Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

But first a disclaimer

Posted by wendyn on 1/08/02 at 20:45 (069271)

I haven't slept for two days
My feet are red and hot
I had a long day
I spend WAY too much time on this board
I have a most severe case of PMS (you could sent a calendar by my crabby posts every 28 days)
I have a screaming headache and my wrists hurt from too much typing.

I think this is one of the most supportive boards you will ever find.

I think anyone who doubts that should check out other bulletin boards and compare. Some of them are just plain scary.

I think this is one of the best places to go for information and support - and no one should have any reason to be afraid to post here.

I think that if anyone shows up here claiming to have THE cure for PF and foot pain, they'd better be prepared to back it up. Every 2 months or so, someone new shows up claiming to have the cure to end all cures. Bound to raise a little skeptisim after a while - and tough questions CAN and SHOULD be asked.

I think it's GOOD to disagree, and to ask questions - as long as it doesn't get to the point of verbal abuse or personal attacks.

If we ever get to the point where we can't disagree or ask questions, I won't be here anymore.

I don't think ANYONE on this board has anything to apologize for - opinions are just opinons. They're personal. Take them (or don't) for what they're worth.

If anyone gets really out of line- Scott deals with it.

I think that even if what you say doesn't fit with 'popular' opinion - it's okay to say it anyway - people can ignore it if they choose.

I think that people ignore most of the advice they get here anyway, unless it's what they really want to hear. Runners do not hear the advice to rest, and the inactive don't hear the advice to stretch.

I have spent too much time here lately.

Re: wendy...

rebecca h on 1/08/02 at 21:36 (069277)

Wendy, I am so sorry about your feet and wrists and PMS and everything. I know alot of people on this board really hurt for you tonight and are hoping and praying you will get some rest and start feeling better very very very soon. By the way, I finally responded to your post on the doctors message board but its so far down that you probably didn't read it so when you do, you will see that at least one person on this board does listen. : ) Really I hope you are feeling better better better soon soon soon.

Re: But first a disclaimer

Carole C on 1/08/02 at 21:42 (069279)

Wendy, if your feet are red and hot I hope you take some time for yourself and ice them. I know that you know to do this, and I'm not meaning to be condescending, but I know it's hard to always do it and I hate it when nice peoples' feet hurt!

I agree with you totally on all you said!

Wishing you happy feet,

Carole C

nancy s. on 1/08/02 at 22:25 (069286)

wow wendy, all those disclaimers and you still said it so well? you're hired! please be on my doorstep by 8 o'clock tomorrow morning.

you're so right. i've seen many many boards -- scott's outclasses them all by a long shot. great people, great info, great discussion, great help. on almost every other board i've seen, bar-room brawls take place daily, to no purpose and without much help or education in-between.

this board saved me.

nancy

Laurie R on 1/08/02 at 22:52 (069287)

Hi Nancy , You know your post really made me think ... WOW !!how I miss working and all the bar room brawls .... There were plenty of them ..

Re: To Wendy N. or anyone else who's hurting

Necee on 1/08/02 at 23:19 (069289)

Wendy you hang in there gal, this too shall pass.

Throughout all our ups and downs we have eachother to lean on, but you already know that or you wouldn't have posted here in the first place.

I do hope that your foot pain gets better, its so hard somtimes for us when we are hurting, all we want is to be able to do the simple things in life like take a short walk without pain, or run across the grass barefooted. It gets so frustrating and overwhelming when we allow our minds to dwell on it too much, and then when we are feeling down and out the other problems in our lives are magnified as well.

There's not anything I can suggest to you that you probably haven't already tried or know about so all I can tell you is, and it doesn't seem like much, but your not going through this alone, even though friendships on this board stretch across nations and around the world, that doesn't deminish the feelings we have in our hearts for one another here.

We all have the best support system right here, and with eachothers continued love, encouragement and understanding I pray that it makes your lifes struggles a little lighter.

