.

Maybe Scott is kicking people off now or something, but things to me seem really great-- a few bumps here and there are natural and part of the process where the board members analyze and take in the information presented, sometimes with feeling.

alan k

Carmen on 1/09/02 at 08:22 (069308)

Glad to have you back! But not glad for you if it involves pain...

elliott on 1/15/02 at 13:20 (070046)

Hey, I would never have dared to point out Dr. Z typos, but it was Wendyn who opened a Pandora's box here. :-)

Dr. Zuckerman on 1/15/02 at 13:50 (070048)

Thanks someone has to break my typo poor spelling habit. My mother never
and my wife give up.

John h on 1/15/02 at 18:12 (070084)

Dr Z there is only one worse with typing and spelling and it is me!