Happy Trails....
Necee

JudyS on 1/08/02 at 23:59 (069292)

Wendy, I absolutely love it when you have PMS.......you have a very effective way of clearing the air and making the rest of us sit up and take notice! You go girl! :)

nancy s. on 1/09/02 at 06:01 (069296)

laurie, you funny one. i did think of you after i wrote that -- and if you miss the bar-room brawls from your work, i can send you some message board addresses that'll fill that bill . . . if i can remember them! i always ran away . . . fast.
hang in there, laurie.
nancy

D.Thomas on 1/09/02 at 08:42 (069310)

I really hope you feel better Wendy and get some good sleep. You deserve it! I always enjoy reading your posts and think you are one of the best people on this site. You are always willing to help and support others.

I also spend too much time reading everything on this board. I don't say much like some of the others, but I read everything.

Re: Well Put Wendy (nm)

Carmen on 1/09/02 at 08:54 (069313)

Suzanne D on 1/09/02 at 12:02 (069341)

Dear Wendy,

I have always found your posts to reflect a person of high intelligence, wit, and humor. You can - as someone else said once - say things concisely, which I admire since I ramble all over the place! You have much information to share, and you do that willingly and well.

Thank you for the time you spend here and for helping 'clear the air' as Judy S. says when it needs clearing. I enjoy the different personalities reflected on this board and the way each fills a little niche and is needed by all. It's like I tell my first graders from time to time, 'I am so glad you all are not all the same! If you were cut out by cookie cutters, it would not be nearly as interesting in this room, and besides, how would I tell you all apart?!' They then get tickled at the cookie cutter thought, and whatever little jealousy or competition is brewing smooths away. So I am GLAD that there are differences here, and as long as we respect one another in our comments, those differences should be helpful to us, not harmful.

I am sorry you are in pain right now and hope that today is a better day.

:-)

wendyn on 1/09/02 at 13:19 (069351)

Thank you for your patience...I am still unfit to be around other human beings...although I had a good sleep last night so I have regained some semblance of sanity.

My apologies if I did irk anyone with my post. That was not my intent.

Re: you got guts, wendyn

elliott on 1/09/02 at 14:57 (069368)

I'll grant you that. Had I posted that exact same message, it would have been greeted with the usual stony silence from the never-respond-to-elliott clique, as well as several disagreeing posts. You got different treatment, but you didn't know you would until you posted. Now about Sean... :-)

-----

Re: Elliott

wendyn on 1/09/02 at 17:43 (069393)

Guts and stupidity should never be confused.

I do not have guts, just an inability to keep my mouth shut (comes with the latter). I will never suffer from repressed emotion.

Don't be so sensitive :)

I don't think you receive any especially harsh treatment here. Nothing you can't handle...

And just to prove it to you, a CAPS free post and one more big (((((HUG))))

JudyS on 1/09/02 at 19:53 (069412)

Elliott, I've been 'hanging around' this board for about two years and I find myself distressed that a poster feels, and says, that there is any kind of a 'clique' here that targets other posters. I hope I'm open-minded enough to have seen such a thing here if and when it occured, but in all honesty, I've never seen it. Perhaps because some of we 'old timers' have grown very comfortable with eachother here, it seems that we enjoy some sort of special relationship? But that's just one reason why this board is such a uniquely welcoming one and most folks feel pretty comfy with it - we're all in the same boat and respect for that 'boat' transends personalities. In my recollection, there's been just one time when a poster was asked not to come back and that was because she had a regular habit of attacking personalities instead of discussing topics. We can't afford to 'attack' here. I'm sad that you think there is such a 'clique' who's function would be to not respond to your posts. Or am I overreacting and you're being tongue-in-cheek?
I would venture to say that Wendy knew how her post would be received and, rightfully so, was quite comfortable with posting it-just as I hope you would be. I imagine she didn't stop to wonder if her post would be received any differently than a like one from you would have been.
Anyway, hate to see you, or anyone, think there's some sort of clique here given that, as with everyone else here, your contributions are good, timely and thorough.

Carole C on 1/09/02 at 21:18 (069419)

I'm new here, but I haven't felt there is a clique here at all. In fact, this has been the most friendly and supportive message board that I've been to in recent memory.

Carole C

Carole C on 1/09/02 at 21:21 (069421)

Surely you are joking, Elliott! There was a huge thread trying to get you to come back! They love you here.

Maybe sometimes people don't answer your threads because they don't know if you are being tongue in cheek or not. :)

Carole C

Re: how Dare you say I'm so sensitive! :-) (nm)

elliott on 1/09/02 at 22:38 (069433)

Re: The clique

wendyn on 1/09/02 at 23:31 (069443)

If there is a clique here - it is an unofficial group of women who can commisserate with the evil mood swings of PMS.

Elliott - the next time you post something that may be considered abrasive - try writing it off to PMS - it may be better received (since many of us are capable of crushing small animals with our bare hands once every 28 days). Then again - it may be considered sexist and sarcastic - so maybe not. Seemed like a good idea at first.

p.s. PMS can cause you to be a little 'overly sensitive too' - so you should be better in a day or so....

;)

john h on 1/10/02 at 10:34 (069496)

You have to have intelligence,wit, and humor where wendy lives because 'Baby it's Cold Outside'. I think Wendy's picture on the board should be one of her in 6 feet of snow rather than sailing on some yacht in her shorts and yachting cap.

john h on 1/10/02 at 10:50 (069503)

i must be missing a lot of post or something because i always read your post elliott. if you have PF buddy you are part of the Pain Train. All the people I have met in person on this board are really great people and I would love to have them all as neighbors but in the meantime I just take it that those of you I have not personally met are just as nice. I would love to hop into an aircraft and just make a journey around the country,Canada, and England to meet you all. What a fun exciting trip that would be.

Carole C on 1/10/02 at 15:11 (069544)

John, you would love New Orleans. Be sure to include it if you ever decide to tour about the country. It's exciting, vibrant, cosmopolitan, mystical, labyrinthine, and open all night. And if you have a brother who is single, be sure to bring him along too! :)

Carole C

John h on 1/10/02 at 17:22 (069566)

when I was in college i went to New Orleans on the spring break. Stayed at Tulane and lived on shrimp which was all you could eat for $1.00. It is very much 'the big easy'.

Re: Big Easy

Carole C on 1/10/02 at 18:49 (069576)

I love it here. The cost of living is still pretty low, seafood is plentiful, and life is easy down here. Fun too. :)

Carole C

JudyS on 1/12/02 at 18:56 (069803)

Carole - My big sis has asked me to join her in New Orleans when she goes there (from Mich.) for a conference......if I go, will I get to say hello to you?

Carole C on 1/12/02 at 21:12 (069818)

Sure, Judy, when is it? I can't show you around too much.. I have PF (imagine that! LOL)

Carole C

Re: wendy...

rebecca h on 1/08/02 at 21:36 (069277)

Wendy, I am so sorry about your feet and wrists and PMS and everything. I know alot of people on this board really hurt for you tonight and are hoping and praying you will get some rest and start feeling better very very very soon. By the way, I finally responded to your post on the doctors message board but its so far down that you probably didn't read it so when you do, you will see that at least one person on this board does listen. : ) Really I hope you are feeling better better better soon soon soon.

Carole C on 1/08/02 at 21:42 (069279)

Wendy, if your feet are red and hot I hope you take some time for yourself and ice them. I know that you know to do this, and I'm not meaning to be condescending, but I know it's hard to always do it and I hate it when nice peoples' feet hurt!

I agree with you totally on all you said!

Wishing you happy feet,

Carole C

nancy s. on 1/08/02 at 22:25 (069286)

wow wendy, all those disclaimers and you still said it so well? you're hired! please be on my doorstep by 8 o'clock tomorrow morning.

you're so right. i've seen many many boards -- scott's outclasses them all by a long shot. great people, great info, great discussion, great help. on almost every other board i've seen, bar-room brawls take place daily, to no purpose and without much help or education in-between.

this board saved me.

nancy

Laurie R on 1/08/02 at 22:52 (069287)

Hi Nancy , You know your post really made me think ... WOW !!how I miss working and all the bar room brawls .... There were plenty of them ..

Re: To Wendy N. or anyone else who's hurting

Necee on 1/08/02 at 23:19 (069289)

Wendy you hang in there gal, this too shall pass.

Throughout all our ups and downs we have eachother to lean on, but you already know that or you wouldn't have posted here in the first place.

I do hope that your foot pain gets better, its so hard somtimes for us when we are hurting, all we want is to be able to do the simple things in life like take a short walk without pain, or run across the grass barefooted. It gets so frustrating and overwhelming when we allow our minds to dwell on it too much, and then when we are feeling down and out the other problems in our lives are magnified as well.

There's not anything I can suggest to you that you probably haven't already tried or know about so all I can tell you is, and it doesn't seem like much, but your not going through this alone, even though friendships on this board stretch across nations and around the world, that doesn't deminish the feelings we have in our hearts for one another here.

We all have the best support system right here, and with eachothers continued love, encouragement and understanding I pray that it makes your lifes struggles a little lighter.

Happy Trails....
Necee

JudyS on 1/08/02 at 23:59 (069292)

Wendy, I absolutely love it when you have PMS.......you have a very effective way of clearing the air and making the rest of us sit up and take notice! You go girl! :)

nancy s. on 1/09/02 at 06:01 (069296)

laurie, you funny one. i did think of you after i wrote that -- and if you miss the bar-room brawls from your work, i can send you some message board addresses that'll fill that bill . . . if i can remember them! i always ran away . . . fast.
hang in there, laurie.
nancy

D.Thomas on 1/09/02 at 08:42 (069310)

I really hope you feel better Wendy and get some good sleep. You deserve it! I always enjoy reading your posts and think you are one of the best people on this site. You are always willing to help and support others.

I also spend too much time reading everything on this board. I don't say much like some of the others, but I read everything.

Re: Well Put Wendy (nm)

Carmen on 1/09/02 at 08:54 (069313)

Suzanne D on 1/09/02 at 12:02 (069341)

Dear Wendy,

I have always found your posts to reflect a person of high intelligence, wit, and humor. You can - as someone else said once - say things concisely, which I admire since I ramble all over the place! You have much information to share, and you do that willingly and well.

Thank you for the time you spend here and for helping 'clear the air' as Judy S. says when it needs clearing. I enjoy the different personalities reflected on this board and the way each fills a little niche and is needed by all. It's like I tell my first graders from time to time, 'I am so glad you all are not all the same! If you were cut out by cookie cutters, it would not be nearly as interesting in this room, and besides, how would I tell you all apart?!' They then get tickled at the cookie cutter thought, and whatever little jealousy or competition is brewing smooths away. So I am GLAD that there are differences here, and as long as we respect one another in our comments, those differences should be helpful to us, not harmful.

I am sorry you are in pain right now and hope that today is a better day.

:-)

wendyn on 1/09/02 at 13:19 (069351)

Thank you for your patience...I am still unfit to be around other human beings...although I had a good sleep last night so I have regained some semblance of sanity.

My apologies if I did irk anyone with my post. That was not my intent.

elliott on 1/09/02 at 14:57 (069368)

I'll grant you that. Had I posted that exact same message, it would have been greeted with the usual stony silence from the never-respond-to-elliott clique, as well as several disagreeing posts. You got different treatment, but you didn't know you would until you posted. Now about Sean... :-)

-----

Re: Elliott

wendyn on 1/09/02 at 17:43 (069393)

Guts and stupidity should never be confused.

I do not have guts, just an inability to keep my mouth shut (comes with the latter). I will never suffer from repressed emotion.

Don't be so sensitive :)

I don't think you receive any especially harsh treatment here. Nothing you can't handle...

And just to prove it to you, a CAPS free post and one more big (((((HUG))))

JudyS on 1/09/02 at 19:53 (069412)

Elliott, I've been 'hanging around' this board for about two years and I find myself distressed that a poster feels, and says, that there is any kind of a 'clique' here that targets other posters. I hope I'm open-minded enough to have seen such a thing here if and when it occured, but in all honesty, I've never seen it. Perhaps because some of we 'old timers' have grown very comfortable with eachother here, it seems that we enjoy some sort of special relationship? But that's just one reason why this board is such a uniquely welcoming one and most folks feel pretty comfy with it - we're all in the same boat and respect for that 'boat' transends personalities. In my recollection, there's been just one time when a poster was asked not to come back and that was because she had a regular habit of attacking personalities instead of discussing topics. We can't afford to 'attack' here. I'm sad that you think there is such a 'clique' who's function would be to not respond to your posts. Or am I overreacting and you're being tongue-in-cheek?
I would venture to say that Wendy knew how her post would be received and, rightfully so, was quite comfortable with posting it-just as I hope you would be. I imagine she didn't stop to wonder if her post would be received any differently than a like one from you would have been.
Anyway, hate to see you, or anyone, think there's some sort of clique here given that, as with everyone else here, your contributions are good, timely and thorough.

Carole C on 1/09/02 at 21:18 (069419)

I'm new here, but I haven't felt there is a clique here at all. In fact, this has been the most friendly and supportive message board that I've been to in recent memory.

Carole C

Carole C on 1/09/02 at 21:21 (069421)

Surely you are joking, Elliott! There was a huge thread trying to get you to come back! They love you here.

Maybe sometimes people don't answer your threads because they don't know if you are being tongue in cheek or not. :)

Carole C

Re: how Dare you say I'm so sensitive! :-) (nm)

elliott on 1/09/02 at 22:38 (069433)

Re: The clique

wendyn on 1/09/02 at 23:31 (069443)

If there is a clique here - it is an unofficial group of women who can commisserate with the evil mood swings of PMS.

Elliott - the next time you post something that may be considered abrasive - try writing it off to PMS - it may be better received (since many of us are capable of crushing small animals with our bare hands once every 28 days). Then again - it may be considered sexist and sarcastic - so maybe not. Seemed like a good idea at first.

p.s. PMS can cause you to be a little 'overly sensitive too' - so you should be better in a day or so....

;)

john h on 1/10/02 at 10:34 (069496)

You have to have intelligence,wit, and humor where wendy lives because 'Baby it's Cold Outside'. I think Wendy's picture on the board should be one of her in 6 feet of snow rather than sailing on some yacht in her shorts and yachting cap.

john h on 1/10/02 at 10:50 (069503)

i must be missing a lot of post or something because i always read your post elliott. if you have PF buddy you are part of the Pain Train. All the people I have met in person on this board are really great people and I would love to have them all as neighbors but in the meantime I just take it that those of you I have not personally met are just as nice. I would love to hop into an aircraft and just make a journey around the country,Canada, and England to meet you all. What a fun exciting trip that would be.

Carole C on 1/10/02 at 15:11 (069544)

John, you would love New Orleans. Be sure to include it if you ever decide to tour about the country. It's exciting, vibrant, cosmopolitan, mystical, labyrinthine, and open all night. And if you have a brother who is single, be sure to bring him along too! :)

Carole C

John h on 1/10/02 at 17:22 (069566)

when I was in college i went to New Orleans on the spring break. Stayed at Tulane and lived on shrimp which was all you could eat for $1.00. It is very much 'the big easy'.

Carole C on 1/10/02 at 18:49 (069576)

I love it here. The cost of living is still pretty low, seafood is plentiful, and life is easy down here. Fun too. :)

Carole C

JudyS on 1/12/02 at 18:56 (069803)

Carole - My big sis has asked me to join her in New Orleans when she goes there (from Mich.) for a conference......if I go, will I get to say hello to you?

Carole C on 1/12/02 at 21:12 (069818)

Sure, Judy, when is it? I can't show you around too much.. I have PF (imagine that! LOL)

Carole C